Funniest Moment On A Football Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at a joint training session with the riddell umpires down at Bacchus marsh and being a goal umpire I was with all the goalies out there. Anyway to cut a good story short one of the goal umpires used her flags to get my goal umpires coach in the jatz crackers with the wood part of the flags. Very funny stuff. I called out "Brian got hit in the nuts!"

Playing a number of years ago, we were watching the twos whilst waiting to get changed after half time in their game.

An opposition player who was very overweight with a shaved head (like uncle fester for those older members) obviously needed a number two during the break.

How would we possibly know that you ask?

When he ran back on (last out as well too highlight it) he had a trail of toilet paper about a metre long hanging out of his strides.

The firsts players and supporters from both clubs were on the ground laughing.

I actually have it on video. I should dig it out and send it in to the footy show.

a few years ago in the heathcote league, a representative from each club was doing the goal umpiring, when a shot at goal came in, very close to the post.

the goal umpire, at his own teams end this quarter, thought "close enough, i'll give it to the boys" and signalled a goal. the opposition went off, but the field umpire allowed it.

not two minutes later, another shot at goal came in, but was a clear point, a fair way from the goal post. an opposition defender quipped "why don't you call that a goal, you pussy".....

he didn't need to be asked twice. bang.

Playing a number of years ago, we were watching the twos whilst waiting to get changed after half time in their game.

An opposition player who was very overweight with a shaved head (like uncle fester for those older members) obviously needed a number two during the break.

How would we possibly know that you ask?

When he ran back on (last out as well too highlight it) he had a trail of toilet paper about a metre long hanging out of his strides.

The firsts players and supporters from both clubs were on the ground laughing.

I actually have it on video. I should dig it out and send it in to the footy show.

Equal Leader:thumbsu:

I didn't see this posted anywhere but the 2007 Number 1 draft choice father (Ross Gibbs) was kicking bucketloads of goals for Victor Harbour (150 per year for several years) and was lining up for another 6 pointer and subsequently removed the togs and jocks and kicked the goal - got about 7 weeks for it, I reckon!

A mate of mine was fabulous on the quick lip and although this gem isn't at all meant to be racially inclined - please, no offense intended to the indigenous brothers, it was a bloody funny one liner. The umpire of the day wasn't having one of his better outings and Bobby was giving him a fair serve - the umpire was copping it sweet until it got too much and he replied with - "C'mon mate - I'm trying to be fair". With that Bobby (quick as a flash) responded - "Fair? - You're about as fair as an abbo's bum!"

Several players couldn't get up of the ground for a few minutes - from laughing.

:(Closed:(
Leaderboard

6 goals 8

Mud n Blood

Kick it to me

Swans 12

No apparent order. Thanks to everyone for the posts:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Funniest Moment On A Football Ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Back