Game FootyGrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Rarity update on Footygrid has ben good but still has some confusing ones.

Couple of days ago I got a 2 for Ron Barassi for Carlton and Melbourne who is arguably the most famous Carlton, Melbourne player ever, but feel like it has now gone the other day. Brad Dalziel being a mid fifties rarity seems odd.
I’m perplexed by this too. Toby Bedford recorded a 50 score for my brother the other day for Melbourne-GWS and he’s a current player. I got James McDonald who hasn’t played since 2012 and he recorded a 61.

I’m perplexed by this too. Toby Bedford recorded a 50 score for my brother the other day for Melbourne-GWS and he’s a current player. I got James McDonald who hasn’t played since 2012 and he recorded a 61.
Depends on what the relationship was. Was it two clubs, height, or other stat? Could be if it was GWS MElbourne that people remembered him playing in their first season, just like people would remeber Scully and Ward.

Just did the NBA one and only got the obvious ones. Did the Baseball one and got 1/9. The only batter I know.

Last edited:

I assume the rarity scale comes from submissions as a percentage? Could be very wrong on that.
I don't think it is big enough yet to be based on submissions. Website says rarity is based on a 'unique formula'. Which I suspect is tied to a combination of games played, accolades secured, recency of playing and potentially an element of recent guess history. I think it's very much a stab in the dark with exactly what rarity you'll get.

Gridley 11 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🔵☀️🦅
🦘🟩🟩🟩
🟤🟩🟩🟩
🐯🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 280

🏉 #Fo#FootyGrid #79
⬜⬛⬛
🟥⬛🟨
⬛⬜⬛
Rarity 641.59

1690432191825.png

Gridley 11 - 9/9

PERFECT!
  🔵☀️🦅
🦘🟩🟩🟩
🟤🟩🟩🟩
🐯🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 326

1690431715863.png

🏉 #Fo#FootyGrid #79
🟦🟨⬛
🟦🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟦
Rarity 400.65

I tried to put a name from the olden times but it must only go back so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🏉 #Fo#FootyGrid #79
🟦🟨⬛
🟦🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟦
Rarity 400.65

I tried to put a name from the olden times but it must only go back so far.
I think it goes back to 1965 with the introduction of more in-depth player stats.

Yeah, it says it only goes to 1967 or something I think.

That would explain it.

Probably works in conjunction with AFLTables, which has comprehensive stats going back to 1965.

Been loving this. Prefer Gridleys % guessed rather than the 'rarity' score by Footygrid, been a bit all over the shop. Guessed Djaran Whyman the other day for one of them and pretty sure he had a rarity in the 30's... I thought I had found gold remembering him.

Been loving this. Prefer Gridleys % guessed rather than the 'rarity' score by Footygrid, been a bit all over the shop. Guessed Djaran Whyman the other day for one of them and pretty sure he had a rarity in the 30's... I thought I had found gold remembering him.
Danny Meyer got me 0.1 on Gridley a couple of days ago.

🏉 #Fo#FootyGrid #8 9/9
⬛⬜⬜
⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬜⬛
Rarity 593.15

Gridley 12 - 7/9

🔵🦢🏅
🐦‍⬛🟩🟩🟩
🐶⬜🟩⬜
🏅🟩🟩🟩
Rarity: 378

Couple of tricky entries here. Did surprisingly well. Did have to have a look at Brisbanes playing list cos I forgot the guys name. I don't think you can always get rare cards. Got a nice gem lowest score of 37.
1690479691556.png

🏉 #Fo#FootyGrid #89
🟦🟦⬛
⬜⬜⬛
🟦🟨⬛
Rarity 479.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Game FootyGrid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back