Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think Schache is worth? There’s been so much talk on what so many are worth this trade period but personally have heard bugger all about what people think Schache is worth, media just keep telling us again and again that he’s available but will go back to Lions if a deal doesn’t eventuate.

Understand those that don’t want Tom Campbell. He doesn’t suit us under Luke Beveridge. Has been the most influential when paired with Roughead as well. Can sneak forward for a mark and goal every now and then but that’s about the end of his around the ground usefulness.

I would love to get Martin into our set up, more than Schache quite honest. Would love to see our mids with a decent ruckman putting it down their throats. Would be huge until English is ready.

Sorry for the novel, just really intrigued by what value you place on Schache.

Let me give the Adelaide point of view...He's contracted..pick 9 is unders!!

Pick nine would surely be enough? Offloading a contracted fringe type would be ideal for us, except we don't have much list filler (hence why we're tight on list spots). Campbell is the one we can easily lose IMO. Roberts maybe. Or maybe we don't re-sign Crameri, or leave R.Smith on the rookie list. For Martin I think we'd find a way.

I have no opinion on Schache as a player but damn I hope you guys keep him and get the best from him. If not, I at least hope we can facilitate a fair and reasonable deal. It's not a lot of fun when a young gun leaves.

I was thinking a Fringe type to sweeten the deal from your point of view as your tight for list spots so a 2 for 1 wouldn't be ideal for you.

I'll be horrified if he ends up at the Bulldogs, or anywhere other the Hawks for that matter......Much prefer he stay with us of course.

I like what irish said on the situation....we must look after him first and foremost.

At this stage he is our responsibility.

Yeah they demonstrated their ability in the welfare department...Boyd, Close, Stringer, Cameri, last place Schache should go .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't get it.. what did they do to any of those players?

That's the joke. Nothing. They have a heap of mental health issues within their four walls and have not shown their welfare department is up to scratch. Of course that is from the outside looking in, but it is not a good look.

Yeah they demonstrated their ability in the welfare department...Boyd, Close, Stringer, Cameri, last place Schache should go .
Assuming you mean Cloke, I doubt his issues can be blamed on the Bulldogs given the short time he has been there. And Stringer sounds more like a tosser than a victim of poor welfare.

Even if it is only Jay Clark, Trotter repeating yet again that Schache will be happy to play for the Lions next year if a deal can't be done.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/br...k/news-story/9d89b6bc3c026cab376abdda885733ae

Clark's another one, though, who's repeating the line about Schache being a 2nd round pick. o_O
Realistically, one or two second rounders is about all we look like getting. I don't think the club has any desire to keep him in Brisbane, or Schache any wish to stay, despite their public pronouncements to the contrary.

Josh Schache will play for Brisbane if trade to Melbourne-based team can’t be struck
JAY CLARK, Herald Sun
October 16, 2017 8:00pm
BRISBANE forward Josh Schache has reassured the Lions he will return to play for them next season if a trade to a Melbourne-based team can’t be struck.

Schache’s hopes of moving home to Victoria hinge on Richmond reviving the long-held interest in him or 11th-hour bids from Carlton, Hawthorn or Western Bulldogs.

The Lions remain hopeful a deal will still be completed, but they may have to accept a late first-round or second-round pick in return for the second-year goalkicker.

Schache, 20, spoke with Lions’ coach Chris Fagan late last week to discuss the possibility of returning to the Gabba next season.

Schache’s manager, David Trotter, said there was no ill-feeling towards Brisbane and that his client would certainly honour his contract.

“All parties are working hard on getting a deal done and certainly Josh is very hopeful of playing in Melbourne next year,”
“If that doesn’t happen he will be happy to see out his contract in Brisbane next year.”

The former No.2 draft pick is the 14th AFL player to request a move interstate to be closer to family in this year’s trade period.

Carlton is believed to be considering the impact Schache’s arrival would have on the senior prospects of key forward Harry McKay next season.

The Blues also do not have a second-round pick to trade to Brisbane in return for Schache unless they move on star midfielder Bryce Gibbs.
The Dogs could also swoop to help replace veteran forward Travis Cloke but their priority is to solve the Jake Stringer deal.
Sources said the Crows’ hopes of securing Gibbs were still alive with the Blues still looking for another draft pick to trade to Greater Western Sydney in return for midfielder Matthew Kennedy.

The Tigers were the most keen on Schache throughout the season but their interest cooled significantly, in-line with Schache’s form, in the second half of the year.

Richmond is now adamant it will take its two first-round picks to the national draft, in part, to claim father-son midfielder Patrick

Collingwood, Essendon, St Kilda and North Melbourne have all ruled themselves out of the race for the Seymour product.

Adelaide list chief Justin Reid was coy about Gibbs but said the club would look at any “win-win” deals such as Gibbs.

But Carlton list chief Stephen Silvagni said the club did not want to lose the star midfielder.

“Bryce hasn’t come to us to be traded,” Silvagni told AFL Trade Radio.

“Bryce is contracted for two years and that’s where it sits.

“We’re really happy to keep Bryce.

“We’re not trading Bryce. He’s got two years left on his contract.”

template
9d89b6bc3c026cab376abdda885733ae
9d89b6bc3c026cab376abdda885733ae

Clark's another one, though, who's repeating the line about Schache being a 2nd round pick. o_O

Why would the Lions accept a second round pick, for a contracted Schache who is prepared to return to the club to honour his contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Anthony Miles and why would we be interested?

Hi Dylan.
Anthony Miles is an inside midfielder who currently plays for Richmond.
Has proven quite a good player at AFL level however this season has struggled to break in to the Richmond line up.
Previous finishes in the Richmond best and fairest have been 6th last year and 4th the year previous.
Seeing as Tom Rockliff has left you could probably use another inside midfielder and being only 24 years old he is a good age profile for the young Brisbane list, in my opinion.
Plus you would also receive pick 17 being a late first round draft pick to further enhance your young list.

I’ve heard it floated around the Richmond board and thought i’d see if you guys thought it would be a fair deal.

Seems like slightly overs in your favour, definitely.
But we are desperate for a key forward and would pay overs to get one.
Would most likely involve a swap of 3rd round picks I think
This is some kind of sick joke right? You don't legitimately think this is a fair trade?
I'm really hoping you are being extremely sarcastic.

Seems like slightly overs in your favour, definitely.
But we are desperate for a key forward and would pay overs to get one.
Would most likely involve a swap of 3rd round picks I think
In our favour? Contracted 2nd year KPF with huge ceiling. Don't see how that's in our favour. We'll probably lose him, and we probably won't get fair value, but don't try and tell us that 17 + Miles is in our favour

This is some kind of sick joke right? You don't legitimately think this is a fair trade?
I'm really hoping you are being extremely sarcastic.

Pick 17 + Anthony Miles?
I actually think it’s not bad to be honest.
You’re receiving a first round pick plus a ready made player.
What are you honestly expecting for Scache?

I really don’t know, I haven’t heard anything mentioned in regards to Scaches value on the current market.

Would you really take that; a nothing draft pick in a crap draft and a below average player?o_O

If we hold on to Schache and he retires midway through next year, I really hope you don't complain.

Why would the Lions accept a second round pick, for a contracted Schache who is prepared to return to the club to honour his contract?

Insanity. Would rather keep him and risk losing him for blot next year than get a 2nd round pick. Still a massive chance he turns out elite. Things change quickly in this league.

pick 17 + Anthony Miles.

See people we now have a first round pick (plus a little extra on the side if you like that sort of thing). The tide is turning.

Oh on the 17 + Miles - no, we are ok.

Pick 17 + Anthony Miles?
I actually think it’s not bad to be honest.
You’re receiving a first round pick plus a ready made player.
What are you honestly expecting for Scache?

I really don’t know, I haven’t heard anything mentioned in regards to Scaches value on the current market.
Of course you don't think it's a bad trade. You offload a player who played 5 games this year and is uncontracted and pick 17 and get a potential future star. How about we chuck in Rohan Bewick (played over 100 games now so is a ready made player) and you chuck in pick 15 also...... seems fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back