Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

I think so.
At 15 mill starting without him is a long term commitment.

There’s so much you can do with the money you save but if you’re the type of manager that will get FOMO when he hauls in GW2 then you’re better off starting him.

No idea which way I’m going yet. It may come down to the preseason form of some of the 6-7.5 mill options.

random thought…Is Haaland instead of Salah an option?
I think it’s more Salah vs Palmer. My problem is that without Haaland I can’t spend the extra money on a way I like other than adding TAA. I might go Salah and Haaland as a point of difference and with 4 defenders at 4.0 to fit on Gvardiol.

Do we need to take account of which players were involved in the later stages of the Euros and Copa? They might be rested in week 1. Spain, England, Argentina and Colombia played on July 14. Uruguay on July 13. Netherlands July 10. France on July 9.

Do we need to take account of which players were involved in the later stages of the Euros and Copa? They might be rested in week 1. Spain, England, Argentina and Colombia played on July 14. Uruguay on July 13. Netherlands July 10. France on July 9.
I think it is worth considering, especially as Pep has said he will ease them back.

Not sure about Rodri or Ederson, think they will both start, but Foden may not.

Saka would be the one, but Arteta never rests him.

3 goals for Haaland against Chelsea overnight. He’ll be in 80% of teams by the time we start.
the only question now is can you fit in Salah too?

Really glad TBH.
It's a trap at that price, and I'm glad this will make others tear up their teams.

Really glad TBH.
It's a trap at that price, and I'm glad this will make others tear up their teams.

He looks to be in ripping form but Watkins, Palmer, Saka and Foden all outscored him last season and are much cheaper.

What are people's thought on the rule change where the maximum number of free transfers you can save has been increased from two to five? How will it change tactics?

What are people's thought on the rule change where the maximum number of free transfers you can save has been increased from two to five? How will it change tactics?
my number one goal every week is to roll the transfer and that won’t change. it almost never happens and that probably won’t change either.

being able to carry your transfers through the wildcard and FH could set up some interesting strategy opportunities but again things have to break your way.

nailing your week 1 team is probably more important than ever cause that looks like the best chance to get a few transfers in the bank.

He looks to be in ripping form but Watkins, Palmer, Saka and Foden all outscored him last season and are much cheaper.

my number one goal every week is to roll the transfer and that won’t change. it almost never happens and that probably won’t change either.

being able to carry your transfers through the wildcard and FH could set up some interesting strategy opportunities but again things have to break your way.

nailing your week 1 team is probably more important than ever cause that looks like the best chance to get a few transfers in the bank.
Well said

Potentially allows a mini WC after 3-5 GWs, when a few clubs have major swings (eg Forest go from great to ok), and/or teams are through the worst of their fixtures (eg Wolves, Brentford) where you can then build a medium term team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see what the actual numbers are.
In theory, people more keen to hold transfers hence less price changes?

On the other hand, once transfers come in clumps, more violent price changes? Ie more 0.2 ups or downs.

We don’t know the algorithm so don’t know exactly!

Easy transfer out if it goes wrong. Much harder to bring in if it goes right. Currently on Haaland and KDB as a POD.

In principle, yes. But how easy is it to transfer him out?

You are essentially doing a restructure.
You have to convince yourself he isn’t going to go huge over the next few GW. The FOMO will still be strong!

If he is injured then fair enough. But transferring him out means having at least 6m in the bank, so need to shuffle things around.

You have to convince yourself he isn’t going to go huge over the next few GW. The FOMO will still be strong!

If he is injured then fair enough. But transferring him out means having at least 6m in the bank, so need to shuffle things around.
Yep need to give it a month of no transfers. 🤯😎

Haaland a must have now with Alvarez goneski, rawdogging a flight and that Chelsea Hatty ?

I've experimented with squads with or without Haaland. My no-Haaland team got about 300 more points last season. Even if he goes huge, say 40 points over Watkins, Foden, Palmer, Salah etc, I think you get a better total points with the rest of your squad.

I've experimented with squads with or without Haaland. My no-Haaland team got about 300 more points last season. Even if he goes huge, say 40 points over Watkins, Foden, Palmer, Salah etc, I think you get a better total points with the rest of your squad.

I’m guessing one of the benefits of Haaland is he’s set and forget as Captain so easier for those who put in less effort.

Yup
Even if you double that as perma captain you are still ahead

I'm happy avoiding Arsenal until after GW5. In a perfect world I bank up some transfers and can just bring in a Saka/Gabriel at that point.

Starting to get into planning a bit more now. The PlanetFPL correspondent week is great value to get some insights into specific teams.

The great thing about the pricing this year is how many options there are. Should avoid template teams for quite some time.

From a quick look at some podcasts there still seems a reasonably strong template. Just depends on Salah v Haaland v Both in terms of which template you follow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back