Preview Fremantle vs Sydney - 6:10pm, Saturday, 20 July, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope that result doesn’t paper over the cracks.
66% disposal efficiency. For those not good at maths, every third possession missed its target.
A one point win is a win and my 7 year old will be happy.
Heave ho.

Good tough win that! I defiantly feel for your supporters and all these close scoring typical Lyon shootout games! Take the win and move on to next week!
Good luck 👍
It’s weird. Longmire didn’t want to open up the game neither did Freo. Hence no room nor game plan forward in both teams. One canceled out the other.
Plus it was wet, skills were deplorable and both teams not their best

Brett Rosebury has been a closet Freo hater for a while. At least it’s all out in the open now.
Wasn’t he the flogg that awarded like 30 free kicks to the dogs and like 3 to Adelaide?... on top of patting bulldogs players on the arse during the game?

Pretty sure he’s absolutely screwed us over down at Geelong a couple times as well

Not just freo but all non Victorian sides... when playing Victorian teams

Wasn’t he the flogg that awarded like 30 free kicks to the dogs and like 3 to Adelaide?... on top of patting bulldogs players on the arse during the game?

Pretty sure he’s absolutely screwed us over down at Geelong a couple times as well

Not just freo but all non Victorian sides... when playing Victorian teams

No, he’s a West Coast supporter.

Gotta love how we win and you guys are still finding a way to complain about the umpires. Are you ****ing serious? We were lucky we didn't give up HTB in that last 30 seconds there. Just shut up and enjoy the damn win

Ethan Hughes gets lucky not to get HTB late on.. FMD. Panics under the slightest pressure
We were lucky we didn't give up HTB in that last 30 seconds there.
💯 %
Would’ve likely cost us another game had the ump (rightfully) paid that
I just can’t fathom him in our B22 going forward ever.

Rosrbury the flogg screwed us no question but if you were a swans fan you’d be dirty with that non call

💯 %

Rosrbury the flogg screwed us no question but if you were a swans fan you’d be dirty with that non call

Plenty of wrong calls that went their way. If the Walters head high was paid game over .

At least Hughes usually does a few epic good/hard/tough things. He really has a crack and isn't afraid of taking the game on. We need more of that, not less.
Sure he blows it at times but hopefully with time and experience he does less of the bad stuff.

A guy with his attributes isn't to be just written off. He has more athleticism and ability to read the play than a lot of the players on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

💯 %

Steady on. Felt Hughes did everything and more. He handballs that out, spills it, then Sydney surge forward. In the end it wasn’t. He got 16 disposals and 8 marks. Not his worse. He does uses his body well, and in the right places.

No idea what the hell the 50 metre penalty was for, there was no mark but stopped play then gifted Sydney a goal in front? What..

Is there anything wrong with Blakely? He was benched from bounce down, spent a lot of time on the bench during the game.

At least Hughes usually does a few epic good/hard/tough things. He really has a crack and isn't afraid of taking the game on. We need more of that, not less.
Sure he blows it at times but hopefully with time and experience he does less of the bad stuff.

A guy with his attributes isn't to be just written off. He has more athleticism and ability to read the play than a lot of the players on our list.
This is the same shit argument that was presented before we made the GF. People wanted guys who cracked in. This is a game of skill, not of cracking in.

Ok just finished watching the last half.

- Dockers are definitely trying to give us a heart attack this season
- Brayshaw is gonna be a great player. Big fan of his.
- Mundy needed to step up in the absence of Fyfe and I think he did
- Still not sure about having three ruckmen in the team but Sandi really stood tall (heh) in the last ten minutes
- Logue did some good things. Hamling was immense.
- We looked more dangerous when Blakely was in the centre. Who woulda thunk it?
- Was Wilson even playing? He’s taking a huge step backwards this year.

Other notes:
- Blakey really does have the strangest body shape I’ve ever seen
- Do our players practice falling over because holy hell they are good at it

It’s weird. Longmire didn’t want to open up the game neither did Freo. Hence no room nor game plan forward in both teams. One canceled out the other.
Plus it was wet, skills were deplorable and both teams not their best
Just a game of who could outlast the other and tough it out, never looks good but somewhere down the line the players will be in another tough close game and will have the experience of grinding out the win, was gripping as a neutral! The way the crows are going atm that 8th spot is defiantly up for grabs.
Enjoy the win

Takes the game on? In what sense??

I’ll agree he hits the contest hard is reasonably safe and plays his part BUT he doesn’t take the game on. He shits his dacks at the thought of playing on or taking the game on. He took a mark in his D50 and had 30m of space in front of him. Rather than tuck it under his arm, run and draw a player he chipped it 30m to a 1v1 which saw the ball spill. These types of decisions are poor. Against Carlton he was shocking and always passed backwards. He is the very definition of someone who doesn’t take the game on.

Was absolutely dead HTB in that last passage and he 100% had guys free to handball too. Was incredibly lucky.

Go watch Badminton if you want that..
Please. What a terrible argument. You know who cracks in? People in A grade amateur.. doesn't mean they are worthy of a spot on an AFL list. It's a facetious argument and one that is used every time someone shit does something stupid, but people like him for no known reason.

Takes the game on? In what sense??

I’ll agree he hits the contest hard is reasonably safe and plays his part BUT he doesn’t take the game on. He s**ts his dacks at the thought of playing on or taking the game on. He took a mark in his D50 and had 30m of space in front of him. Rather than tuck it under his arm, run and draw a player he chipped it 30m to a 1v1 which saw the ball spill. These types of decisions are poor. Against Carlton he was shocking and always passed backwards. He is the very definition of someone who doesn’t take the game on.

Was absolutely dead HTB in that last passage and he 100% had guys free to handball too. Was incredibly lucky.
His idea of taking it on is kicking 20 metres backwards just so he doesn't turn it over. He makes Zac Dawson look like Steven Silvagni.

Ok just finished watching the last half.

- Dockers are definitely trying to give us a heart attack this season
- Brayshaw is gonna be a great player. Big fan of his.
- Mundy needed to step up in the absence of Fyfe and I think he did
- Still not sure about having three ruckmen in the team but Sandi really stood tall (heh) in the last ten minutes
- Logue did some good things. Hamling was immense.
- We looked more dangerous when Blakely was in the centre. Who woulda thunk it?
- Was Wilson even playing? He’s taking a huge step backwards this year.

Other notes:
- Blakey really does have the strangest body shape I’ve ever seen
- Do our players practice falling over because holy hell they are good at it
Thought Wilson was good. He had that terrible kick but at the game you could see he was trying launch a long kick to Sandi’s advantage. It was a kick outside his range prob especially with the lumbering giant in 2nd gear.

Wilson made some great spoils and tackles at least that was how I saw it. This season he had a bad start then worked himself into some form around round 5 or 6. Has been deplorable the last month prob coinciding with that late night king hit but worked his way back into some form for mine tonight.

I feel Ross in his presser last week made mention some of the backline are out of form and need to get back into gear. I suspect Wilson was one he referred to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Fremantle vs Sydney - 6:10pm, Saturday, 20 July, Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back