Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing season and the debate is "Is it the List or is it the Coach?"
Disappointing game and the debate is "Was it the Players or was it the Coach?"

Undoubtedly there's a bit of both. In both.

We will obviously never all reach a consensus on this, but for me something's still not quite right at the Kennel ...

Disappointing season and the debate is "Is it the List or is it the Coach?"
Disappointing game and the debate is "Was it the Players or was it the Coach?"

Undoubtedly there's a bit of both. In both.

We will obviously never all reach a consensus on this, but for me something's still not quite right at the Kennel ...
Interesting that Damien Hardwick said after GC's loss to Norf, where they lost their 14th away game in a row, that it's up to the Coach and Match Committee to get the boys going and be better. A welcome change from blaming the players.

Don't think you can blame the coach for this. The players are to blame for today just a step behind all day and looked soft
Then what is the coach for ? If not to have them ready for war?

Why does Timmy play soft ? because Bevo doesnt tear shreds off him infront of the grp to make sure it doesnt happen again. Why is Marra a sook ? because Bevo doesnt send him to the vfl to learn humility. Why why why because the coach is a selfish ballless tool who refuses to coach but is running a daddy daycare at WO.

I have no respect and have had none for this coach for longer than i can remember. Its useless expressing this opinion as the real culprits are elsewhere behind the scenes supporting this absolute shit show. At some point even 40 years of blind faith can be questioned. Ive had enough I couldnt care less if they turned the WO into a ****en car park.

Why does Timmy play soft ? because Bevo doesnt tear shreds off him infront of the grp to make sure it doesnt happen again. Why is Marra a sook ? because Bevo doesnt send him to the vfl to learn humility. Why why why because the coach is a selfish ballless tool who refuses to coach but is running a daddy daycare at WO.

I have no respect and have had none for this coach for longer than i can remember. Its useless expressing this opinion as the real culprits are elsewhere behind the scenes supporting this absolute shit show. At some point even 40 years of blind faith can be questioned. Ive had enough I couldnt care less if they turned the WO into a ****en car park.
This could be up there with the worst post on bigfooty I've read in a while

Did l write this lol. Well said friend !!!

Because it isn't in his physical makeup. Something that has only gotten worse with his concussions.

Thats the spirit.

Interesting that Damien Hardwick said after GC's loss to Norf, where they lost their 14th away game in a row, that it's up to the Coach and Match Committee to get the boys going and be better. A welcome change from blaming the players.

True but Damien is at the start of his tenure of Gold Coast. Bevo is in his third year after 2021 and tenth overall. Still struggling to preform consistently and having us hang around 9th.

The blame eventually shifts when you run out of chances.

It all depends if you think 2022-2024 is another 2018-2020 half rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bevo is still a great coach, but he is now tried and tested and imo not getting the best out of our list.

Thanks for the 2106 GF and 2021 (up until the GF), but I think getting a new coach with fresh ideas is what is needed.

Obviously a lot easier to get rid of one coach than 22 players. Something has to change, especially if we miss the 8 (which looks more than likely)

Last edited:
True but Damien is at the start of his tenure of Gold Coast. Bevo is in his third year after 2021 and tenth overall. Still struggling to preform consistently and having us hang around 9th.

The blame eventually shifts when you run out of chances.

It all depends if you think 2022-2024 is another 2018-2020 half rebuild.
I've never heard Bevo take any responsibility when we perform poorly. That's my biggest knock on him. He isn't accountable.

What do you think a different coach could do with this group?

I’d like to see us stop bringing an extra to the contest. It means we get outmarked and also can’t stop springboarding off our forward line.

The last 3 years simply haven’t worked and in my view it’s time for a new direction, but I doubt the club sees it the same way.

Given the logjam in the middle of the ladder and the run of games we have coming up we could easily finish the year at 13th. That isn’t just missing finals….that’s a mile off. How the coach could survive that is beyond me. He has to go.

New ideas, structures, selection. Get rid of the rotten wood.
New voice. Have players not feeling too comfortable. How did Brad Scott go at Essendon, Macrae at Pies, Voss at Blues, Kingsley at GWS, Mitchell at Hawthorn? All have had some success.

Ah, you might want to take that up with Sam Power.
You're the one that's defending mediocrity. I'm not. Most would suggest we have had a good enough list to make finals the last 2 years and to make top 4 at least once since 2016.
I would like change and consistency.
The only way to do that is with the change of coach, movement of salary cap (English, Smith), needs based recruitment, intelligent rather than haphazard drafting, transparent selection and paring the list back (cut cloggers).

The first time i had gotten of the fence and decided I want Bev gone rather than stay was after the Essondope game

Nothing has changed my mind if anything I’m even more resolute that Bev should go.

Emotional connections with players, we care about each other, we look after our players, I will defend our players etc etc that narrative is a smoke screen for incompetence and confusion that reigns at the Kennel

Remove this Banner Ad

Back