Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2004
Pluto
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TOO
Ok tigerrheads here we are at the arse end of another season and yep, we are in that place where we used to call home, "mediocrity". Now seeing as we are a million to one to make the 8, because you might make it with 11, but highly unlikely and you probably will make it with 12, maybe and we are on 8 1/2 and looking at the dawks next week. its pretty safe to say we have done our dash for this year.
Back to where we need to find a needle in the haystack of the draft, back to waiting for others to have the pick of the crop, before us, back to where a mistake is more likely, rather than a success when picking a draftee with our first pick. If you look at the form guide with our first round picks, anything above number 2 in the draft, we have by and large ****ed up.
So with that in mind....those of you who go around suggesting that they are patient and we cant sack TW now, the plan has to unfold and all that nice to hear stuff that makes all of the tigerheads warm and fuzzy, what difference would it have made if we were in the box seat for another top 3 draft pick, when we saw on the weekend that winning 8 games does JS when it comes to confidence?
Ahhhh...oh but we need to be patient huh? One more year is all that was needed, but naaaa, not for TW and GM, they needed to show the nuff nuffs that they werre on the job by winning against rabbles. Fools, we could have been now sitting there waiting to add a young star ruckman to our young list and go from there, but all we wanted to do was pull our dicks to much with beating also rans. Now lets see what TW does to address our glaring deficiencies....will he trade our top pick for someone? you betcha....stay tuned. ;)

You use the word "fool" way too much"

But I do understand you're frustration. Although we like to hold a tough front and claim we are better then we actually are, proof is in the pudding that we are still a very ordinary team with glaring defencies.

It frustrates me endlessly that so many teams have gone past us.

In 05, Hawthorn and the Doggies flew straight past us with some aggressive trading and drafting

In 06, it was Brisbane and Collingwood, who barely had to bottom out to build up another strong competive team despite playing in 5 premierships between them

In 07, everyone was better then us.

Now in 08, just when I thought it was getting better, like it or not, Carlton have gone right past us. An injury depleted Essendon also have looked better then us for alot of the year despite our side have about 90% of the list to choose a side from

So who goes past us in 09? Melbourne. Lock it in.

Woe is life for the Richmond Tigers supporter

I'm getting that sinking feeling as well... Don't want to see Wallace get sacked before he's served his time but I don't really like the alternative either.

The side we've got now will not win us a flag, no matter how well the kids develop. We're at least 2 stars short of a very good side and don't have a lot of prospects for getting them.

It's Groundtiger Day - just another also ran and it's not looking like changing soon.

In 2007 we finished last with 3.5 wins - how could we realistically expect to make the eight and win 13 games this year.

Stop being so delusional !

We will probably win about 10.5 games this year and beginning to look like one of the better teams outside the eight. We still have two more years before we can even contemplate beating the top 4 teams.

To date we are on plan with what was promised with the only exception being that we bottomed out in year 3 not probably year 1 or 2.

Judge TW at the end of 2008 like we promised we would do.

I have that gutted feeling (again) and being a keen Coburg attendee there is not a lot that excites me coming through the ranks. Rance will be one to watch, Meyer may get back but apart from that Im not sure where the success will come from. Pray that we wont go hunting Kositschke from the Saints. I guess the silver lining is that when our ageing stars retire in 2-4 years we are going to have some considerable $$$ to splash around. Little consolation though.

You use the word "fool" way too much"

But I do understand you're frustration. Although we like to hold a tough front and claim we are better then we actually are, proof is in the pudding that we are still a very ordinary team with glaring defencies.

It frustrates me endlessly that so many teams have gone past us.

In 05, Hawthorn and the Doggies flew straight past us with some aggressive trading and drafting

In 06, it was Brisbane and Collingwood, who barely had to bottom out to build up another strong competive team despite playing in 5 premierships between them

In 07, everyone was better then us.

Now in 08, just when I thought it was getting better, like it or not, Carlton have gone right past us. An injury depleted Essendon also have looked better then us for alot of the year despite our side have about 90% of the list to choose a side from

So who goes past us in 09? Melbourne. Lock it in.

Woe is life for the Richmond Tigers supporter

People on here dont like using other teams as a yard stick.

What are you doing comparing us with other sides in the AFL when compared to Nth Heidelberg in the Diamond Valley, we are travelling nicely??

Im sick of hearing that things are good compared to last year. Herpes is good compared to last year.

Ok tigerrheads here we are at the arse end of another season and yep, we are in that place where we used to call home, "mediocrity". Now seeing as we are a million to one to make the 8, because you might make it with 11, but highly unlikely and you probably will make it with 12, maybe and we are on 8 1/2 and looking at the dawks next week. its pretty safe to say we have done our dash for this year.
Back to where we need to find a needle in the haystack of the draft, back to waiting for others to have the pick of the crop, before us, back to where a mistake is more likely, rather than a success when picking a draftee with our first pick. If you look at the form guide with our first round picks, anything above number 2 in the draft, we have by and large ****ed up.
So with that in mind....those of you who go around suggesting that they are patient and we cant sack TW now, the plan has to unfold and all that nice to hear stuff that makes all of the tigerheads warm and fuzzy, what difference would it have made if we were in the box seat for another top 3 draft pick, when we saw on the weekend that winning 8 games does JS when it comes to confidence?
Ahhhh...oh but we need to be patient huh? One more year is all that was needed, but naaaa, not for TW and GM, they needed to show the nuff nuffs that they werre on the job by winning against rabbles. Fools, we could have been now sitting there waiting to add a young star ruckman to our young list and go from there, but all we wanted to do was pull our dicks to much with beating also rans. Now lets see what TW does to address our glaring deficiencies....will he trade our top pick for someone? you betcha....stay tuned. ;)

Ok, what do you say about tanking next year? Plan it now and come last. You will say no, but at the end of next season if we won 10 games, you'll be bagging us for saying the same thing. KNOB :eek:

I'm not able to agree with most of the sentiment here.

2008 has been an improvement
- Tigers have won more games than 07
- There have been no big, hard beltings like in previous seasons
- We've notched up some good wins and been super competitive against some quality opposition

Since when have draft picks been such a priority to people round here? There have been many examples of quality players being taken late in the 1st round, and in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of drafts.
Just like there have been many hyped up 1st rounders that have bombed

Face reality, the Tigers are a much improved unit now and are on the path towards a great future - all thanks to TW's long term plan, some committment from the club and a playing group that genuinely loves the guernsey.

Well done to TW and his team for staying focused on the long term vision to return to the top, rather than relying on quick fixes that would mortgage the sides long term future :thumbsu:

Widely predicted - 16th
Currently sitting - 11th

Mediocrity ???:confused:

Agree though........why / how can Carltank and the Bummers be flying past us - AGAIN (yet another team/s). :confused:

Miller ???
Gawn !!! Let's see what happens now.........

There is one big difference to the last couple of years and that is that we are actually improving. As long as the boys are getting better we should stay supportive of TW but if we start stagnating or going backwards then it is time to reassess...

Cogga and Co.... l understand your pain, l understand your concerns and l understand the frustrations of others wizzing past us.

However, everytime you write something critical, you never put your balls on the line and offer any solution. None, zero, a duck! :thumbsdown:

Rather than bitching all the time, tell us how you would improve the place.

Sack Wallace... Replace with who?
Sack Free... Replace with who?
Sack Johnson... Replace with who?
Finish last... How do we get sponsors/winning mentality?
Finish 8th... How do inject outright class through the draft?

Its amazing how everyones views change if only we had made the 8 this year. We will probably finish 9th after wins in round 21 and 22, yet the vitrial coming out of everyone, you would think that we were being relegated to DVFL under 12's.

Finish 8th... we all pat ourselves on the back. Regardless of whether a week later, we get flogged by 100 points in our first final in years.
Finish 9th... we have to sack everyone.

Too much bitching for me, but none of you offer solutions! :rolleyes:

amid that haze, I take it cogg you are advocating we should have been sattisfied winning 1 or two games for the year...NO THANKS pal...Id rather put my balls thru a mincer than witness the recurring nightmare of 2007. I'll keep my powder dry on judging our performance in 2008 as there is a few weeks to play that are important in many respects

(Log in to remove this ad.)

amid that haze, I take it cogg you are advocating we should have been sattisfied winning 1 or two games for the year...NO THANKS pal...Id rather put my balls thru a mincer than witness the recurring nightmare of 2007. I'll keep my powder dry on judging our performance in 2008 as there is a few weeks to play that are important in many respects
Agree. Enjoyed this season far more than the last. Some promising youth, improving defence. Another year like '07 and we probably would have sacked Wallace and installed some untried bloke who may or may not have had a clue.

Agree. Enjoyed this season far more than the last. Some promising youth, improving defence. Another year like '07 and we probably would have sacked Wallace and installed some untried bloke who may or may not have had a clue.
Apparently its not out of the woods anyway :(

For the first time this year we saw a young team playing a great brand of attacking footy.

Maybe it wasnt in enough games, and maybe it was in glimpses. But we havent seen anything for a very long time at this footy club.

Buts its something to build on going into Wallace's last year as coach.

Sack him now and its groundhog day for the RFC.

you really are a gullible dude arent you? We went from how many wins the season before to 3 last year...why? Dont forget that we had included top draft picks in Lids and Bling into the team last year to add skill and class to a team that had won how many the year before? Dont know if you choose to not believe it for the sake of "not doing a carltank" but we tanked it last year to get the kid who we are pulling our puds over. Dont know if you actually watch how we play, but we dont play any differently to any of the other years that have gone by...the common denominators in all those year are 2 and they stand out like dogs balls. We havent any forward structure, we havent any rucking power. Rucking power "MIGHT" be addressed with Gus and Putt in a few years, if they actually cut it. If they actually cut it that is.
You are one that advocates we stick to the rebuild plan and not trade away draft picks, so tell us dude, how would you propose we address the biggest dillema this team has had for the last decade and continues to have now.....no ****ing forward line? Go on this will be good...because yeah lets build with youth...but yeah also, we need to find "the youth" that cuts it first, then develop that "youth" to play senior footy, then we still have to hold our breath to see if they got it right with "that youth" and in the meantime, we need to hold on to the current youth, that has made a name for itself and having dollars thrust into their faces by other clubs when contract time comes up. You take this narrow minded approach that suggests all our young stars will never jump ship for another club offering big bucks and that this magic wand will wave and all of a sudden we will have this forward line that just appears out of nowhere that the comp cant stop.

Here is something for you to ponder as well.....if we are in that good a shape with the likes of Tuck returning as TW suggests improved KPIs FFS, then the question i would be asking is why have they persisted with Coggs for the last 2 years? Do you know why? Because TW is clutching for straws and is hanging his hat on a guy who has done 2 knees to dig him out of the hole he has dug for himself.
Thats how good our in and under ball extracting stocks are, we are waiting for Coggs to get back and then we will hold our breath each week that nothing goes wrong.
Then you get to the steamer, who is hailed as the possible answer. Yeah? if he were the answer, then he would be getting bags at Coburg week in week out, FFS, those ****ing also rans in Saunter and Podsialy or whatever they call him get a bag each week, and yeah. Cleve Hughes is our FF because one week he gets 4 and the nest gets torn a new one....give me a break dude.
****ing list management ny arse....its all a power point presentation with the spin included to keep you thinking we have improved.;)

you really are a gullible dude arent you? We went from how many wins the season before to 3 last year...why? Dont forget that we had included top draft picks in Lids and Bling into the team last year to add skill and class to a team that had won how many the year before? Dont know if you choose to not believe it for the sake of "not doing a carltank" but we tanked it last year to get the kid who we are pulling our puds over. Dont know if you actually watch how we play, but we dont play any differently to any of the other years that have gone by...the common denominators in all those year are 2 and they stand out like dogs balls. We havent any forward structure, we havent any rucking power. Rucking power "MIGHT" be addressed with Gus and Putt in a few years, if they actually cut it. If they actually cut it that is.
You are one that advocates we stick to the rebuild plan and not trade away draft picks, so tell us dude, how would you propose we address the biggest dillema this team has had for the last decade and continues to have now.....no ****ing forward line? Go on this will be good...because yeah lets build with youth...but yeah also, we need to find "the youth" that cuts it first, then develop that "youth" to play senior footy, then we still have to hold our breath to see if they got it right with "that youth" and in the meantime, we need to hold on to the current youth, that has made a name for itself and having dollars thrust into their faces by other clubs when contract time comes up. You take this narrow minded approach that suggests all our young stars will never jump ship for another club offering big bucks and that this magic wand will wave and all of a sudden we will have this forward line that just appears out of nowhere that the comp cant stop.

Here is something for you to ponder as well.....if we are in that good a shape with the likes of Tuck returning as TW suggests improved KPIs FFS, then the question i would be asking is why have they persisted with Coggs for the last 2 years? Do you know why? Because TW is clutching for straws and is hanging his hat on a guy who has done 2 knees to dig him out of the hole he has dug for himself.
Thats how good our in and under ball extracting stocks are, we are waiting for Coggs to get back and then we will hold our breath each week that nothing goes wrong.
Then you get to the steamer, who is hailed as the possible answer. Yeah? if he were the answer, then he would be getting bags at Coburg week in week out, FFS, those ****ing also rans in Saunter and Podsialy or whatever they call him get a bag each week, and yeah. Cleve Hughes is our FF because one week he gets 4 and the nest gets torn a new one....give me a break dude.
****ing list management ny arse....its all a power point presentation with the spin included to keep you thinking we have improved.;)

You think you're a legend, dont you? So ****ing good that you offer nothing but bitching and sooking.

You know what Cogga... you bore us all. How about telling us how you would've done it over the last 4 years and what you "propose" we do going forward.

You are a hindsight ****ing genius mate :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

You think you're a legend, dont you? So ****ing good that you offer nothing but bitching and sooking.

You know what Cogga... you bore us all. How about telling us how you would've done it over the last 4 years and what you "propose" we do going forward.

You are a hindsight ****ing genius mate :rolleyes: :thumbsdown:

i wouldnt have kept the rubbish that was there just to suck our dicks for the last 4 years. No one would have complained if they took a broom to the whole list and replaced it with new blood right through. Dont know about you fool, but the Pettifers, Hydes, Johnsons etc etc of this world were ****ed 4 years ago if you watched the game. But naaaa, the stats on the A4 stats sheet read otherwise didnt it. And 4 years on, we kept them all on for what?
We needede sweeping changes, we were that ****ed by the dud that a total clear out was needed and a complete new outfit put together, be it with kids and other ready mades to play along side them. But naaaa, not us, we kept the Leaders that we deemed fit to lead our kids and we got the kids leading the leaders.
As for my hindisght, again i am not an expert, i just go and watch and see what the "experts" produce. They have produced what? yep, posters like you suggesting...awwww its all good in hindsight, but that is the excuse that keeps on giving, go and ask the ****ing dawk supporters if they use the word hindsight, when talking about the "experts" that they relied on to get them to where they are.
This club is completely riddled with people with inferiority complexes afraid to demand nothing less than the best, because they are afraid of what is around the corner if they change the mix. Well, dont know about you fool, but we dont look any different to other years, we still play a comical brand of footy, more often than not, we have players there who have been there forevever doing the same stupid things and you talk about hindisight?
The proof in the pudding when taliking about hindsight is this, the person who shouldnt have needed it, and got paid top dollar because he shouldnt have needed it is now out of a job, by those that wait forever for things to happen.
Those who wait for things to happen, wait forever, those who make it happen, dont.
****ing hidsight my arse. We pick a Sylvester who has been at Coburg for how long? and rookie him. From all the ****ing players throughout the land's comps, we picked someone who was making up numbers. Not someone that might have made a name. Oh yeah, we needed insurance, for what? like what the **** is insurance got to do when you are supposedly developing a team from the ground up?
Stick to what you know best fool. Keep listening to people who are protecting their pockets and thinking that they care about you. ;)

i wouldnt have kept the rubbish that was there just to suck our dicks for the last 4 years. No one would have complained if they took a broom to the whole list and replaced it with new blood right through. Dont know about you fool, but the Pettifers, Hydes, Johnsons etc etc of this world were ****ed 4 years ago if you watched the game. But naaaa, the stats on the A4 stats sheet read otherwise didnt it. And 4 years on, we kept them all on for what?
We needede sweeping changes, we were that ****ed by the dud that a total clear out was needed and a complete new outfit put together, be it with kids and other ready mades to play along side them. But naaaa, not us, we kept the Leaders that we deemed fit to lead our kids and we got the kids leading the leaders.
As for my hindisght, again i am not an expert, i just go and watch and see what the "experts" produce. They have produced what? yep, posters like you suggesting...awwww its all good in hindsight, but that is the excuse that keeps on giving, go and ask the ****ing dawk supporters if they use the word hindsight, when talking about the "experts" that they relied on to get them to where they are.
This club is completely riddled with people with inferiority complexes afraid to demand nothing less than the best, because they are afraid of what is around the corner if they change the mix. Well, dont know about you fool, but we dont look any different to other years, we still play a comical brand of footy, more often than not, we have players there who have been there forevever doing the same stupid things and you talk about hindisight?
The proof in the pudding when taliking about hindsight is this, the person who shouldnt have needed it, and got paid top dollar because he shouldnt have needed it is now out of a job, by those that wait forever for things to happen.
Those who wait for things to happen, wait forever, those who make it happen, dont. ;)

Hours of typing for nothing :cool:

who gives a **** meathead. I type whatever. Big ****ing deal. Like you must think life revolves around what is posted on a BF forum dont you pea brain. Its an ineternet forum, anyone and everyone can talk any shit they like. ;)

If I was a meathead, I'd be listening to metal and hard rock. Yank crap :eek:

Those who wait for things to happen, wait forever, those who make it happen, dont.
****ing hidsight my arse. We pick a Sylvester who has been at Coburg for how long? and rookie him. From all the ****ing players throughout the land's comps, we picked someone who was making up numbers. Not someone that might have made a name. Oh yeah, we needed insurance, for what? like what the **** is insurance got to do when you are supposedly developing a team from the ground up?
Stick to what you know best fool. Keep listening to people who are protecting their pockets and thinking that they care about you. ;)

bwhahahahahahaha.... you know whats funny **** face.... you talk about our "experts" not having the balls to take the broom to our list and sweeping out a whole heap of deadwood over the past few years, and then you still type in these forums under "CoggaRules" - a bloke that should've been shown the door, because he's doing nothing and will never EVER be part of a successful Richmond side EVER.

So whilst you still think "Cogga Rules", you too are the ****ing dillusional one that hasnt got the aggots to cut a bloke that adds no value, nor ever will.

See ya champ. You're a hero. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back