Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm obviously not a Reid fan but he seemed quite respectful and spent a lot of time chatting away with Freddy and Dogga after the match.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'd hardly be the first player to get white line fever, doesn't mean he's a terrible bloke off the field.

Reid looks the goods, but he still still needs to learn to pull it in, but it is his first season.
He faded in the second half unsurprisingly, while Serong and Brayshaw took over.

How good was Walker's game tonight? He was weaving through traffic, bursting from the contest and won his own ball. Finished with 19 disposals, 6 I50s and 400m gained.
I was hoping someone would mention him. Thought that was his best game this year and maybe in his career to date. Also great to beat the scum after they rested players and had milestone games for Barrass and Waterman.

Yea I don’t like Harley as much as the next freo supporter and genuinely believe he certainly needs to embrace some humility (will no doubt come with age) but we forget he’s only 19 and it’s that that makes his talent all the more remarkable.
Remember , like Nic Nat ,he doesn’t ask to be a west Australian/ch 7 meme.

Was actually quite impressed by his sportsmanship at the end of the game .
Got across to most of our players and did it all with a smile on his face , think he just genuinely enjoys the competitiveness/gamesmanship of it all.

*Unfortunately (if he stays here) he’s definitely going to have the last laugh on us a few more times going fwd

*in which case I reserve the right to fully rag on him unhinged again!

Guys I know I keep harping on. But I need that JL gif. Need
Jennifer Lopez GIF by Global Citizen

Aish came onto the field and chucked straight into the heat of a centre clearance. He then got pushed aside by Tim Kelly for an Eagles Goal. When Aish was moved outside to the Wing he looked good and collected 9 possessions in half a quarter. I thought he did well apart from first clearance where Kelly pushed him aside.

Chapman whilst average did quite well in the last quarter. He needs to simplify things more.

Next week could be an opportunity to manage Fyfe. Bring in Johnson. Perhaps a rotation on sub with Aish to play HBF or Wing.
Yeah I was screaming before that centre square ball up that Aish had to swap with Jom. As you said within seconds Aish is out bodied and they get a goal. Credit to JL and the coaches the immediate next centre bounce this was done.

I’d love to have Reid at Freo. He does come across as an arrogant little ***, but… he is actually a bloody good player. Imagine how he’d go in our midfield!
Yeh for sure any team would kill for him. First year player and already a star. Yeh he plays up a bit but footy needs characters like that. Freo fans can’t talk we’ve had our fair share of players that have acted like tools but we loved them because they played for Freo.

Reid was quite crap, I was blown away to find out he had 29 possessions and 10 clearances. I was at the match and thought he’d had 10-15 touches and 5 turnovers. His possessions were highly ineffective. He had numerous opportunities to give quick hands and chose to go the don’t argue, exited the clearance side ways instead of forward,
very very selfish player.

Brayshaw is somehow underrated, his tackling and contested ball winning ability was enormous. Serong is so clean, but Brayshaw does Brayshaw things. His last few weeks are returning to 2022 afl MVP.

We’re so lucky to have such a star studded youth.

I’m not a fan how cockiness has become synonymous with personality in AFL discourse these days. Every time there’s a player that thinks he’s gods gift to Earth there’s always talk that “this is good for the game, we need more players with personality.’

Because apparently any player with an ounce of humility lacks personality.

Absolute garbage sorry, he did a few media focused little snaps, none of it was genuine and the bloke is a total shitbag.
Reid is scum, never shows any true respect to anyone, legitamtely reckons he has already won a Brownlow, and has multiple off field issues already as not even a 24 year old.

Reid lives for himself, always has and shows nothing but derision and deliberate soft off the ball hits and whinges when he doesn't get his way. He's scum morally, could win 27 Brownlows and will still be the same morally repugnant scum he was at victorian school level.
Pop Corn GIF by WWE

I’m not a fan how cockiness has become synonymous with personality in AFL discourse these days. Every time there’s a player that thinks he’s gods gift to Earth there’s always talk that “this is good for the game, we need more players with personality.’

Because apparently any player with an ounce of humility lacks personality.
Yeah I agree with you, but Harley isn't our problem. I didn't care about him just getting into the top 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid instigates contact off the ball and performs a lot of sniper acts. He comes to contests late and barrels into players backs who are off the contest. Nothing is called. He needs a laying out or ten.

Schofield was embarrassing with his giggling and cheerleading of Reid. It was a horrible look.

Nice break before the next one - we should win next week and put a gap between us and the bottom part of the eight.

Yeah I agree with you, but Harley isn't our problem. I didn't care about him just getting into the top 4.
No, but it is fun when those players get humbled. I just don’t think you can have both things at the same time. If you wanna talk yourself up and give it to the oppo then you need to be prepared for the backlash you’ll get. Ballantyne was like that, but I don’t think anyone was as upset as eagles fans were tonight when oppo fans booed him.

Same with Ginnivan. If you dish it out you’ve got to take it.

Come on guys. Reid is abit of flog. No one was booing him because he is on the cover of the West every week lol we were booing him because incase ya’ll haven’t forgotten he was a massive flog the last time we played them. Gets numerous bullshit free kicks and is a knee dropper. He’s gonna be good yeah. But we won’t have to worry as he won’t be at West Coast in acouple of years and they will be booing him too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was not prepared for how much the Eagles and their supporters wanted to win this game - it was truly their grand final.

They really lifted to a level I haven't seen all season and there was a surprisingly large Eagles contingent in the crowd - the first quarter had all the hallmarks of being a repeat of the earlier derby. They have the capacity to bully their opponents and take a mean contested grab, and they have some talented players. They clearly don't like us as much as we don't like them as they prepped themselves to throw the kitchen sink at us.

It really is a mental game for us, I actually think playing in front of a packed crowd spooked some of the players initially, and there's clearly an issue mentally when we play teams we are expected to smash.

We recovered well, Serong was scintillating, O'Meara had a underrated game, the middle run-through game is becoming a bit of an art-form for us. Jackson can't clunk a mark at the moment but I believe it will change.

How's Sturt with a few hit tackles? I really hope he levels up again soon his roof may be higher than we think. Sharp is absolutely elite, makes things happen every time he has the ball.

Was hoping we'd be 2nd place right but quite frankly we could've dropped that match and we ripped it from their hands. I'm quietly confident we are going to pick Essendon apart next week and win by more than we did tonight.

Come on guys. Reid is abit of flog. No one was booing him because he is on the cover of the West every week lol we were booing him because incase ya’ll haven’t forgotten he was a massive flog the last time we played them. Gets numerous bullshit free kicks and is a knee dropper. He’s gonna be good yeah. But we won’t have to worry as he won’t be at West Coast in acouple of years and they will be booing him too.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Knee dropper, throat grabber and late hitter. As well as pushing players in the back who are standing off the play, but into traffic.

F*ck that was the most fun I’ve had being a derby in absolutely ages…please let this spite/nastiness between the teams (not over the top obviously) be the norm, because it really fires up the crowd and makes for an electric atmosphere…

Got to be one of the most memorable derbies in recent memory. Absolutely electric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Freo burn the dirty birds by 35 points in Derby LIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back