Fremantle agreement

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were building something in 2010, hit hard by injuries last year and it seems Ross Lyon has almost started from scratch with the new game plan and such. If they finish in the top 4 anytime soon, they we might be able to build them up for the next season.

Hence the 10-20 answers on the 'Are Freo are top 4 threat' thread which were just the word no.

They're like the hottest girl at a club - you feel good about them each time, and every time they make you look bad. In front of your mates. And the rest of the club.

Hypothetically.

Mark Harvey built a team up that he could coach to a flag.

Lyon is trying to adapt it to his game style ... its not working.

Hopefully Harvey is given the rebuilding job at the Lions when Voss is sacked. Harvey went through a long apprenticeship under Sheedy, while Voss played football and was given it because he was liked.

A good player is not necessarily a good coach.

Can we, as a big footy community, learn our lesson and never talk up Freo as a top 4, let alone top 8 chance ever again until they have at least made the finals once from now?

Common sense approach. Do we agree? I am deadly serious too.

Beat your mob.

I never talked Freo up in the first place.

I had serious misgivings when we got Lyon as a coach. I wasn't a big fan of Harvey, but I certainly didn't want Lyon.

Freo have consigned themselves to probably another 10 years of shit.

Every year on paper their best 22 looks top 4 yet every year they never even come close. If all their players played like we know they could they would be close to unstoppable. Only Melbourne are worse than them as a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you'll find the pro-Freo-top 4 talk comes mostly from other clubs supporters. Think they feel sorry for us.

Myself, I'll believe it when I see it.

Shock, horror!!! Mostly Wet Toast fans kicking the boot into Freo. Some things just never do change. They are like the vultures of the AFL. Little man syndrome (adequatey negates the need to stoop to such lows).

Pretty sure that's Freo fans. Only a couple of seasons ago worked out there's 14 other teams besides West Coast.

This thread is a pretty good display of the WC inferiority complex, you guys will swarm en masse to any Freo related thread and usually embarrass yourselves thoroughly in the process.

Worst fans in the league.

Not everyone is a genius, we can't all have brilliant pre season predictions like this:

Both WA clubs are likely to finish in the top 8 IMO. I think we'll finish above Freo, but I'd have both of us in the 5-8 range. From looking at the squads of both teams I think our side looks slightly more balanced, especially up forward. Freo stronger in the centre if they can get everyone on the park.

Will be interesting to see how Ross Lyon changes things. He should play Pavlich as a full time forward, relieve some of the pressure on Mayne who can then play his best role as a third tall, locking the ball into the forward 50. Sandilands, Mundy, Barlow, Hill, Morabito, Lower, de Boer, Fyfe, and possibly Suban and Ballantyne at times should be a strong enough midfield without Pav playing through there.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back