News Forget about HURLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Would the Bummers consider Ziebell when they have Watson, Welsh, Hislop, Stanton, McPhee and McVeigh in their best 22 or on their list?

Essendon would have a one paced and tall midfield if they added Ziebell and Prismall's knee to their midfield at the cost of Lovett.

Even if they get Davey back.

Essendon's attacking game plan might favour Hartlett or Yarran who have more pace than Ziebell...

The Telstra Dome punishes slow sides such as Carlton.

That's my spin to get Ziebell to get Carlton. ;) :D

McPhee doesn't play Midfield, Hislop is not in the best 22.

Lovett is still there. Add Winderlich, Davey, Jetta and Dempsey to that list and you have a fair bit of pace.

Having said this it is probably a moot point because Hurley will be drafted to Essendon.

I never mentioned McPhee as a midfielder, but he's a player who will be in your 22 next year and is a similar size to Ziebell. Hislop is another tallish marking flanker or midfielder who is a similar size to Ziebell and can take a good grab.

I'm not sure if Essendon need another one paced 6'2" HFF/HBF who can push into the midfield.

Especially after you traded for Prismall.

All signs and rumours would point to Essendon drafting Hurley, but you never what will happen when Port arguably need Hurley more than the Bombers.

At least Carlton and Essendon are well placed to grab the best of what's left like the Hawks and the Cats when they selected Thorp and Selwood after Boak.

Port will have to pick the best from three young guns if Naitanui, Rich and Watts are drafted in the first three picks.

Port's recruiters could make a great case for Vickery, Ziebell and Hurley with pick four.

Ouch.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Forget about HURLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back