Fyfe vs Dusty

fyfe vs dusty

• Fyfe

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 84 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This. Fyfe is a better pure midfielder, Dusty is the best mid/forward in the game. Fyfe also just seems like a better person.
How does he seem like a better prson Woj? Because he doesn't have tatts?

I reckon Fyfe is more consistent, so is Danger probably.

But when it's chips in, all on the line, I'll take Dusty. His record in finals backs it up.

Also, damage. 20 Dusty possesions will, on average, hurt you more than 25 Fyfe possesions.

How does he seem like a better prson Woj? Because he doesn't have tatts?

I reckon Fyfe is more consistent, so is Danger probably.

But when it's chips in, all on the line, I'll take Dusty. His record in finals backs it up.

Also, damage. 20 Dusty possesions will, on average, hurt you more than 25 Fyfe possesions.
Nah, it isn't the tatts

I wouldnt swap dusty with fyfe, historically or in the future. wouldnt swap for anyone tbh

obviously fyfe is amazing

Doubt Freo supporters would swap Fyfe for Dusty, sort of that devil you know type thing, don't think either side would be happy if a direct swap was made.

Hard to split them, I think Fyfe is played more as a utility due to need whereas Dusty is now largely free to play offensively which is his strength.

If Freo can come good over the next few years I'd love to see Fyfe playing more finals, much like Ablett at GCS, it's a waste if the big guns aren't getting to play in the big games.

Hard to say, team dependent as well.

If Fyfe was in a team which had the freedom to put their best player in the forwardline and play as an impactful midfielder the rest of the time I think he'd be excellent as well.

They say that the great players don't necessarily play better in big games or under pressure. It's just that lesser players crumble under the pressure. I don't think Fyfe would crumble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt Freo supporters would swap Fyfe for Dusty, sort of that devil you know type thing, don't think either side would be happy if a direct swap was made.

Hard to split them, I think Fyfe is played more as a utility due to need whereas Dusty is now largely free to play offensively which is his strength.

If Freo can come good over the next few years I'd love to see Fyfe playing more finals, much like Ablett at GCS, it's a waste if the big guns aren't getting to play in the big games.

Well dusty a cupboard full of awards, many of them based around September

like i said fyfe too is a legend and i look forward to him returning to tigerland one day

Nah just seems like a bit of a flog and has off the field issues. Fyfe seems like he'd be a great bloke to have a beer with
Disagree. I’d rather have a beer with dusty. Fyfe figjam written all over him. Same as paddy. Martin is a great mate it seems to many of his teammates.

Let's put it into soccer terms:

- Dusty is like Messi, a genuine great playing in a genuinely great team. A big stage performer who makes those around him look just a little bit better as well.

- Danger is like Ronaldo, a great player - one of best ever, but you can't help escape the feeling that he's playing for himself rather than the team

- Fyfe is like Ibrahimovic, probably the best of the lot, but has never played for a big team contending for the big prize (even his stint at Man Utd - they were never in EPL contention), so there will always be an asterix next to his name...but when you watch his highlights reel you can't help but sit there, jaw slightly open in awe.

For those doubting Fyfe's Brownlow - take a look at his extended 2019 highlights reel, put your feet up and then realise why he won - he makes the game look like men vs boys.

The things is, a 'who is better than who' debate is just a pointless exercise. All three are the best of a generation and there isn't one of us who wouldn't have them in their team in a heartbeat (note to AA selectors - how did you not have room for Dusty!!!)

Bit much to say he is the 'greatest' big game player.

He is in the conversation, but there are others who have been equally as good in big games over careers - Carey, Hodge, McLeod, Voss, Buckley are the names that come to mind

thats not my view, it Gerald Healy's view , and interestingly you mention a group of players, not one of which is currently playing.

Let's put it into soccer terms:

- Dusty is like Messi, a genuine great playing in a genuinely great team. A big stage performer who makes those around him look just a little bit better as well.

- Danger is like Ronaldo, a great player - one of best ever, but you can't help escape the feeling that he's playing for himself rather than the team

- Fyfe is like Ibrahimovic, probably the best of the lot, but has never played for a big team contending for the big prize (even his stint at Man Utd - they were never in EPL contention), so there will always be an asterix next to his name...but when you watch his highlights reel you can't help but sit there, jaw slightly open in awe.

For those doubting Fyfe's Brownlow - take a look at his extended 2019 highlights reel, put your feet up and then realise why he won - he makes the game look like men vs boys.

The things is, a 'who is better than who' debate is just a pointless exercise. All three are the best of a generation and there isn't one of us who wouldn't have them in their team in a heartbeat (note to AA selectors - how did you not have room for Dusty!!!)

but mate, the other 2 blokes cant kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe vs Dusty

Back