Media Furies Sign Star Rookie Duo

Remove this Banner Ad

In a season filled with lows the Fighting Furies today announced they have signed breakout rookies _Cayz_ and Sterge to long term contracts. The Sterge Tonight team sat down with the rookies to talk about the Furies, season 21 and the desperate attempts by other clubs to lure them away from the Furies.

Sterge Tonight: You've signed a long term contract at the furies what does it mean to you to play for a club with a rich history like the furies?

_Cayz_: The Furies have been a highly successful club over the years and for me to play alongside some of the greats like Equus, footy_fumbler, This Is Anfield and Tarkyn_24 it means a lot. It was a big deal for me to sign with the Furies and to be able to get straight on the park from round 1 was a dream come true. The Furies have been around since Season 3, long before my time, and have tasted premiership success 5 times. You know what they say about a rich history? They say you’ve got a ripe ******* future ahead.

Sterge: To be honest with you I had no idea what Qooty or the Furies were until I was invited down to try out late in season 20, my mentor promised to show me the way of the Fury and teach me to Qooty with the best of them. So you can imagine my shock when I arrived for day 1 of preseason and my mentor was gone. Now that I have gotten to know the Furies and posted alongside such luminaries as RodneyDangerfield, This Is Anfield & Helen Wheels I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sterge Tonight: You've had what many commentators have described as an outstanding rookie season where to from here?

C: It’s onwards and upwards from here. Now that I’ve comfortably settled into my spot on the wing things have been starting to gel a bit more. I nearly shat my dacks round 1 when I was named at fullback. I’m not entirely sure of what the strategy was there and recall several times throughout the game the sim recommended I needed an ambulance. While some might say it’s been an outstanding year I don’t see an EKA medal coming my way. There needs to be some kind of rule change where qooty skill is based on how many posts you can make in the match threads, but even then I still probably couldn’t compete with Sterge.

S: At the start I was a bit lost both on and off the Qooty field, floundering at CHF and struggling to figure out why teams constantly posting “lol furies” actually counted as banter, once I found my feet I have found Qooty and the SFA to be fantastic, I just hope people appreciate my posting style and I try to contribute to the Furies off field as much as possible. Going forwards I would love to be lucky enough to be part of the Furies leadership group and someday maybe even captain the great club.

Sterge Tonight: Did you receive any other offers and would you have even considered them before signing a new contract or was it furies or bust for you?

C: I’d never even heard of the SFA until footy_fumbler sent me a PM one day out of the blue. I remember it like it was yesterday. The day was 19 December and it was a Saturday, I remember this because I was drinking in the local park and I usually only do this on Saturdays. The sun was shining, not a cloud in sight and footy_fumbler asked me: You interested in Fantasy Footy with a difference? You interested in telling people how good you are? You interested in just basically being a dick? Of course, there was only one thing that needed to be said; where do I sign? The club has a strong connection to the Richmond board which is where I originally started life on Big Footy so it was only natural to step over into SFA territory to begin life as a Fury. SM did mention a possible shift to the Wolves when we played them, but I think I’d rather die than be affiliated with an organisation based out of Geelong.

S: Would I play for any other clubs? Maybe a handful of them I would consider joining. Despite my manager fielding a few offers, when the latest salary thread was published and I saw how much cap space the Furies had I knew it was time to sign and earn some serious Qooty dollars maybe buy a nice place in the suburbs and get that bike I had been saving up for.

Sterge Tonight: We have all seen the furies struggling this season, how important is it for the furies rookies to help get the club back to where it belongs and how do you plan to achieve this?

C: I think that while we have shown signs of a hangover in S21 we will be able to bounce back in the coming years and I’m just stoked to be a part of that going into the future. It’s really great to be able to play alongside some other fantastic rookies like Sterge, Coxy_ and Michaels. I think this will be a strong nucleus for the club going forward. The highlight of the year for me has been shit posting with Sterge in the match day threads and if we can turn that into qooty ability then all the other clubs are basically stuffed. I think our best plan going forward is to give the sim better bribes just continue doing what we’re doing until the simmer wants us to win luck of the sim goes back in our favour.

S: I think the Furies are in a strong place off field and that is the key to success, we only have 3 people who haven’t posted this season which is a lot stronger than quite a few other clubs and in my position as self appointed rookie captain I already have my eye on the next batch of gun recruits for S22. If we can continue to be strong off field then on field success will come.

Everyone just ignore the fact that there are no actual contracts.

Sterge Tonight doesn't really exist :eek:

my name isn't really sterge :eek:

qooty isn't real either :eek:

You know you've made it in the SFA when you're conducting an interview with yourself Sterge ;).

Everyone just ignore the fact that there are no actual contracts.

But.. but... wait until you see the size of my.. contract.

You know you've made it in the SFA when you're conducting an interview with yourself Sterge ;).

The other option was interviewing HaroLad about things that really exist

draft topics of discussion were

1. qooty contracts
2. the easter bunny
3. the tooth fairy

The other option was interviewing HaroLad about things that really exist

draft topics of discussion were

1. qooty contracts
2. the easter bunny
3. the tooth fairy
And yourself after I'm done with you.

Coxy_ is hanging out for those hookers i promised him, not ready to tell him i had to give them to Tarkyn_24 to make up for that game where i shifted him to the BP.

Michaels is going to be a great tanker in the future also.

Typical backtracking from the furies yet again. We saw it first hand during the grants guns debacle and we're seeing it here again.

Every captain in the league has been recieving PM's from Sterge and _Cayz_ for weeks, both of them trying to whore themselves out to a relevant club for next season, but they were knocked back every single time. So with no other option but to stay with the furies, this duo has attempted to spin their stagnation at the most embarrassing club in the SFA into a display of loyalty. Pathetic

The Warriors have #thestreak, but it's the Furies that are truly #thestain.

Typical backtracking from the furies yet again. We saw it first hand during the grants guns debacle and we're seeing it here again.

Every captain in the league has been recieving PM's from Sterge and _Cayz_ for weeks, both of them trying to whore themselves out to a relevant club for next season, but they were knocked back every single time. So with no other option but to stay with the furies, this duo has attempted to spin their stagnation at the most embarrassing club in the SFA into a display of loyalty. Pathetic

If you keep stalking me like this i'm going to have to get a restraining order.

Did I run over your dog or something? That's the only reason I can think that you would follow me around and post in every furies thread.

:eek: and here I thought that PM conversations were meant to be private.

The truth is I was never rejected though, I think the bastards just all have me on ignore.

Wow, we are really throwing the word 'star' around loosely now.

Is this like how we called Pluto a planet but it's really a largish space rock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, we are really throwing the word 'star' around loosely now.

Is this like how we called Pluto a planet but it's really a largish space rock?

If you interview yourself you too can heap outlandish praise on your interview subjects.

some great rookies coming through at the furies.
So true. It was nice of the dead weight from last years Furies to step aside and make way for the new influx of future stars ;)

Is this a Papa Juggs or Nakia alias?

Hey denni5 it would have been more fun if you included some details on what shits were given when you showed up.

We asked Papa Juggs what his thoughts were

A lone Juggalo walks up to the brutally mutilated corpse of Close Contest just to check if he is really dead. He looks down upon it before launching a mighty spitball into his one remaining eye. "Rot in hell scum".

Thanks for that bad guys whoever you are. I hate that guy.

There is still one more player that has gotten away with whatever they like in these games. "Oh I'm a newbie". "Oh I don't know what I'm doing".

This scum calls themself _Cayz_ with 2 underscores????!!!! Is he good, is he evil? Does it matter, he is scum and needs to die.

His activity staining this thread over the last few hours is reason enough to see him hang. Scrambling hard pretending to be a villager with infinity stone like it will protect him and allow him a free ride to the finish. Not on my watch.

_Cayz_ your time has come scumbag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Furies Sign Star Rookie Duo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back