Preview Fremantle Vs Richmond RD 17 at Optus - Battle of the Sydney slayers

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh. Can we not melt if Sturt gets subbed for Walters?

Considering he nearly didn't play last week with that knee and a small rest may be in order.
I think the only reason Sturt would be subbed for Walters would be to preserve him for the Hawks game

the biggest concern is how often subs have had to be activated by teams so early at Optus this season - thank goodness the sun has been out for most of the week!

Nice preview, good job.

My own memory of Freo -v- Richmond, back when Richmond were a decent club and not arrogant tossers:

Also a reminder they are the club we debuted against in 1995:

Any news on how the Optus surface is looking?

BOM has updated with a good chance of rain during the game, and potentially not an insignificant amount.

View attachment 2039811
Nothing's ever a certainty, and as being a Freo supporter from day dot, i know never to 100% bank on the boys, but as much as this game tonight should be a "W" i think the only thing that can defeat us is the weather.

Will be very interesting to see how we play in these conditions as we havent had a wet game all season, and in previous seasons our game has turned to crap in the wet.

Richmond will be loving the forecast and see it as a real opportunity for them.

I worry our tall timber up forward could struggle in the wet, having said that, Treacy seems the sort of KPF who is born for wet weather footy.

interesting game ahead. we should still win but i dont think it will be as easy as we'd like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big win the previous week, positive media all week, playing a team we are expected to easily beat but its likely to be the first wet game all year, yikes has the making of something very dockery. The Optus surface might as well have banana peels all over it.

It’s time to put our growth and development on display by winning this one tonight. It’s the type of game we have often dropped in the past.

If we’re serious about taking the next step, it simply needs to be a W tonight - whether it be in rain, wind or on a muddy track.

The Bulldogs loss was partly attributable to the bye and hot form of the opposition. The game tonight is the football equivalent of a juicy half volley outside off stump to a batsman with his eye in - it simply needs to be dispatched to the boundary.

Last edited:
Saw the forecast, thought about my decision to watch the game live - and went and bought a ticket anyway.

I don’t care if we don’t win big, I just want to win.

As I said, I want to believe. But until they can show me Positive Press + Rain does not equal disaster, I am going to be biting my nails all the way to final siren.

Addit: doesn’t the rain come at 8pm? If we get out of the blocks like we did last week, we can put a gap on before the rain comes that will hopefully be unassailable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back