Game Day Freo v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having issues with NBN in Melbourne? My internet provider tells me it is down in some parts.

How am I meant to watch the match? šŸ˜­

Yes his marking is the key to our forward line, but while our midfield is thin, I would LOVE to see Naughton take a few midfield rotations. Heā€™s a vicious tackler with solid leg speed, weā€™ve got a tall lineup, Iā€™d love to see his body in there destroying people.

letā€™s say in this game youā€™d swing Cordy forward, have English forward with Bruce so plenty of marking power still and youā€™d still have Gardy and Keath as two pillars down back

Yes his marking is the key to our forward line, but while our midfield is thin, I would LOVE to see Naughton take a few midfield rotations. Heā€™s a vicious tackler with solid leg speed, weā€™ve got a tall lineup, Iā€™d love to see his body in there destroying people.

letā€™s say in this game youā€™d swing Cordy forward, have English forward with Bruce so plenty of marking power still and youā€™d still have Gardy and Keath as two pillars down back
Cannot kick though and his awareness isn't great on the run. The amount of times he's made the snap decision to play on and either been tackled or been heavily pressured to dispose of it poorly is way too often for me to entertain the idea of him running through the middle. Yes he is ferocious but his kicking will be a liability.

Would expect a comfortable 4 goal win. Interesting if Martinā€™s inclusion makes much difference to clearances. Will be watching Gardener and Scott closely. Did not rate Ryanā€™s VFL game a few weeks back and his back in. Would love to see him take a couple of contested marks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To start with a positive, at least we're not playing on a Friday night as we did against Richmond & Melbourne. Maybe we just don't like large rating games. Given this is likely to be the reverse, put us down for a commendable 34 point interstate win.

You can only win one premiership playing Cordy forward. It doesnā€™t work the second time.

Why would we not win are 9/2 for a reason. Losing only to the top team and last years premiers. We have beaten GWS and Port on the road both better teams than Freo. Yes we have a few injuries at present but we have good depth.
The injuries are not as big a factor as having to train in Sydney all week and fly in one day before the game while the opposition has completely uninterrupted prep.

6:40pm on a Sunday...

Iā€™m nearly in bed by then

God I hate that Perth time slot. You wait all wknd for the footy, get the hopes up weā€™re a chance of sneaking a win. Youā€™re even prepared to put up with Gerard Healey waxing lyrical for 3 hours over the Perth side. Only then for the home side to kick ten in the first quarter.

Maybe today will be different...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back