Footy trip thread (it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

I have never heard of a club not having a trip away. The trip away was always the highlight of the season. i recomend you go on a trip to Darwin before your career is out.

I don't know any that barrack for the doggies. I don't reckon that is his real club. People need to stop hiding behind there username and just come out and say who they are like Benny Collins.

back on the footy trip thread.

i am currently enquiring about the viability/approximate cost for a thur/fri/sat night trip to bendigo on GF weekend.

Footy trips on Grand Final Weekend is not a good idea for the Nilma Darnum Footy Club, mate.

As you may not be aware (and so are forgiven), we have our huge footy tipping piss up on that day at the social club. Free grog and spit roasted food are the order of the day, as well as the chance to shit-can any losing supporters.

We have about 60 in the tipping and more than half are made up of players.

Pick another weekend, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon ya would be safe with EDFL GF for darnums footy trip!

If ya go to Bendigo and not AFL GF, do it when the bendigo GF is on, we went a few years ago and it was a good day.

I think it woud be safe to book it during the first week of EDFL Finals. When was the last time this rabble even made a finals series?

Bendigo Football League, we watched Gisborne v Golden Square. Gisborne had Aaron James playing for them and Mick McGuane coach. Plenty of fights and good footy. A few of our boys ended up in the rooms and got a photo with Mick McGuane holding up the premiership cup that made the local paper. He made a speech and said "its supporters like these blokes that make it all worth it, been with us all year", and shit like that.

With all due respect NOK tasmania is an absolute shit hole. There is ____ all to do there. Papa if you would believe it they even wanted to stay in the same hotel as last time. Airlie would have been awesome but it was going to be $800 each, Bondi is only about $500.

What sort of accommodation are you getting Goal Sneak? $500 for Sydney seems a fair bit when the you should be able to get return airfares for under $200.

We are staying at a backpackers. I am doing it through footy trips axe man so prices are probably jacked up a bit.

this is the quote i got.
Flights - $199
taxes - $88
accomodation - $156
Bond - $50 (this is because we didn't get the bond back last year as the place was destoyed)
Transer Bus - $35

Total per person - $528 - Knock it down to $500 with some of out fundraisng.

Yeah I reckon Footy Trips ripped us a bit last year.

I wouldn't mind doing a Sydeny trip too since I've never been there on a footy trip and it should be on the cheaper side. I've had a bit of a look and I reckon you can do it for about $300. Only problem is the longer it takes to get organised and book flights, the more the flights go up.

Yeah i reckon that it could be done for $350 but it is just too much work. There is already enough work in making sure everyone pays there deposits on time.

Haha your team has not played finals for 13 years. At the rate you are going it will be at least another 13 years before you play finals again. That is if your club still even exists.

ah.

no worries then. just from experience, footy trips are way better on GF weekend.

I'll have another look.
We were in adelaide when they won their flags. You should have seen all the boys pretending to be crows supporters, the place was going off so we just went along for the ride!

So you played for Lang Lang in 1997-1998?

Off the top of my head the only guys playing senior footy now who would a been at the club then are Bones, Alex, Hammer and Baxter. Maybe Russ. Don't think any of them would have access to a computer during work hours like them so i think you are either in the twos or a retired player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy trip thread (it's back)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back