Fyfe vs Dusty

fyfe vs dusty

• Fyfe

Votes: 87 50.9%
  • Dusty

Votes: 84 49.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

After Ablett jr's decade of dominance he passed the baton onto Nat Fyfe. It was only through multiple injuries that Fyfe hasn't absolutely dominated in a way that Ablett did. When Fyfe isn't injured, and gets a fair run at things, he is the best in the competition by a long space. I suspect Cripps will be next in line once Fyfe is done.

Dusty , just ... he is way more damaging with the ball in hand and that is why he gets the nod over Fyfe and Danger .
All three are absolute stars but Dusty is an out and out champion .

Martin, the only player to ever have dual premierships, dual Norm Smiths and a Brownlow and could easily make that 2 by time his career ends.

At some point the penny will drop with dusty martin.

He has 2 norm smiths, 2 gary ayres medals. Best and fairest in a premiership team. These are the awards that matter
You're right, but they're also awards that are impossible to win in a shit team.

Dusty’s now playing more like Chapman did, only at stoppages fwd of centre.
Interesting though that he can play a season that helps a team with alot of injuries get to finals but doesn’t make AA.
Fyfe reminds me of Dangerfield at Crows, he needs to play great for them to win.
Dusty can be great by foot but he still holds the record for the most ineffective kicks in a game..18.
Fyfe and Dangerfield are probably more complete footballers but I don’t think either can get to Dusty’s level when he’s on.

Both awesome players to watch. When fit, Fyfe is pretty much elite week in and week out in dragging his mediocre team up. Dusty was relatively poor at the start of the season when the team was down, seemed injured or something.....probably matters less if the team make finals and you tear it up....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely don't know whos better and I thought this would make an entertaining thread.

Compared notable achievements
fyfe
2 brownlows, 2 leigh mathew trophies, 2 B&F, 3 all australians and causing all girls out west having expectations of guys way to high.
Dusty
1 brownlow, 2 norm smiths, 2 premierships, 1 leigh mathew thropies, 3 all australians, 1 coaches association and having a name like dusty.

Some thoughts
fyfe isn't that bad kick anymore don't get me wrong hes not good but hes definitely improved,
dusty has his hair cut for aerodynamics.
dusty always seems to take things at pace which requires an amazing judge of what our oblong ball is gonna do.
Fyfes judge of the ball in the air is unparalleled.
Dusty is i believe a forward as he doesn't have the tank to be a full time mid and thus behaves as a forward who get involved with stoppages and pushes up the ground.
Fyfe is a midfielder hes only pushes forward when he has a mismatch or needs a rest he doesn't have the burst pace to create enough separation and trouble defenders. In saying that fyfes top pace is top 5 at fremantle so hes quite quick and over the long distance hes top five at freo quite a feat considering giro, brayshaw hill brothers and langdon.

Both are very much untaggable dusty just goes forward and fyfe just shruggs it off.
Only times i can remember dusty being tagged out of it was deboar earlier this year but their is some more probably.
Fyfe got given an absolute bath by jarrod berry last year and silvagni did a fine job this year.

Whats everyones thoughts.

Fyfe did his hamstring in the first quarter mate, he was not given a bath

How does he seem like a better prson Woj? Because he doesn't have tatts?

I reckon Fyfe is more consistent, so is Danger probably.

But when it's chips in, all on the line, I'll take Dusty. His record in finals backs it up.

Also, damage. 20 Dusty possesions will, on average, hurt you more than 25 Fyfe possesions.
This is wrong, watch Fyfe more and you'd realise this.

I hate it when people just say "Fyfe" without explanation. It comes across as nothing more than a chance to pot Richmond.
So saying Fyfe is better than Dusty is potting Richmond, seriously? grow up.

You'll get different responses depending on what people value more when rating one as "better".

If you like consistent elite output, Fyfe is your man (most Brownlow votes per game ever)
If you like someone who performs in the games that matter, Dusty is your man (2 Norm Smith & Gary Ayres Medals)
Fyfe would perform in "games that matter" if he played for a team that played them, he would have Norm Smiths and Gary Ayres medals if he was playing in finals now, Would dusty have a Brownlow if Richmond finished 13th is a more balanced question?

Fyfe, in Scottish Gaelic, means 'myself'

He is way too selfish.
You're wrong, pay more attention to the way he plays and what he says.
Dusty’s now playing more like Chapman did, only at stoppages fwd of centre.
Interesting though that he can play a season that helps a team with alot of injuries get to finals but doesn’t make AA.
Fyfe reminds me of Dangerfield at Crows, he needs to play great for them to win.
Dusty can be great by foot but he still holds the record for the most ineffective kicks in a game..18.
Fyfe and Dangerfield are probably more complete footballers but I don’t think either can get to Dusty’s level when he’s on.
You're wrong, watch the 2nd quarter of the hawks game for a taste.

This is wrong, watch Fyfe more and you'd realise this.
I watch every game, every week mate. I'm not wrong sorry. Respectfully disagree.

Dusty cuts sides by foot. Fyfe and Danger don't. KE is similar, but Dusty takes on far more risk wise than what the other two do. And the rewards are greater when it comes off. Lower ball flight, better penetration.

Fyfe is a beast, I love him. Rate him well above Danger and would love to see him back in a good side like a few years back.

Fyfe a better mark, and is more physical in close. Fyfe better powering through traffic, Dusty better at creating separation from traffic via fend.
Dusty also more effective F50.

Contrasting styles, both awesome. I also think both players are currently the "right fit" for each side.

You'll get different responses depending on what people value more when rating one as "better".

If you like consistent elite output, Fyfe is your man (most Brownlow votes per game ever)
If you like someone who performs in the games that matter, Dusty is your man (2 Norm Smith & Gary Ayres Medals)

Hard to split, to many what if’s.

Like em both but they haven’t had the same big game exposure, on this basis of this I’m going call a draw.

Fyfe would perform in "games that matter" if he played for a team that played them, he would have Norm Smiths and Gary Ayres medals if he was playing in finals
Dusty has played one more granny than Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe vs Dusty

Back