Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every half wit from every Victorian club are throwing totally stupid offers in regard Josh , they want him for naught and with no thought into the boys welfare , as I have said we will get nothing even close to his value and expose him to hell

Our best bet is to retract him from trade and look after the boy first as a young man who needs help and second as a very capable footballer , but it's the boys health that is primary

If he decides to walk after next year so be it , least we can say we tried , stupid trades with stupid draft picks with even worse cast offs from teams who think they will get a bargain and don't give a shit about him in that if he fails and gets cut what have they lost are not in his anyone's interest

Schache goes to the Dogs?
The Western Bulldogs have emerged as a possible suitor for homesick Brisbane Lions spearhead Josh Schache.

Schache re-signed with the Lions in June but he and the club mutually agreed on the eve of the Trade Period to explore a move to a Victorian club.

Firm interest in 2015's No.2 draft pick has been slow to materialise, but AFL.com.au understands the Bulldogs are among three or four clubs who have contacted the Lions to discuss the 20-year-old.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-16/trade-wrap-new-suitor-emerges-for-schache

I'll be horrified if he ends up at the Bulldogs, or anywhere other the Hawks for that matter......Much prefer he stay with us of course.

I like what irish said on the situation....we must look after him first and foremost.

At this stage he is our responsibility.

The Age also reporting Dogs have an interest in Schache

Michael Gleeson (The Age):

"If they accepted 25 and 30 they could look at using one of those picks to secure Schache should they decide to pursue their initial interest in the forward.

While the idea of losing Stringer for less than pick 11 has been difficult to accept, using a pick to bring in a No.2 draft pick might make the deal salvageable."

If the trade for Stringer was 25 and 30, that gives the Dogs 9, 25, 28 and 30 as trade currency.

Pick 25 is a "fair and equal" trade for a contracted No. 2 pick?

Pick 9 would have to be included somewhere in any deal for Schache.

Schache & Pick 20 for Pick 9 & Pick 30?

Michael Gleeson (The Age):

"If they accepted 25 and 30 they could look at using one of those picks to secure Schache should they decide to pursue their initial interest in the forward.

While the idea of losing Stringer for less than pick 11 has been difficult to accept, using a pick to bring in a No.2 draft pick might make the deal salvageable."

If the trade for Stringer was 25 and 30, that gives the Dogs 9, 25, 28 and 30 as trade currency.

Pick 25 is a "fair and equal" trade for a contracted No. 2 pick?

Pick 9 would have to be included somewhere in any deal for Schache.
You would hope so but I reckon everyone here better prepare themselves for major dissapointment. Can see three different trades. Schache and 18 for 9. Schache for next years first rounder and maybe some pick swaps. Schache for 25 and player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 9 for Schache + 18 values Schache at around 37 according to the dodgy points calculator- even though obviously in this draft there's a premium for higher picks, I can't see that deal working for Brisbane?

I guess 25+30 is about as unappetizing for Schache as it is for Stringer.

Any proposed trades that work for both parties?

Whatever we agree, you guys have got to take Tom Campbell. We need the list spots. Please? Pretty please?

So 9 for Schache + 18 values Schache at around 37 according to the dodgy points calculator- even though obviously in this draft there's a premium for higher picks, I can't see that deal working for Brisbane?

Whatever we agree, you guys have got to take Tom Campbell. We need the list spots. Please? Pretty please?

Josh Schache and Stef Martin for pick 9? and a fringe type?

No chance on Campbell

Every scenario mentioned on this page is just horrible and amazes me that it is palatable to many here.

Back ourselves in and just keep him FFS.

Pick 9 for Schache is horrible? Okay Ruse.

Josh Schache and Stef Martin for pick 9? and a fringe type?
Pick nine would surely be enough? Offloading a contracted fringe type would be ideal for us, except we don't have much list filler (hence why we're tight on list spots). Campbell is the one we can easily lose IMO. Roberts maybe. Or maybe we don't re-sign Crameri, or leave R.Smith on the rookie list. For Martin I think we'd find a way.

I have no opinion on Schache as a player but damn I hope you guys keep him and get the best from him. If not, I at least hope we can facilitate a fair and reasonable deal. It's not a lot of fun when a young gun leaves.

What do you guys think Schache is worth? There’s been so much talk on what so many are worth this trade period but personally have heard bugger all about what people think Schache is worth, media just keep telling us again and again that he’s available but will go back to Lions if a deal doesn’t eventuate.

Understand those that don’t want Tom Campbell. He doesn’t suit us under Luke Beveridge. Has been the most influential when paired with Roughead as well. Can sneak forward for a mark and goal every now and then but that’s about the end of his around the ground usefulness.

I would love to get Martin into our set up, more than Schache quite honest. Would love to see our mids with a decent ruckman putting it down their throats. Would be huge until English is ready.

Sorry for the novel, just really intrigued by what value you place on Schache.

Every scenario mentioned on this page is just horrible and amazes me that it is palatable to many here.

Back ourselves in and just keep him FFS.
For once I agree with you. I don't think it is people actually wanting to trade him but throwing up different scenarios IMO.

What do you guys think Schache is worth? There’s been so much talk on what so many are worth this trade period but personally have heard bugger all about what people think Schache is worth, media just keep telling us again and again that he’s available but will go back to Lions if a deal doesn’t eventuate.

Understand those that don’t want Tom Campbell. He doesn’t suit us under Luke Beveridge. Has been the most influential when paired with Roughead as well. Can sneak forward for a mark and goal every now and then but that’s about the end of his around the ground usefulness.

I would love to get Martin into our set up, more than Schache quite honest. Would love to see our mids with a decent ruckman putting it down their throats. Would be huge until English is ready.

Schache on raw ability is a top 5 pick.
Schache on his mental strength is a late first.

It is a risk picking him up as there is no guarantee he will be strong enough for AFL level. If he does though he could be a gun.

What would you have wanted for Tom Boyd after his first year at the Dogs (2015)? Answer that honestly and that's what we want for Schache :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back