Game Day Freo v Bombers - Round 6 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like this game might be close and a really entertaining one, maybe similar to the game against Port.

Tried to get 2 tickets for the wife and I to the game, didn't think it would be so difficult, single tickets only - I miss being a member!

Single tickets only? Who goes to the footy by themselves?

The bloke sitting next to me. Has one membership seat, comes every game all alone. Chats a bit to me and the people on the other side. For a short while I wondered if he might be coulda, as he has some off the wall ideas and told me he'd been down to watch training a few times. I asked him if he ever posted on BF, but apparently not.

Its grand final day at the MCG and a reporter is looking around at the huge crowd...every seat is full. Just then he spots an old man sitting with a vacant seat next to him, the only spare seat at the ground. He thinks "well, thats a bit strange", so walks over. Says to the old man "how come there is a vacant seat next to you, when all the other seats are taken?". The old bloke says "well, this would have been my wifes seat...we have been to every grand final together since 1955, but she passed away recently." "oh I am so sorry" says the reporter, "but surely you could have found someone else to come with you today?".
"I tried", replied the old man..."But they all went to her funeral" :)

Last edited:
Did it a fair bit when I first moved to Melbourne. Why would I give up watching my team play just because I knew no one else that barracks for Freo in this city?? (I know heaps now because our cheer squad is amazing)

Did it a fair bit when I first moved to Melbourne. Why would I give up watching my team play just because I knew no one else that barracks for Freo in this city?? (I know heaps now because our cheer squad is amazing)
I've gone on my own out of town too. But, selling single tickets only in Perth to a dockers game? Most people go in groups so it seems silly to sell single tickets only.

I've gone on my own out of town too. But, selling single tickets only in Perth to a dockers game? Most people go in groups so it seems silly to sell single tickets only.

They don't do it on purpose! It means there's only one seat left in any particular row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah whenever me and the missus are in Melbourne I go to every game possible on my Pat Malone. Besides the Freo game, I generally go to whatever games are on, she goes shopping.

win-win :D

Some pretty pacey players in the Bombers side today, Colyer in particular will trouble us IMO. Fair bit of experience out should Sandi be a late out with McPharlin already missing, reckon we'll get up by 3-4 goals regardless.
Agree. I think this could be more of a danger game than we expect. There could be some late withdrawals, in hindsight at training there was a few off from the main group (Sandi, Hill, Pav) who could be late outs with all our emergencies held over. Wouldn't be surprised to see one or more pulled at the last minute. That would leave us fairly vulnerable for an ambush IMO. Hopefully it was more of a training loads thing and maybe the emergencies are just that.

Have you heard something about 211?

Some pretty pacey players in the Bombers side today, Colyer in particular will trouble us IMO. Fair bit of experience out should Sandi be a late out with McPharlin already missing, reckon we'll get up by 3-4 goals regardless.

Have you heard something on Sandi ? Or just because griff is emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back