Footy Personalities: Forced Upon Us

Remove this Banner Ad

I have loved listening to SEN but the Garry Lyin appointment has really disappointed me. I really cannot stand him and hate the fact that some of the Footy Show cancer has spread to SEN.
Give me an Andy Maher anyday.
Hutchy is the captain of a sinking ship which will hopefully just disappear.
anigif_original-grid-image-27012-1376943656-40.gif

The problem is Crocmedia, They basically run the footy media landscape and its a massive boys club. Honestly one of the most insightful people I listen to is Cameron Ling but he doesn't really have a larger media presence, whether that's due to him not wanting to be prominent or his 'look' I don't know but people like that need to have more of a presence imo.

Also Dermie needs to stop being a condescending prick when he talks about anything footy related.

If you are in the Crocmedia boys club
Then you have a good job application.
Campbell Brown is the Crocmedia identity that irrites me.
Just oozes over-cockiness.

Honestly one of the most insightful people I listen to is Cameron Ling
Charlie-Day-WTF.gif

Awful commentator and drag queen tv make up, awkward silences from other hosts after his gags, you know what he's going to say as soon as he starts talking and he takes an eternity to actually say it
Sounds exactly like Dermie.

Serious? Not saying he's a great, or even good commentator. What I am saying is the bloke is a phenomenal defender, and if he wants to talk about that I'd certainly listen.

Taking this into another sport and I'd compare him to Ian Healy.

Whatever you think of the rest of his commentary - when Healy talks about wicketkeeping he is absolutely worth listening to.

I just feel like no one in the media know shit about what's going on. Every prediction or analysis King has ends up being wrong. Dermy is 99% miss 1% hit. Brownless, Newman, Derwayne just have no clue I get better insight from Jonno down the pub. Watson and Healy etc are just so bias I can't process anything they say. Don't even get me started on Robbo.

Seriously, I only really listen to Whateley, Dunstall and Lloyd. I'm so fed-up with unqualified sports analysts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard Whateley is the only footy personality I genuinely like. That guy is nothing but professional.
Unless he's talking about Geelong, in which case he becomes an excited schoolgirl and all professionalism goes out the window.

Unless he's talking about Geelong, in which case he becomes an excited schoolgirl and all professionalism goes out the window.

Bollocks I know he's an admitted cat but in recent times he finds some new team doing it differently and completely falls head over heels for them. First it was Port Adelaide under Hinkley (he flew over for some games) before they were shown up for what they are. Then his love of GWS rivaled that of his weird fetish for young female race horses. Then there was the Dogs season last year. As they marched on and on he got more and more dewy eyed for the sons of the West, his words getting longer and attaining more points on a scrabble board.

His fawning over whoever is in form or doing something exciting is what shits me about the man.

Last edited:

Or talking about Black Caviar.

Thank god it retired so we didn't have to listen to him drooling every time it won a race.

Bollocks I know he's an admitted can but in recent times he finds some new team doing it differently and completely falls head over heels for them. First it was Port Adelaide under Hinkley (he flew over for some games) before they were shown up for what they are. Then his love of GWS rivalled that of his weird fetish for young female race horses. Then there was the Dogs season last year. As they marched on and on he got more and more dewy eyed for the songs of the West, his words getting longer and attaining more points on a scrabble board.

His fawning over whoever is in form or doing something exciting is what shits me about the man.
You're not wrong, but I find it hard to believe you missed the weeks leading up to the Dangerfield decision. He was painful to watch jumping out of his skin each night in giddy anticipation.

And then there was the Paddy interviews.

And then their was Whateley splooging his pants whenever he discussed the Cats with Danger in the team.

And then there is Gerard shooting down any Geelong controversy whilst simultaneously having it in for any other team with an issue (Essendon drugs saga).

I know what I see.

Other than that, he's pretty good, in a nasally nerd type of way.

Bollocks I know he's an admitted cat but in recent times he finds some new team doing it differently and completely falls head over heels for them. First it was Port Adelaide under Hinkley (he flew over for some games) before they were shown up for what they are. Then his love of GWS rivaled that of his weird fetish for young female race horses. Then there was the Dogs season last year. As they marched on and on he got more and more dewy eyed for the sons of the West, his words getting longer and attaining more points on a scrabble board.

Hinkley Geelong
GWS Stevie ffing J
Dogs Dunno?

I've been listening to Lyon and co. on SEN and don't mind them, to be honest. Lyon will acknowledge if he hasn't a game at least.

The thing with these 'media personalities' is that they have so many other commitments so don't have time to actually properly analyse what happens in the game.

You're not wrong, but I find it hard to believe you missed the weeks leading up to the Dangerfield decision. He was painful to watch jumping out of his skin each night in giddy anticipation.

And then there was the Paddy interviews.

And then their was Whateley splooging his pants whenever he discussed the Cats with Danger in the team.

And then there is Gerard shooting down any Geelong controversy whilst simultaneously having it in for any other team with an issue (Essendon drugs saga).

I know what I see.

Other than that, he's pretty good, in a nasally nerd type of way.

Well in his defence Paddy is a dreamboat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy Personalities: Forced Upon Us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back