Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

All this FA bull**** is only going to get worse with AFL wanting to reduce years of service before being eligible.

It's a bloody circus.

If this is what the players want and breaking contracts whenever they feel like it, then the clubs should be able to trade them to anywhere they feel like it as well.

Carlton held Gibbs to his contract, so rare !!

Don't read into the reported contract amounts. Players and their managers can't disclose figures so we'll never know. All I know for sure is Freo never offered Gov 1.2 million for 6 years. It was more like 850k for 5 years with a few bonuses here and there.
How do you know for sure? I was told their offer was very close to that and had wc not upped theirs by a couple hundred he was gone.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If the Eagles win on Saturday week, Gaff will have two weeks after that match to announce his decision if he is re-signing with the Eagles. If he hasn’t by then, I would think the signs would indicate he is leaving.

All this FA bull**** is only going to get worse with AFL wanting to reduce years of service before being eligible.

It's a bloody circus.

If this is what the players want and breaking contracts whenever they feel like it, then the clubs should be able to trade them to anywhere they feel like it as well.
Could only bring that in for players on a high enough salary as a club can't expect players on 150k to sell their house and move especially with family as well. American sports are different because their lowest pay are still like $1mill pa.

b3c41f2ba6e5cdb4924dd59f02a23473.png

I have nothing to add, I just wanted to post this demonic photo of Andrew Gaff.

No Gaff with them. You'd think he'd get in the photo too. Am i reading too much into this???

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180829-222330_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20180829-222330_Messenger.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would of been good to see a photo with all 3 together last night and if there isn't one then the players know.

I read that north want to offer Polec $3.5 million over 5 years ?? Where does this put the gaff deal now ? Or are they just dangling the carrot in front of anyone atm to see what they can attract ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No problems. We'll still have enough cash to get J. Kelly next year as well

Prob best its all annouced after finals. The club will know and ditto players and wouldn’t be suprised if they were told to keep it low key and concentrate on finals.
This is correct, the club already knows he will not be there next year. It is between three clubs with Hawthorn leading the race atm. I believe Essendon is the only other chance. West Coast will match and seek a trade.

We bottomed out after Judd, but the wheels were probably coming off just before he left, i think where in a lot better position, and Gaff probably isnt as important as Judd was to our team.

Gaff is a modern gut running mid....he can be replaced

Good luck finding McGoverns and darlings....

We will be ok...yes it will hurt but its not life n death for us....

We need sheed..ainsworth..ah chee qnd others to step up...

Sheed has taken a big step forward last two weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back