My first thought was - who
And looking at that photo I'm still asking Who

why there was even a need to reference WCE is beyond me

Click bait, nothing else

The guy spent 3 years on our rookie list for 0 games

My first thought was - who
And looking at that photo I'm still asking Who

why there was even a need to reference WCE is beyond me
He plays for Werribee. I'm waiting for them to link him to "North Melbourne alleged rapist Majak Daw".

WCE will be spuwwin! They put him on the list for 2 years, didn't play a game and now the club will be getting pounded from the media over the coming days for a bloke who clogged the list.

folliwed by an article on Ben Cousins who is no doubt going to be blamed for the young "stars" downfall

The burgers might be better at Hungry Jacks , but the hamburgulars knows the payroll is better at Maccas

M1E6moF.jpg

At Werribee? Didnt think he ever got a game with the Eagles
You are correct AFL Tables - All Time Player List - West Coast No "Ben Sharp" there. All i actually remember of him was, as Spitta2Azza mentioned, seeing him in an old AFL game for the PS2 (i thought he was a bit goofy looking or something). Also recall spotting him celebrating in the change rooms after watching the 2005 Crows prelim win, but yeah he really was a "no name" player in every sense, so bringing WC & Cousins into the article reeks of sensationalist spin.

You are correct AFL Tables - All Time Player List - West Coast No "Ben Sharp" there. All i actually remember of him was, as Spitta2Azza mentioned, seeing him in an old AFL game for the PS2 (i thought he was a bit goofy looking or something). Also recall spotting him celebrating in the change rooms after watching the 2005 Crows prelim win, but yeah he really was a "no name" player in every sense, so bringing WC & Cousins into the article reeks of sensationalist spin.

lol, his only claim to 'fame' (a real stretch anyway) is the fact he was on your list, you seriously expect the media not to make mention of that fact? Some serious denial going on if you have an issue with that.

Isn't he the bloke that bailed Cousins out after his bender in Melbourne that time?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...d-me-ben-cousins/story-e6frexy0-1225953216203

I found the number of Ben Sharp, a Melbourne guy who was on our rookie list at the Eagles.

He answered! But so bad was my luck that night, Ben was in Perth on a dance floor.

"I can't hear you," he shouted. "Hang up and I'll walk outside and call you straight back."

"Don't hang up, it's my last call!"

But he hung up. The cops said: "That's it, you're in a cell."

Then Ben called and the cops answered. He told them who I was, but an argument ensued and he told them to f--- off.

"Mate," the copper said, "Every time you f---in' abuse me and carry on, I'm going to keep your mate in here for an extra hour."

So I spent the last few hours of the evening, right through into the next morning, in a cell.

Ben Sharp had arranged for his sister to pick me up. She dropped me at the house of a mate who Gardy was staying with.

I didn't have the courage to go back to our hotel and face Sam.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, his only claim to 'fame' (a real stretch anyway) is the fact he was on your list, you seriously expect the media not to make mention of that fact? Some serious denial going on if you have an issue with that.
umm i don't recall saying i had an issue with it, i was just pointing out potentially second-rate journalism. Perhaps you're in 'serious denial' about how much you hate West Coast ;):rolleyes:

umm i don't recall saying i had an issue with it, i was just pointing out potentially second-rate journalism. Perhaps you're in 'serious denial' about how much you hate West Coast ;):rolleyes:

Don't care for West Coast either way, but I can't see a problem reporting that he was a former player, generally when similar stories emerge it's common practice to mention the suspect's occupation.

Most VFL watchers would remember him as the guy from Werribee with the full length tribal tat from shoulder to wrist.

1316935_1_O.jpg

I'm sure the tat would of made him really hard to identify........

WCE will be spuwwin! They put him on the list for 2 years, didn't play a game and now the club will be getting pounded from the media over the coming days for a bloke who clogged the list.

Like Hawthorn and Richmond were over Billy Nicholls? Or North was over Callum Urch? No, those clubs were (rightly) not 'pounded' at all by the media, since their criminal charges came 5-10 years after they were finished as AFL players and obviously ha nothing to do with their AFL clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Former Eagles player found guilty of Armed Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back