Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakey as a forward or wing? Does no one remember how bad he was playing there before moving to half back. I know he had a stinker on Grand Final but he’s one of the best ball carriers in the league. No need to cut our nose to spite our face

I think what the Grand Final massacre showed us, is that this forward line will win sweet FA come the business end.

We desperately need a new forward line heading into round one, or we will have the exact same outcome this time next year (if we even get that far).

I would switch Blakey up forward ASAP. He played all his junior years there and yes, I get he's an AA half back, but the GF showed him up massively.

Put Mills back as a permanent defender, no midfield time at all, and sure up that shaky defence.

I would also trade Amartey/McLean and bring in a medium size forward who is actually mobile, can work up the ground and kick goals.

We have no dynamic forwards aside from Papley.

Look at Brisbane on the weekend, 78 points from their forward line to our measley 12 points from Papley/Hayward.

That makeshift forward line with Jordon/Parker needs re-jigging or we will have another disaster this time next year.

Thoughts?
Great call on Blakey. He could tear CHF apart

Remove this Banner Ad

Forward Line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back