Scandal Former Eagles player found guilty of Armed Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

I think close to about half a dozen. Hunter, Gardener, Cousins, Chick, Kerr and I'm sure a few others.
Club has worked really hard to change the culture and I think its shaken all the bad apples from the tree and is really healthy at the moment.
Was ****ed when the club lost its shit mid-2000's but now I think because of it we're the cleanest club going around present day.

Former West Coast Eagle guilty of armed robbery, blames descent on club drug culture

"Former West Coast Eagles footballer Ben Russell Sharp has pleaded guilty to armed robbery and drug trafficking, blaming his descent on a culture of drug abuse at the AFL club he joined as a teenager in 2004.
Sharp was approached by a senior player at a club social event and told: 'you're either in or you're out', according to Mr Kilduff.

It was a reference to drug use, and the teenager soon became a regular cocaine user, before using ice for the first time."

Former West Coast Eagles Midfielder Ben Sharp has been arrested and charged over a western suburbs armed robbery ring allegedly motivated by the drug ice, where almost $290,000 was stolen at gunpoint from an armoured vehicle.

Sharp was drafted to the Eagles in 2005 from TAC Cup side Oakleigh Chargers and was today charged and remanded in custody over the gunpoint hold-up of an unarmed security guard outside a Sunbury McDonald's on December 1.

Sharp shared a home with infamous Eagles champion Ben Cousins in 2005 when he first arrived at the club and has been close with him ever since.

Continue reading -> http://tiny.cc/bensharp

the headline of 'STAR" is using poetic licence.

its always someone else's fault.

Sharp by name, not very sharp by nature.

Needs to take responsibility for his own actions and stop blaming others. There are other players from the club who didn't descend into drug use or armed robbery like he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurn and Priddis obviously also giant meth addicts given they joined the club at the same time.

With hair like that Priddis' life after footy will either be shady orrr become the next DIY guy on Better Homes & Gardens
511a9f7a-9897-4a5b-b679-651866b73243.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Scandal Former Eagles player found guilty of Armed Robbery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back