News Forget about HURLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Worm4

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
He's been told by Mark Williams that if he is available at pick 4, that Port are going to draft him.

This is not a rumour. His family is not happy !

I'm involved with his suburban footy and cricket team and know a lot of his friends. Word spread down the club on Saturday arvo.

Not a complete shock that Port would be interested in him. They'll be getting an absolute KP back or forward for the next 10 years.

I'm involved with his suburban footy and cricket team and know a lot of his friends. Word spread down the club on Saturday arvo.
.........and that's not a rumour?:confused::confused:

If the WORD is true, then it looks like either one of Ziebell or Hartlett will be picked at 6.

Though just a feeling in me waters that if Hurley is gawn, then we might be welcoming Tengrove or Robinson to the club. Cant see the club passing up a KPP at pick 6.

If the WORD is true, then it looks like either one of Ziebell or Hartlett will be picked at 6.

Though just a feeling in me waters that if Hurley is gawn, then we might be welcoming Tengrove or Robinson to the club. Cant see the club passing up a KPP at pick 6.

OH for all we know, Big Nat will be left at pick 6 and the club could go with him.

looks as though this is going to happen early in the draft

1 Watts
2 Rich
3 Natanui
4 Hurley
5 Vickery ?
6 Ziebell

Wouldn't complain .

If we get the Big Nat at pick 6 AWG, i will not bear by bum in Bourke St or do a nudie run (probably scare too many women and children) ;), I would leave my wife and pad up for the opposition, if you catch my drift.

Please, for the love of God, the Big N will be picked up by pick 5!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a LOT of love for Sidebottom on the Essendon board. I doubt they would take him before Ziebell or Hurley, but they would certainly take him before Vickery. As should we.

Are we a shot at Aaron Cornelius with our second pick? or only if it's 24? He needs to put on weight but he's certainly got a lot of tricks for a tall bloke.

Look, I don't mean to pick. I'm sure you have your reasons for the statement, but.......

If you heard it directly from either Hurley or Williams then it is fact.....and STILL doesn't mean it will happen, as trade week has only just started, and things can change very quickly........

.....but you have heard the RUMOUR eminating from his club.

It may be a very strong rumour, and it is believable..........but it is a rumour. Not news, not a fact........a rumour.:thumbsu:

theirs alot of love for Ziebell on this board but.. but honestly come draft day WH and the lads could have a different name to all of us...
who knows wahts coming to drop i hope its the Zman but who knows...
hurly wont make it to carlton pick because Port and Essendon are crying out for KPP down back one or the other will take him..

If Hurley is the gone, the bombers will be after a midfielder for mine. Hartlett and Sidebottom are the next best available. Personally don't classify Ziebell as a midfielder just yet, he'll pinch hit in there but he isn't a pure midfielder. It does depend on whether they want to go best available and take Ziebell (no question he is best available at their pick in my mind) or let him slide and pick up one of Rusty or Hartlett. We'll have to wait and see but my feeling is they will take Ziebell unfortunately, way to good to pass on.

If Hurley is the gone, the bombers will be after a midfielder for mine. Hartlett and Sidebottom are the next best available. Personally don't classify Ziebell as a midfielder just yet, he'll pinch hit in there but he isn't a pure midfielder. It does depend on whether they want to go best available and take Ziebell (no question he is best available at their pick in my mind) or let him slide and pick up one of Rusty or Hartlett. We'll have to wait and see but my feeling is they will take Ziebell unfortunately, way to good to pass on.

Still a lot of talk about Yarran top 5 too

Interesting rumour especially considering the other rumour that Williams has put pick 4 on the table. Perhaps he's trying to find out what player Carlton or Essendon are prepared to cough up to get Hurley.

Interesting rumour especially considering the other rumour that Williams has put pick 4 on the table. Perhaps he's trying to find out what player Carlton or Essendon are prepared to cough up to get Hurley.
Hartlett and Russell?:D

......Stevens?:p

Still a lot of talk about Yarran top 5 too

True but personally I think it's just that, talk. Potential wise he's a top 5 pick but the way he seems to handle the mental side of the game he is no where near a top 5 pick. Don't think they would be that sure they can turn him around and justify picking him over Ziebell, Hartlett etc.

Don't get me wrong, massive potential and personally I hope I'm wrong but waying up the risks, i don't think he is worth a top 5 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Forget about HURLEY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back