G/F Replay on Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

OH NO, IT'S A DRAW.:p:eek:

Don't worry boys, we will thump em next week.:D:D

And shit, I haven't watched that last quarter too many times, but that Goddard mark still makes me a little sick in the stomach.

Last night was actually the first time I've watched the drawn GF (only really watched the last quarter) and boy I still had knots in my stomach!

I've now realised that all the talk of 'oh if there was 2 mins to go, saints would have won, they had all the momentum' is BULLSH!T. We had the ball down our end the same amount of times as the saints, if just one of those kicks at goal in the last 5 mins just went though the ponts sticks, we would have had em. Mazy's touch on the line to see a point go through instead of a goal - wow....wow! And then the pack mark he took just outside saints 50 mt line to send it back or Cloke to kick the goal - again...wow.

Ahhhh there's always next week :p

OH NO, IT'S A DRAW.:p:eek:

Don't worry boys, we will thump em next week.:D:D

And shit, I haven't watched that last quarter too many times, but that Goddard mark still makes me a little sick in the stomach.

cmon matty surely you can admit goddard is one of the best things going around and that grab in time-on of the last qtr in a close grand final is as huge as it gets. just appreciate it, knowing it didnt decide who the premiers were.

I've now realised that all the talk of 'oh if there was 2 mins to go, saints would have won, they had all the momentum' is BULLSH!T.

exactly - we had regained control after goddards mark & goal. the game flow had changed after that.

cmon matty surely you can admit goddard is one of the best things going around and that grab in time-on of the last qtr in a close grand final is as huge as it gets. just appreciate it, knowing it didnt decide who the premiers were.

exactly - we had regained control after goddards mark & goal. the game flow had changed after that.

Id say that BOTH teams would have been unlucky to lose at that stage. What the game was at that stage was a even contest. No side could claim they had the other.

Don't get me wrong, I think Goddard's mark could well be the greatest individual effort of any kind in any grand final, but at the time, it made me feel physically sick, as I thought we were "gone" with the rabble running all over us, and even now when I watch it that feeling comes back, just a little.

Just imagine the shit we would have got if we had lost that grand final, against THAT TEAM, come on man.:eek::p

It makes a little easier to watch now that we all know the result, but still, it's not a "fond moment" that I like to relive too many times.:)

Just watched it ....it was on again this arvo....God Maxwell did some inspitational things.....Go the Mighty Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

G/F Replay on Fox

Remove this Banner Ad

Back