Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Who are people leaning toward for keeper? I've got Pickford. Had him at the start of last season, Everton were junk, he was junk, got rid of him and then he dominated. Not sure if I will keep him as of yet, but not sure who I'd get as an alternative.
I had Pope and then changed to Pickford yesterday to fit Hall into defense amongst a bit of a reshuffle to facilitate a Gvardiol > Nkunku swap. Valdimarsson as my back up.

Nothing set in stone for me as yet though.

I prefer Pope but think Isak, Gordon & Hall are more important for my setup.

Edit: now on Raya :laughv1:

Last edited:
trying to find 0.5 for Solanke. I have 2 ways to get it done but I’m not all that happy with either.
Don't think he's a rush to get.

Sounds like Solanke in line to start after all. Reasonably settled on my side now I think. Have ditched TAA as I want to see how Pool go under Slot defensively. Stuck on who I'd start out of Mykolenko or Barco, but outside of this week I have Robinson and Mykolenko to rotate in my third defensive spot with Gvardiol and Porro as the main options.

Am setting up my team and have a couple of thoughts

I'm thinking that the bench player on each line should be a cheapie who might not score that well but will play every week barring injury. To maximise on field scoring?

Also is it worth keeping a bit of ÂŁ in the bank so my first trade can be a minor upgrade? Rather than having zero ÂŁ left?

Am setting up my team and have a couple of thoughts

I'm thinking that the bench player on each line should be a cheapie who might not score that well but will play every week barring injury. To maximise on field scoring?

Also is it worth keeping a bit of ÂŁ in the bank so my first trade can be a minor upgrade? Rather than having zero ÂŁ left?
I think it’s handy to have 0.5 in the bank. That way even if you miss price changes on a sideways move you can still get it done.
That said, I don’t think it’s worth sacrificing a player you want just for the sake of money in the bank…if it’s a choice between Eze and a 6.5 mid or Gvardiol and a 5.5 def I’m taking the better player every time.

a start and 45 minutes for Joao Pedro overnight. Is that enough?
Brighton have had a good preseason and if he’s ready then I want him.

I just find it hard to get excited about him or Muniz when there's pricier but more reliably forward options.

I just find it hard to get excited about him or Muniz when there's pricier but more reliably forward options.
I’ve got Wood in that spot but he’s not on pens and I doubt he’ll be a 90 minute man.
I don’t really have money to go to anyone better. It’s going to cost me 1.5 to make a worthwhile upgrade.

the other option is to go down to a 4.5 and move the money into midfield.

I’ve got Wood in that spot but he’s not on pens and I doubt he’ll be a 90 minute man.
I don’t really have money to go to anyone better. It’s going to cost me 1.5 to make a worthwhile upgrade.

the other option is to go down to a 4.5 and move the money into midfield.

I assume you've got Trent? Might end up money better spent going that way, I'm banking on value defenders doing ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume you've got Trent? Might end up money better spent going that way, I'm banking on value defenders doing ok.
yeah, Trent and no Gvardiol so easy enough to grab a million there but I really fancy Trent and Liverpool’s fixtures despite the uncertainty of a new manager.

yeah, Trent and no Gvardiol so easy enough to grab a million there but I really fancy Trent and Liverpool’s fixtures despite the uncertainty of a new manager.

Yeah I'm basically hoping on no attacking returns. Just can't squeeze him in. Now that it looks like Solanke will start for Spurs hard to resist him up top.

This is my draft at the moment:

Screenshot 2024-08-11 at 1.08.19 pm.png

Yeah I'm basically hoping on no attacking returns. Just can't squeeze him in. Now that it looks like Solanke will start for Spurs hard to resist him up top.

This is my draft at the moment:

View attachment 2075583
looks great…making me second guess a few things.

looks great…making me second guess a few things.

I do think this year more than most there's a lot of great/valid team set ups which is great. Every time I see someone else's draft I second guess too. :tearsofjoy: No TAA/Saka scares me a little but you can't have everyone.

I'm toying with a No Salah / Haaland & Saka setup for the season start.
What could go wrong...

No Salah warming for me with Jota's prospects but feels like the ultimate overthink.

Could just as easily see Haaland and Salah blank and have 28m wasted..

No Salah warming for me with Jota's prospects but feels like the ultimate overthink.

Could just as easily see Haaland and Salah blank and have 28m wasted..
Both could brace too! I'm just going to have some fun with it and play a bit left of centre.
1723434666255.png

I'm toying with a No Salah / Haaland & Saka setup for the season start.
What could go wrong...
captaincy the main issue for me. there’s an obvious pick for GW1 but after that it gets harder.
it’s so much easier when it’s (almost) set and forget.

not only that but looking at your team you’ve got benching headaches in attack and defence every week.
it’s almost too strong :drunk:

captaincy the main issue for me. there’s an obvious pick for GW1 but after that it gets harder.
it’s so much easier when it’s (almost) set and forget.

not only that but looking at your team you’ve got benching headaches in attack and defence every week.
it’s almost too strong :drunk:
Wildcard GW2 probably

I’ve toyed with downgrading Mo.
It’s either a super premo and 2 cheapies or a premium and 2 mid tiers or 2 premiums and a cheapie.

I think I prefer Mo
Try sitting on a no Haaland & Salah draft!
Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

Remove this Banner Ad

Games FPL 24/25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back