Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's like his good first year never happened... I saw a depressing stat recently, in 27 games for the club he's only won 3. While most of our team would have a similar record, if Schache was struggling already then it wouldn't have helped. His management in 2016 was rough as well, was definitely burnt out.

Yeah, not saying there's nothing to his thoughts on the TAC Cup, but I agree with WA Lion that there's not been any consideration of Josh's first year. U'd also question how many of our games McGuane has caught.
Yeah that is probably a better way of putting it. McGuane raises a few interesting points that are hard to disagree with, but he has also left a few relevant points out for the sake of his argument

I can’t believe the carry on with Josh. He is a second year KPF in the worst team in the comp. Is it really that hard to see why he struggled this year?
Give the lad a break FFS!!
Unfortunately he is in the team next to a bloke called Hipwood. Rightly or wrongly he will be compared to him, particularly when it comes to his appetite for the contest.

McGuane makes some valid points but there is an inbuilt fallacy in his argument that Josh was a "lemon" because of the Zoning rule in the TAC.

All the "power" forwards in that comp had the same advantage and Josh was a clear standout

So what is old Micky Mc actually saying?

Clubs should never draft a lead up tall ever again because they are all going to be hoodwinked?

Last edited:
McGuane seems to have ignored all the promising things he did in his first year, and just concentrated on instances this year showing him to be timid at the contest. We could all see that too - compared to how he was marking strongly in the first year, last year he definitively was not right in his head - lacking confidence.

As already said, it's all between the ears.

Josh had no issues taking pack marks in his first year. He has no mechanistic issues, it's all in his head and the Victorian team that picks him up will have a gun

Josh had no issues taking pack marks in his first year. He has no mechanistic issues, it's all in his head and the Victorian team that picks him up will have a gun

It isn't as simple as that mate. He isn't going to walk into a Vic club and gun it. I wish it were that simple for his sake.

It isn't as simple as that mate. He isn't going to walk into a Vic club and gun it. I wish it were that simple for his sake.

The fact that he's capable of performances as good as we saw last year is as simple as these things possibly get.

Given that his performances last year were commensurate with a player that would succeed at AFL level, I'm fairly confident to argue he'll be fine in the next 5 years at Richmond or whoever it is.

I'd agree he's got a long way to go to work through these mental demons but he's got an infinitely higher chance doing it with the support network he's had all of his life instead of at the lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Holy shit the poor kid. I cannot remember a second year KPF copping it so sweet from all media outlets and his own club supporters!

I hope he's staying away from the news and media at the moment.

I honestly think it's pretty disgusting as Daniel riches has told us theres a lot more going on than just where am I gonna play next year. With all this pressure and scrutiny on top of him I'd be surprised if he didn't just walk away from the game at this point.

Some of our own need to have a good hard look at themselves. I'm pretty miffed at that article.

Pretty pissed by some of the comments this whole trade period tbh. These guys are people first regardless of how much money they're earning.

Holy shit the poor kid. I cannot remember a second year KPF copping it so sweet from all media outlets and his own club supporters!

I hope he's staying away from the news and media at the moment.

I honestly think it's pretty disgusting as Daniel riches has told us theres a lot more going on than just where am I gonna play next year. With all this pressure and scrutiny on top of him I'd be surprised if he didn't just walk away from the game at this point.

Some of our own need to have a good hard look at themselves. I'm pretty miffed at that article.

Pretty pissed by some of the comments this whole trade period tbh. These guys are people first regardless of how much money they're earning.

I think you are going a bit OTT here? Nearly all Lions fans have taken a compassionate stand point with Josh, with either 'back him in' or 'do what's best'. When Aish wanted to leave and others it was 10 times worse and what - that's OK or not worth a mention because they didn't need time off? Josh hasn't declared he has a mental illness, is he to be totally spared of any discussion around his form last year? we are still allowed to discuss his footy.

I haven't seen any unruley attacks on his personality and TBH, 90% of the noise an innuendo has come from him and his camp, everytime ther eis a leak it ends up being true.. so where is that coming from?

Not saying he deserves it or he is to blame, but the way it has been managed has turned it into a story of genuine interest, so you can hardly blame the media for covering it.

Jeez, bit harsh calling him a lemon. Does that mean all forwards are lemons?
There are points in the article that I agree with. I think we should keep Schache and help him. I hope he stays too to help himself rather than being in that fishbowl.

Does 13 and 28 get the dogs Schache and 18?

I know some of you will think that's gross, but I just dont see the Dogs doing a straight swap of 13 for Josh as the market stands.

Side note: Anyone finding player values absolutely F***** this year compared to the past few?

Just curious what was the general reaction of dogs fans when pick 11 was rejected? If of course it actually was offered and rejected.

I'm assuming due to our stated goal of getting in high end talent, whether it is a multi club trade, straight pick for Schache or a bundle of picks trade we want to end up with a pick in the top 10-12 for Josh.

If the Hawks are indeed interested and we sincerely want to move Josh on for health reasons I would just get it done with the Hawks- Out Josh Schache. In Hawks 2018 1st rounder. I'd be very confident that it will end up a top 10 pick.

If the Hawks are indeed interested and we sincerely want to move Josh on for health reasons I would just get it done with the Hawks- Out Josh Schache. In Hawks 2018 1st rounder. I'd be very confident that it will end up a top 10 pick.
I'd be very confident the Hawks would never do that deal. Maybe their future 2nd. Maybe.

I watch a lot of Brisbane games as my nephew and a good mate supports them.

Not trying to be malicious but it's hard to disagree with McGuanes thoughts.

Josh looked ok in patches last year but his biggest knock has always been his intent on the contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back