Toast Fremantle's 4th 2016 National Draft Pick: Luke Ryan (2020 All Australian)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hardly surprising*. He's slow and not above average at ground balls. His marking is based on getting a run and jump at the ball, something good defenders shouldn't let you do if you're playing as a forward as they should be ready for it (same reason fatty McGovern is a crap forward).

I love Fyfe forward as a midfielder exploiting a mismatch. As semi or permanent forward he is wasted. Maybe once he's 33 or something and can lose some weight in a preseason so he can run and turn, but not before.

*This not hindsight hero stuff btw. I was saying it years ago.
Fyfe's a great contested mark and plenty of forwards also rely on running leaps, which Fyfe doesn't have to solely rely on. Hard to judge his work this year given the lack of supply. But at the end of the day, he's still more value in the midfield.

Another reason Luke Ryan has been a lock, it's widely known our defense has been arguably the best in the league depending on the metric you go off and no other player in that back 6 has even had a mention bar Cox. The people in the committee have all mentioned our depleted defense repeatedly and mentioned Ryan repeatedly.

Ryan is an absolute lock, I will hail Bradesman as the greatest football academic the world has ever seen if I am wrong

It's interesting that all of this media is coming out about 'good stories' in the AFL 40 man squad such as tabs after years of injuries, butler after being cut from richmond, liam ryan from the wafl etc etc. but no one is mentioning Ryan as a good story with what he has been able to do as a mature ager.
This article literally mentions 16 people including a number 1 draft pick but nothing on Ryan :flushed: https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/the-feel-good-stories-of-the-all-australian-40/

It's interesting that all of this media is coming out about 'good stories' in the AFL 40 man squad such as tabs after years of injuries, butler after being cut from richmond, liam ryan from the wafl etc etc. but no one is mentioning Ryan as a good story with what he has been able to do as a mature ager.
This article literally mentions 16 people including a number 1 draft pick but nothing on Ryan :flushed: https://www.theinnersanctum.com.au/the-feel-good-stories-of-the-all-australian-40/
"Have you got Ryan in there?"
"Yep"
"Ok hit the publish button"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He made it. Congrats Luke
boWH5Jh.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back