Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

Polec should go to North, as they have offered him a contract. how much coin do North have to play with? Do they get Gaff as well?
On a side note, i would love Polec at the Eagles, i feel he has just started to hit his straps and will be a gun in the next few years

I read that north want to offer Polec $3.5 million over 5 years ?? Where does this put the gaff deal now ? Or are they just dangling the carrot in front of anyone atm to see what they can attract ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IF, Gaff decides to leave surely he won't let the club get screwed with a late first round compo. Something would have to get worked out.

Don't read into the reported contract amounts. Players and their managers can't disclose figures so we'll never know. All I know for sure is Freo never offered Gov 1.2 million for 6 years. It was more like 850k for 5 years with a few bonuses here and there.

The Hun reporting that the compo pick for Gaff could be in the 20s. On the off chance he is still undecided, I hope that gives him pause for thought

Pick in the 20's for arguably one of the best outside mids ... meanwhile Carlton and Gold Coast are getting talked about for priority picks... started off at the end of the first and now some are reporting mid-firsts. Just for being shit!!!

System well and truly F'ed!!!!

Gaff is a restricted free agent , so if he goes , I hope we match the offer and force a trade (like Adelaide and Dangerfield) . The clubs he is being linked with won’t have high PSD picks either .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s be silly to accept a short contract with us over a long contract elsewhere. Offers like North’s won’t be there in 2 years. He hasn’t announced he’s staying, therefore he’s gone.
You're probably right - was just thinking aloud as to whether there was any way he may stay - more unlikely than likely now I would think?

Why is everyone expecting him to make a public call on whether he's staying a week after his father has major surgery?

Totally agree. All this speculation is ridiculous. To rely on anything that Jon 'I am the world's biggest moron' Ralph writes in The Herald-Sun is the akin to madness. That guy throws darts blindfolded and then makes assumptions. Like any agent or club official would speak to him.

Pick in the 20's for arguably one of the best outside mids ... meanwhile Carlton and Gold Coast are getting talked about for priority picks... started off at the end of the first and now some are reporting mid-firsts. Just for being shit!!!

System well and truly F'ed!!!!

No the Victorian AFL system is working perfectly.

Reward sh!t Vic teams and get the wealthy interstate teams to pay for it.

What's not to like?:cool::mad:

Gaff is a restricted free agent , so if he goes , I hope we match the offer and force a trade (like Adelaide and Dangerfield) . The clubs he is being linked with won’t have high PSD picks either .
I doubt we can afford it, besides imagine what the headlines are going to be if we sign him before finals are over. I can see it now, if we make it to the GF this will be the Melbourne papers in the days before

• BREAKING: Revelations West Coast has allegedly breached the salary just days out from a Grand Final appearance - Mark Stevens

• "West Coast Toast - The Gaff salary cap rort and how it cuts to the heart of a club culture in crisis" - John Ralph

• "Coasting on Thin Ice - Financial Arrogance at the centre of suspected salary cap breaches" - Rita Panini

Days later it'll be revealed that everything was above board, no breaches of the salary cap but the papers will "stand by it's journalistic integrity, and that the story doesn't end here...even though it sort of does"

Or maybe I'm just jaded..I dunno...

I doubt we can afford it, besides imagine what the headlines are going to be if we sign him before finals are over. I can see it now, if we make it to the GF this will be the Melbourne papers in the days before

• BREAKING: Revelations West Coast has allegedly breached the salary just days out from a Grand Final appearance - Mark Stevens

• "West Coast Toast - The Gaff salary cap rort and how it cuts to the heart of a club culture in crisis" - John Ralph

• "Coasting on Thin Ice - Financial Arrogance at the centre of suspected salary cap breaches" - Rita Panini

Days later it'll be revealed that everything was above board, no breaches of the salary cap but the papers will "stand by it's journalistic integrity, and that the story doesn't end here...even though it sort of does"

Or maybe I'm just jaded..I dunno...
Oh I agree that the Vic media love to pounce , and will find something to bring up again if we make the GF again
Eg more stuff about Cousins

But surely the FA period and therefore any announcement will be after the grand final .
Given Nic Nat is on the LTR , we may well be able to afford it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff - does he stay or go? Let me set the scene..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back