Freodoc

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2007
In a Purple Haze
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool F.C.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse..... Fyfe to have scans on injured shoulder tomorrow :thumbsdown:

Could someone please put Seppo on suicide watch...

Source: Ch 10 news

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse..... Fyfe to have scans on injured shoulder tomorrow :thumbsdown:

I'd forgotten about that :(. He looked really ordinary just after it happened, but seemed to work back into the game and it had slipped my mind. Thing is it looked fairly innocuous when it happened too.

If he misses next week, then I think bring the few 'left-overs' we have on our list who are fit for a few others looking iffy (eg. Frodo, Hill) and pull another Tassie job.

OMFG!!!!!! I'm booking a flight home to check up on him. :(

Please not make my week any worse!!! Keep this thread updated if you guys hear anything. I'll be keeping my ears to the ground and and if it's anything serious, I want comforting message sent to my BF inbox.

heard Harvs say something about the shoulder popping in and out of the socket or words to that effect. Hope he doesn't need a shoulder reco

He did get clobbered big time with his first mark - so did Mayne

Both should have been 50m penalties for head high contact

don't get me started on the 50's that should have been played:

1. Duffield takes a mark and Milne or Montagna steps over the mark by a meter or two and Duff points it out to the umpire and gets nothing.

2. IIRC Mayne takes a mark on our 50 and Hill runs around and Jones follows the tag and bumps into mayne taking the kick. That's 50 everyday of the week and twice on Saturday. Pav got done for something like that against the Eagles from memory.

1. Duffield takes a mark and Milne or Montagna steps over the mark by a meter or two and Duff points it out to the umpire and gets nothing.

2. IIRC Mayne takes a mark on our 50 and Hill runs around and Jones follows the tag and bumps into mayne taking the kick. That's 50 everyday of the week and twice on Saturday. Pav got done for something like that against the Eagles from memory.

I agree, but I really wish that was the only reason we lost. the umps probably didn't realise that the dockers were on the field at all.

And there were two others in the marking contest (I think Im_lazy was referring to) that were good tactically from a Saints perspective (be physical with our younger players etc.) but showed piss weak gutless umpiring. If Fyfe's done a shoulder out of it I may just snap completely.

Just our luck hey? We manage to draft one of the best marks in the league and he's going to end up with those post-op shoulders that don't allow you to lift your arms above your head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my guess is its the injury from when he dived to knock ball an guy fell on his shoulder a week or so ago.
So will play but will continue to have trouble with it until something is done about it.

my guess is its the injury from when he dived to knock ball an guy fell on his shoulder a week or so ago.
So will play but will continue to have trouble with it until something is done about it.
It was the Eagles Kennedy ,barrelled Fyfe after he got rid of the ball and was over the boundary line,cheap mongrel shot:mad:

Also, regarding the 50m penalties that should have gone our way when Fyfe, Mayne and Bradley were cleaned up after taking marks, if the first one had been paid (I think it was Mayne) then I doubt the Saints players would have continued to take our players out

Stamp out this thuggery from the first bounce ffs, rather than turn a blind eye to it - that's the only reason they kept taking our boys out

Bradley I've heard has got bruised ribs and Fyfe we already know about - he had his head looked at as well a couple times

Ballantyne was another (as previously mentioned) that got cleaned up a bit and had to go in to the rooms for a bit for treatment

None of it will get looked at - at least Harvey mentioned in the press-release because that kind of crap is not on

Also, there were more than just those 3 incidents of our players getting flattened after marking the ball - Bradley's opponent really ground him in to the turf as well

Also, regarding the 50m penalties that should have gone our way when Fyfe, Mayne and Bradley were cleaned up after taking marks, if the first one had been paid (I think it was Mayne) then I doubt the Saints players would have continued to take our players out

Stamp out this thuggery from the first bounce ffs, rather than turn a blind eye to it - that's the only reason they kept taking our boys out

There is no doubt they roughed us up a bit and it looked a bit of a tactic - and I don't mind that if it's done right and within the boundaries of the rules. And if they go over the line, then they should pay the price for their tactics. Not the only thing, but no doubt it helped put us on the back foot, and certainly affected players like Frodo and Fyfe.

In my dream team and surprised he played this week.

Your injury list......or the length of it is to blame here.

The kids a gun and looks the durable type to me, huge loss to you guys if he needs a reco. Just another trade to me if that happens.

All the same I hope he has just a strain that comes good. :thumbsu:

Well that is shattering if it's anything serious indeed.

I think we're also going to be down a couple due to suspension (knowing the MRP).

Palmer will be gone for front on contact to the head (first quarter) and don't be surprised to see Ballantyne gone for his late charge in the second quarter (the one where the free was reversed)

The reason most of this stuff occurred is because there was always a Saints player close by, so they could "be in the contest" and then get rough in it without causing a 50. Football is violent.

If you were to field a team of nancy teenagers that won't stand up for each other we get what we deserve I guess. The older, bigger Saints players just didn't give a flying F about our skinny team and our older bigger players couldn't give a flying FREMANTLE about supporting the skinny kids.

The captain of our team is just too soft and from there it flows down to all the senior players. Ibbo, Mundy, Crowley, Kepler, Johnson, McPharlin. You probably see these guys "fly the flag" about once every 3 seasons.

When we're relying on a 21yo DeBoer to fly the flag for our team.... what do you expect?

The reason most of this stuff occurred is because there was always a Saints player close by, so they could "be in the contest" and then get rough in it without causing a 50. Football is violent.

If you were to field a team of nancy teenagers that won't stand up for each other we get what we deserve I guess. The older, bigger Saints players just didn't give a flying F about our skinny team and our older bigger players couldn't give a flying FREMANTLE about supporting the skinny kids.

The captain of our team is just too soft and from there it flows down to all the senior players. Ibbo, Mundy, Crowley, Kepler, Johnson, McPharlin. You probably see these guys "fly the flag" about once every 3 seasons.

When we're relying on a 21yo DeBoer to fly the flag for our team.... what do you expect?

Have to agree with you Memories. You would have thought at least Crowley would be getting stuck in. Ballantyne did as usual and if McPhee was out there he throws his weight around as well.

Was immediately evident that the Saints had a simple agenda of smashing our players in every contest.

In a perfect world Fyfe shouldnt have played on the weekend.

Courageous young man.

Next captain, I wish Stephen Hill would look at him every now and then and learn a thing or two about hardness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Fyfe's Shoulder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back