Footy Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 23, 2005
Alberta
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers, N.A. Roosters
Just wondering whats the main Food Menu item you must try at your home teams stadium?
Here in Canada , when at the Ice Hockey we have Pyrogies with sour cream and bacon.
Boston has their crab cakes,San Diego has there Mexican Nachos,Seattle with the hi asian population serves Sushi,New Yorks famous hotdogs etc.
But what do they serve at Australian Footy matches.

Most of the food at Telstra Dome and the 'G is crap. However, the hamburgers at Port Melbourne were bloody great. Now that the Kangas are no longer affiliated with them I will won't be having them anymore :mad: well not until North Ballarat play Port Melbourne at TEAC oval.

I'm in the outer at AAMI so can't speak for the SANFL members area.
There's a decent bratwurst type sausage in a roll with coleslaw from one stand, the only thing close to a distinctive local food.
There is a nachos stand. The rest is standard pies, chips, god-awful hot dogs. Not sure if there is now a pizza option.

steve-o said:
Garlic Fries here in the Bay Area

Oh, and Perogies are NOT a Canadian custom, they're an Edmontonian treat.
Perogies

images

I rarely buy food at the grounds these days, I mainly attend MCG and Telstra Dome and its usually the same stuff, Just go into the city and buy something from a fast food outlet, But i dont mind a Hot Dog or Pie at the Footy. And to anyone that buys a soft drink at Telstra Dome, Head outside Gate 1 or 3 and theres a drink machine that sells drinks $1.50 cheaper than inside:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main is a Meat Pie, Sauce and 600mL coke....all that adds up to around $9.00

I guess there is no home team specialties at all, just Ground specialties. Telstra Dome have more of a selection on meal boxes, ie. Chilli Chicken strips with chips, or fish and chips.

I rarely eat at the footy but when I do it's a Pie. Before Telstra Dome games we usually go to the second level they have a bar called the captians bar where you can get not bad meals for about $10-15 about the standard of a counter meal, also can get full strength beer. Before MCG games usually go to the Lexus centre where you can get about the same standard meal for the same price.

Usually a coke and hotdog if I buy food in the football. There is a McDonalds directly over the road from Football Park so I usually go there 10 mins before half time to get something to eat and I usually get back just as the second half is about to start.

The steak sandwiches at Yorke Park are pretty good!!!

Apart from that most grounds have the same food items as any other, hot dogs, pies, chips, microwaved burgers.

Cheese and salami sandwich can be found on level two at the dome, in the social club area at all Geelong home games.

Try not to buy at the ground and I don't believe we really have any distict food that is different from others, just your pie, chips, hotdogs etc.

The chips @ footy park used to be disgraceful. They were undercooked, soggy and would come out all stuck together. Now they are usually crispy and just the way I like them. I usually have a pastie as well.

This thread has bought back some great old memories because I used to live and work in Edmonton. The Oilers were my team and I loved going to the ice hockey games. They were so much fun. It's a great night out. Ice Hockey fans are the maddest in the world. Gretsky was my favourite player but I think that Guy Lafleur was the best that I saw.

If you know where to go at Telstra Dome then you can get the food at normal prices, but its the 'staff' canteen.

But outside Telstra Dome is a new Subway which will make a killing this year, but the lines will be a killer. All normal prices and the staff also get a 15% discount :thumbsu:

-Mav

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Food

Remove this Banner Ad

Back