From Now On Nick Daicos Will Be Known As Nick Duckos

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

I think he should be known as Nick Fakeos rather than Nick Duckos personally.

I don't get why trying to draw a free is only a major issue when a pies player does it. Mfs acting like Ginnivan invented the Selwood Shrug and like Naicos has used it on every possession he's had.

If you wanna go after the young GOAT then I suggest demanding that he be fined for littering. He just dropped it on the ground, disgraceful. It's probably stuck in a turtle's nose right now.

76006401-0-image-a-90_1696053126928.jpg

I don't get why trying to draw a free is only a major issue when a pies player does it. Mfs acting like Ginnivan invented the Selwood Shrug and like Naicos has used it on every possession he's had.

If you wanna go after the young GOAT then I suggest demanding that he be fined for littering. He just dropped it on the ground, disgraceful. It's probably stuck in a turtle's nose right now.

View attachment 1819856

He would have won the NS with an average performance if he ran over to put in in a recycling bin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Australia and New Zealand, tall poppy syndrome is a term that refers to successful people being criticised. This occurs when their peers believe they are too successful, or are bragging about their success. Intense scrutiny and criticism of such a person is termed as "Cutting down the tall poppy".
It derives from an episode in Roman "history" (Livy I think) which, typically, was lifted holus bolus from Herodotus.

The original story is Periander of Corinth had made himself tyrant of that city, and knew he needed advice about holding onto power. He sent a message to Thrasybulus of Miletos (another successful tyrant who had lived into old age) to this effect. Thrasybulus listened to the messenger but instead of giving an answer he chatted about this and that as they wandered through a cornfield. Every step he took the tallest ear of wheat and crushed it. The messenger returned with no spoken answer but Periander understood the message. He knocked over the wealthy families and individuals in his city one at a time.

In Livy's cribbed version its Sextus ("false Sextus, who wrought the deed of shame" son of Tarquin the Proud) asking his dad what to do with a minor Latin city he had become tyrant of, and Tarquin demonstrates on a garden full of poppies.

We see old mates like Vladimir Putin, Henry VII and VIII, Octavian, and others using this tactic. It keeps the purse full, and people are reticent about sticking their heads up.

These "Gentlemen it is with great pleasure we inform you..." announcements about nicknames are as fake as a politicians smile. I remember when Channel 7 decided Duck was going to be called "King" Carey and they had a voice over to prove it. Faceless keyboard twerps don't get to create nicknames. The players do.

Kid. Bunghole. Pants. Duck. Plugger. God. Learn their real names, not the fake weetbix versions.

Remove this Banner Ad

From Now On Nick Daicos Will Be Known As Nick Duckos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back