Prediction Future of Josh has gone to the Dogs.

Where's Schack at in 2018?

• Brisbane

Votes: 173 42.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 34.5%
  • Does anybody even care anymore?

Votes: 95 23.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard Josh is extremely conscious of doing the right thing by Brisbane. Very loyal kid who wants to be liked.

My guess is Richmond will offer Pick 15 + 17 + Miles for Schache + 12 + 42ish at the last minute and I have no idea if Brisbane would accept.
Not with giving 12 back anyways. Its looking more and more likely we wont be getting screwed. At least not this year anyways.

I've heard Josh is extremely conscious of doing the right thing by Brisbane. Very loyal kid who wants to be liked.

My guess is Richmond will offer Pick 15 + 17 + Miles for Schache + 12 + 42ish at the last minute and I have no idea if Brisbane would accept.
Would have to be offered before the last minute IMO, if that was taken we could go into the draft with picks 15, 17, 18 and 20, we would need to have enough time to bundle a couple of those up to move up the draft board.

On the draft points system, you just valued Schache at Miles + pick 38. Yes, that's a 3rd round pick. Given that I'm not hearing much interest in Miles, I'm guessing he'd be valued about the same.

I honestly don't know whether the club would accept Schache for 15+17 alone. Let alone giving back pick 12.

IF Richmond are interested I imagine we won't include 15 in any offer. The club has constantly said they will go to the draft in the first round, just haven't stipulated that we will with both picks...

Would you guys see the value in Miles doing all the hard work on the inside for your developing mids in Rocky's place, given he may only have to do it for 2-3 years until they take over. It would possibly allow them to develop without too much pressure to win their own ball etc.

IF Richmond offered #17 for Schache, how far off do you guys think that will be to getting the job done or what else will need to be included???

Cheers in advance

On the draft points system, you just valued Schache at Miles + pick 38. Yes, that's a 3rd round pick. Given that I'm not hearing much interest in Miles, I'm guessing he'd be valued about the same.

I honestly don't know whether the club would accept Schache for 15+17 alone. Let alone giving back pick 12.

I guess that highlights the difficulty in getting a trade over the line. Our goal is to get Naish for a bundle of late picks, and we think someone (probably you) will bid on him before Pick 15.

Richmond would want 12 + Schache + 42ish... what do you think would be needed for that deal to be worth it for Brisbane?

I guess that highlights the difficulty in getting a trade over the line. Our goal is to get Naish for a bundle of late picks, and we think someone (probably you) will bid on him before Pick 15.

Richmond would want 12 + Schache + 42ish... what do you think would be needed for that deal to be worth it for Brisbane?
Alex Rance. Are you serious? I am.

In my mind 99% he's staying.

In that case, the club needs to be really proactive and clear in their messaging to make sure fans know what the deal is.

i.e. Schache didn't hold a gun to our head, nor did he demand to be released. The club and he were just exploring possible avenues that could have been mutually beneficial.

Because if we have another season of ****wit "supporters" hurling abuse and boos at him, there is no way the situation improves.

So we have to downgrade a decent first round pick as well as damage our plans to get Ballenden so that Richmond can poach one of our players (who they have insidiously been tapping up behind the scenes) without damaging their plans to get Naish.

Oh thank you sir, where do we sign?

The temerity of expecting pick 12 as part of the deal. Unbelievable.

So we have to downgrade a decent first round pick as well as damage our plans to get Ballenden so that Richmond can poach one of our players (who they have insidiously been tapping up behind the scenes) without damaging their plans to get Naish.

Oh thank you sir, where do we sign?

The temerity of expecting pick 12 as part of the deal. Unbelievable.

Starting with 15 + 17 as the base, I don't think it's outrageous to expect 12 to be part of the deal. It's a 3 pick downgrade.

It's all about creating a balance that benefits both sides.

I'm asking what you think would help balance the deal to a point where Brisbane would feel it's a worthwhile deal for them?

You don't have the currency to get 12 + Schache + 42ish

I'm asking what you think would help balance the deal to a point where Brisbane would feel it's a worthwhile deal for them?

Like I said, taking pick 12 out the arrangement to start. It's an insult, even as a downgrade.

We're a bit protective of Josh and his well being, on here.....we are not going to just give him away for next to nothing or to just any old club..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Starting with 15 + 17 as the base, I don't think it's outrageous to expect 12 to be part of the deal. It's a 3 pick downgrade.

Start with Rioli on the table and we can start talking.

It seems pick 12 is in demand. Says something about its value. We won't be giving up Schache and pick 12. Personally, I'd take pick 15, or pick 17 at a pinch. Pick 12 will stay ours or be used in other ways. I doubt we're interested in Naish. Has go home all over him.

The Richmond proposals are irrelevant, it looks like Carlton & Bulldogs are the only clubs even "looking at" Schache.

The Richmond proposals are irrelevant, it looks like Carlton & Bulldogs are the only clubs even "looking at" Schache.

According to Ralph talking to Brisbane, after consulting Schache the Bulldogs have said they're no longer interested.

You do realize that it is you who is wanting to take one of our players, right? Why should it be us taking a pick downgrade?
How about 15 + 17 for Schache + 20 for you guys to use on Naish.

Nothing that Richmond currently have. Why would Brisbane trade 12 and a contracted Schache for 15 and 17? How does that benefit Brisbane?

Nothing that Richmond currently have. Why would Brisbane trade 12 and a contracted Schache for 15 and 17? How does that benefit Brisbane?

It's Schache for 17, and due to Brisbane wanting him gone (and complete lack of interest by everyone else), Richmond would want a little something extra going their way... so 15 to 12 upgrade gets it done.

It really comes down to how much Brisbane want to get rid of him before the next couple of years.

Personally I would be worried if the deal goes through, because it would indicate that Brisbane have written him off. Reminds me of Carlton with Chris Yarran.

On the other hand, if the deal doesn't go through, then it probably means Brisbane believe they can get the best out of Schache and he'll become a good player for you. Because of these outcomes, you guys win if he stays, and we win if he stays... so I'm hoping the deal doesn't go through for both of us!

It's Schache for 17, and due to Brisbane wanting him gone (and complete lack of interest by everyone else), Richmond would want a little something extra going their way... so 15 to 12 upgrade gets it done.

It really comes down to how much Brisbane want to get rid of him before the next couple of years.

If we were that desperate to get rid of him then other clubs would have offered a 3rd rounder. Just no point

Bye bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back