Game Day Freo v North at Optus Gameday thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It can be spun many ways.

Darcy is arguably one of the best rucks in the league replacing Meek
Then three picks inside the top ten and top 15 pick Heath Chapman. Chapman and Young have been in the top three impacting players for Freo in a few games when they actually played this season, but Young will definitely turn the ball over in a way that North scores from.

The way North win this is will elite ball use from that second kick out of defense, if the ball is being turned over forward half North are in trouble, but if that kick from half back is elite the whole ground will open up and I don't think our outside running speed is there this week.
Well that's us ****ed then.

I wasn't trolling, I swear. Freo are missing a lot of our forward pressure this week and Acres runs so much of that extra guy in defense to relieve pressure that I'm not sure if the replacement is capable of that workload.

So our scoring from turnovers on our halfback line is going to be blunted significantly. Our mids both score between 20 and 30% of clearances so neither is particularly strong there.

If Freo can't score on turnover we lose this game.
I don't think there's a relationship between turnovers from our defense and oppo forward pressure.

They're more of a universal constant.

Mate, mate, mate.

We're all North tragics on here.

But our team contemplating beating anyone with our "elite ball use" is like me deciding I'll beat Floyd Mayweather with my lightning reflexes.
Or Oscar Wilde with your sparkling wit.

Or Oscar Wilde with your sparkling wit.

I do like the idea of Noble calling the boys in 10 minutes before running out.

"Ok boys forget tactics, forget all our set plays. Just play beautiful football and let your skills do the talking for you".

I do like the idea of Noble calling the boys in 10 minutes before running out.

"Ok boys forget tactics, forget all our set plays. Just play beautiful football and let your skills do the talking for you".
That would be great.

Can you imagine if Brad Scott had done that?

Me neither.

840 start can FRO. This is Victorias game you clowns. 640 start in WA? Don’t play Friday night games then. Be ******* 11:15 before the final siren. The fu** is that? fu** off Gil..

… i’ll be ******* blind by then! What a joke
True, but being 5 goals down by 1.30pm, stone cold sober, is worse.

Tbh they should start it later…

How are all you tragic watching the game? Do you have an online chat board to stay in touch with all the "OMGs" and "come on north, not 7 goals down in the first!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

840 start can FRO. This is Victorias game you clowns. 640 start in WA? Don’t play Friday night games then. Be ******* 11:15 before the final siren. The fu** is that? fu** off Gil..

… i’ll be ******* blind by then! What a joke
Don't worry. Will be game over by half time!

Thanks Kanga for your interpretation of my tongue in cheek joke.
love & hip hop lhhmia GIF by VH1

Finally. My first game in a couple of years. Taking the Mrs and the 5yo along. Already cracked a beer as beer prices at Optus are up their with real estate.
Good plan. Sink 6 or 8 before you go, but quickly enough that you can get in the gates before the beers kick in too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back