Forget the doom and gloom!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

[/b]
Gee your drawing a long bow there RT.
Listen i'm as hopefull as anyone that we've turned the corner, but i've also played a lot of QAFL state league footy where the standard isn't too bad and the players and coaching staff are def switched on. i think even for the current list its a little fanciful that they might be tuned in enough to play in 10 min bursts.
the facts are that we are stil making crap decisions with the ball when going forward and were getting hurt badly on the rebound.
Although i'm pleased with some of the young talent we have running around this year, we still have to drill the boys to make the correct decision under pressure, and either perfect or change our overpossesive game plan before we can consider ourselves a chance.
What I meant by 10 minutes of footy is it seemed we would have a crack for about half the quarter and then ease the foot off the pedal, which probably has something to do with the club having the players peak for round 1 in 4 weeks time, not now to win the NAB Cup. I think that Wallace went about it quite smartly on Thursday night, played most of the kids for the majority of the match to see how they handled it. Despite limited input from a number of the more senior players we were able to hang with the Pies for the first 3 quarters and had it not been for poor conversion would have led at 3/4 time and may have gone on to win. However once the Pies got on a bit of a roll it seemed that the message had gone out to the players that the cue had been put in the rack and that there was little point going all out to try and reel them in. Now that we're out of the NAB Cup and into the challenge phase I'm expecting that the side will play in the style that we will want to play in the season proper although I expect next Friday that a number of senior players will be missing.

Ok. Perhaps I'll mention to snorkels that:
a) Changing teams in the first place isn't a good move, no matter what the premise.
b) Following a player instead of a team is not good either.
c) Claiming that you just happened to land at Richmond - I can't remember if that was you or another of the WC 'supporters' who changed - is a load of shit. Why not change teams at the start of last year?
d) We are a really good football side.
e) Rating a team based on a NAB cup performance is somewhat embarassing.
f) Ben Cousins is one player out of many at Richmond.
g) Comments such as this:
He needs a team who is present and accounted for to put their heads down and play seriously, not treat it like a warmup...
are ridiculous. Really they are. For a few reasons, those being
gi) We don't owe Ben Cousins anything
ii) To build on point i), as a club, Richmond does not have to change anything to suit Ben Cousins.
iii) You are trying to make out like it's you and Ben Cousins versus Richmond. Really, you are. How sad.
h)
I wont be buying a ticket to watch the Tigers in round one based on that shitty performance.
2 points on this:
hi) I see a trend forming.
ii) I'm sure the hierarchy at Richmond are shattered, as are all here at Bigfooty.

[/b]
Gee your drawing a long bow there RT.
Listen i'm as hopefull as anyone that we've turned the corner, but i've also played a lot of QAFL state league footy where the standard isn't too bad and the players and coaching staff are def switched on. i think even for the current list its a little fanciful that they might be tuned in enough to play in 10 min bursts.
the facts are that we are stil making crap decisions with the ball when going forward and were getting hurt badly on the rebound.
Although i'm pleased with some of the young talent we have running around this year, we still have to drill the boys to make the correct decision under pressure, and either perfect or change our overpossesive game plan before we can consider ourselves a chance.

Agreed. What dawned on me was that particular gameplan just did not appear to work on the smaller Dome. No gloom and doom for me but we'll wait and see, as per normal.

To Coach and Management of the Tigers if your reading in here [[ha ha..]]

I do not know what the NAB cup actually means to the Tigers these days but a lot of fans who watched the game against Collingwood were disgusted.

Whilst it was evident that even at half tank Cousins is still a serious AFL player and will only get better..he cannot be a flag winner on his own.

He needs a team who is present and accounted for to put their heads down and play seriously, not treat it like a warmup...

For if this is the best Tigers have to offer right now..round one is a forgone conclusion even WITH Ben Cousins.

Too much is riding on his shoulders, the rest have to pull their weight.

He had support of great players at West Coast to acheive the results he did. Be serious about your team as a whole..not just Ben Cousins..some of your blokes there at the moments are seriously playing shitty.

Look back on a rewind of the match and pick them out.

I wont be buying a ticket to watch the Tigers in round one based on that shitty performance.

Heads down and work this out fellas.

Not just leaving it up to Cousins..

To coach and management of the Tigers if you're reading this, this ******** is not representative of the majority of Richmond supporters.

Cousins has played 1 game in the NAB cup, picked up 21 disposals and hasn't really had an impact and you're saying we're relying too much on him? Are you seriously that unintelligent?

I hate to think what you're going to be like when Cousins gets his shit together and dominates games. We are the Richmond football club, not the ****ing Ben Cousins football club.

To coach and management of the Tigers if you're reading this, this ******** is not representative of the majority Richmond supporters.

Cousins has played 1 game in the NAB cup, picked up 21 disposals and hasn't really had an impact and you're saying we're relying too much on him? Are you seriously that unintelligent?

****, I hate to think what you're going to be like when Cousins gets his shit together and dominates games. We are the Richmond football club, not the ****ing Ben Cousins football club.

Woosa. ;)

What are peoples thoughts on Vickery???

There are two plays that Vickery did that really impressed me.

The first one is kicking the ball dead accurate to one of our forwards who then converted it to a goal.

The other is when he dived on the ball in front of an oposition player and hand balled it out. That is what you would expect from a rover, not a Ruckman or tall forward.

It appears to me that he has the right skills and attitude. Just like any young ruckman he needs a few Pre-seasons to develop his body.

I watched the game last night with 3 mates who are all Collingwood supporters.
One of them made a really interesting comment about 5 mins into the third quarter.
He said that to him it looked like Richmond was in cruise mode and that they seemed to be playing more to keep themselves fit for the season proper and less about last night
After this comment i watched very carefully and amazingly he was spot on.
Deledio, Foley, Brown, Morton, Edwards, McMahon, Moore, and even Newman, seemed to have a dip when the ball was in their area but the followup was non existent.
The overall intesnity from the Tiges was good in the first half but it dropped of significantly in the second half.
Listening to SEN after the game I noticed that Dermie said that after half time Richmond seemed to content to let the game run its course without really exerting themselves and he thought that we had nothing to worry about at all based on that performance.
I'm inclined to agree.
It is interesting to look at the players that didnt really rip into it and you would notice that all are players that would be definate starters in our round 1 clash.
This is not saying that they did not have a go more that they worked at only about 70-80%.
If you have the chance to see the game again have a good look at Deledio Brown and Morton in particular......It really stands out in the second half.
I for one am happy to be out of the NAB cup. The further you go in that competition the more intense the games get and the more chance of players suffering serious injuries.

I think if there was any inkling of instructions to players to ease off then it would be all over the back page of the Hun ala the Paul Roos incident a while back.
Possible that some players took it upon themselves to cut back on the 1%'s though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Forget the doom and gloom!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back