Remove this Banner Ad

footyman

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 21, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Changes to the order - www.footydraft.com

Dale Thomas has gone up on the strength of strong mail suggesting the Pies are quite keen.

Scott Pendlebury is likely to push up further in the next update. Believe that Fremantle are fairly interested, interested enough if Clarke still remains by pick 10 who knows? They haven't drafted a lot of WA players in the past three years anyway so it could be possible. Be warned it could happen!

Higgins appears very likely to consolidate a spot in the top 10.

Adelaide get their wish of home based players with their first two picks if it falls this way.

Danny Stanley could go higher, but not sure who to get out of the top 20 for him.

The order is right according to what afl.com.au published last Friday.

Next update Wednesday night. Remaining profiles to be added during the week, will post names of updated players on here once loaded.

Geez, what a massive slide for Andrew Swallow and a massive jump for Thomas - those two are the big movers.

What makes you think that if Lucy, Bower, Mills, Sphanger were all available at pick 20 that Carlton won't pick any of them when that is weakest point? All in all makes it even more interesting - Good work :thumbsu:

Hu$$ey said:
Geez, what a massive slide for Andrew Swallow and a massive jump for Thomas - those two are the big movers.

What makes you think that if Lucy, Bower, Mills, Sphanger were all available at pick 20 that Carlton won't pick any of them when that is weakest point? All in all makes it even more interesting - Good work :thumbsu:
Is a slide for Swallow, but with momentum appearing to be gathering for the likes of Thomas, Higgins and Pendlebury it is natural that some will slide.

What makes it so tough is that because there is nothing strong about what Carlton want to do at pick 4, nobody can really tell what they will do at 20.

They got Saddington in the trade and McLaren will be going their way in the PSD, plus they expect something out of O'Hailpin, they'll get a tall somewhere I am sure (whether it is Dowler or another) but I think perhaps the need for a defender or two is perhaps overhyped a tad, but hey Carlton fans know their list better than me. If they can come out of it with a inside mid, an outsider runner, a key position player and a small defender with outstanding skills they'd be happy I reckon.

Drum has risen a fair bit...

Any mail on that, or just a feeling that he'll go top 10?

Birchall up the order too, I'd be suprised to see West Coast pass up Pfeiffer if he was on the board.

irish_setanta said:
cant see hurn still being available at 9

Agreed. Although if he did slip that far it would be a hard choice for Brisbane. We really need KPP but a classy mid like Hurn would be hard to pass up.

TheBrownDog said:
Agreed. Although if he did slip that far it would be a hard choice for Brisbane. We really need KPP but a classy mid like Hurn would be hard to pass up.

Brisbane have always gone for the 'best available' player in the draft, and if Hurn slipped to 9, he would be a certainty to be picked up.

Pat Garner is a big hope to play a bit as a third tall this year, and take over from Leppitsch in 2007. There will be a number of very good footballers available in the 25 - 40 range due to the eveness of the year, so drafting a KPP early is not essential.

blumfieldisback said:
I think essendon would take clarke at 7 though before higgins.
If we ended up with Clark and Swallow I'd be very happy, both have been projected to go higher than picks 7 and 19 respectively and they suit our needs.

Also, is there any reason why you have given us Higgins rather than Hurn? I'd like to hear reasons for why Hurn is slipping down the order, because he's been rated as high as pick 2 recently.

Footyman this is a better draft i think and i actually reckon this may be the closest to the draft but what made you put Dale Thomas up alot higher. I will be very happy if he goes to the pies at pick 5. But a bit of a negative what is with Ben Mckinley's Position? pick 19 now down 29

waspy said:
I'd like to hear reasons for why Hurn is slipping down the order, because he's been rated as high as pick 2 recently.
Just because people have been talking him up on here doesn't mean he's actually been rated that highly. It's been rumoured for a while that Hurn isn't rated highly by some recruiting staffs, and I actually haven't heard any rumours about where he will go.

As for pick #2, on SEN this morning, Malthouse essentially said that if Murphy goes at #1, Collingwood will be taking Xavier Ellis...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vinnie_vegas69 said:
As for pick #2, on SEN this morning, Malthouse essentially said that if Murphy goes at #1, Collingwood will be taking Xavier Ellis...

And Clarkson said that if Ellis goes at 2 then the Hawks will take Kennedy at 3 (or at least that was prior to shoulder injury).

Is that our top 3 set?

Gleave said:
Footyman this is a better draft i think and i actually reckon this may be the closest to the draft but what made you put Dale Thomas up alot higher. I will be very happy if he goes to the pies at pick 5. But a bit of a negative what is with Ben Mckinley's Position? pick 19 now down 29

McKinley's Draft Camp was poor, his skinfolds, 20m sprint and his endurance were all below average plus he is a 183.9cm Full Forward very hard to make it in the AFL at that size at Full Forward. Could he play midfield or even on a half forward flank or forward pocket that is the question IMO he will struggle at AFL level as he wont be the focal point in the forward line. I would take him late or as a rookie. Pick 29 is too high.

theorangeapple said:
And Clarkson said that if Ellis goes at 2 then the Hawks will take Kennedy at 3 (or at least that was prior to shoulder injury).

Is that our top 3 set?

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Dowler
4. Clark

OR

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Dowler
4. Kennedy

OR

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Kennedy
4. Dowler

theorangeapple said:

Is that our top 3 set?
I'm not so sure now, that comment was a long time ago, definitely before the injury came out.

Bluemike said:
1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Dowler
4. Clark

OR

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Dowler
4. Kennedy

OR

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Kennedy
4. Dowler
That's the most likely, IMO. Although, I have Dowler down the order a bit further.

footyman said:
Adelaide get their wish of home based players with their first two picks if it falls this way.

Danny Stanley could go higher, but not sure who to get out of the top 20 for him.

Adelaide are very interested in Danny Stanley from what I hear. Don't be surprised if he goes there at 17 or 18.

I don't think Port Adelaide would pass on Alan Obst with 30, and take a 188cm FB from WA who will most likely want to go home after a few years. But other than that, you did a good job, well done!!!!

If we say this is likely Top 4

1. Murphy
2. Ellis
3. Kennedy
4. Dowler

who do we think Pies will take ?

Although I would prefer KPP if they take Ellis at 2 if rumours are true they will take Dale Thomas. Would like Ryder or Clark if this is Top 4.

if hurn falls through, he would be a steal for essendon at 7, and an even bigger steal for brisbane at 9, but dont think essendon will pass him up if he is available at 7, as we lack big bodied midfielder, this year

Remove this Banner Ad

footydraft updated - 21/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back