Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt the eagles would let him go but if he's made his mind up, Gaff is the player the bombers need. Would Myers plus 1st round pick do the job?? If not not Jetta/ 1st round pick would make eagles fans happy I think

Hope he stays. It would really hurt us if he left. #3 guernsey seems to be cursed or something. I think he might stay though. I really think all current vic players in our squad will be an eagle for life. Especially Shuey. You can really tell Shuey isn't going anywhere. It seems like he is really lovin it here in the west and like Rich, seems too genuine. He really loves some of the hype he's getting too, Shuey. Seems like it. I think Gaff will stay, really. The team is at a really exciting place atm. Darling, Gaff, Shuey, NicNat, Selwood, Smith... The future of west coast :)

Really Really Really

I doubt the eagles would let him go but if he's made his mind up, Gaff is the player the bombers need. Would Myers plus 1st round pick do the job?? If not not Jetta/ 1st round pick would make eagles fans happy I think

Heppell plus first round :D

Judd nominated Carlton, and you had to deal in their terms.

Anything stopping Gaff from nominating where he wants to go ? that'll throw your supply Vs demand out of the window. I guess its fair to say this will result in a weaker position for you guys in the trade table.
actually, Judd nominated Carlton, and west coast fielded an offer from Richmond, who had the number 1 pick in the draft. Had it been better than car tons, Judds choices would have been to go to richmond for nothing, or for compensation for west coast

So even if gaff elects a side, unless that side has the number 1 pick, the eagles have some leverage to get a decent deal. And if that side is from Adelaide or Sydney, that may be considerable leverage

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so please excuse me if I go over something someone already has....
This is old news.
I have heard (from some reliable sources in WAFL circles) that Gaff is unhappy that he hasn't been given the "same opportunities" as other higher-rated rookies at West Coast and has expressed intentions to return to Melbourne to get "a fair go".
The Ego Has Landed.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread so please excuse me if I go over something someone already has....
This is old news.
I have heard (from some reliable sources in WAFL circles) that Gaff is unhappy that he hasn't been given the "same opportunities" as other higher-rated rookies at West Coast and has expressed intentions to return to Melbourne to get "a fair go".
The Ego Has Landed.
What other high rated rookies?

The only draftee from last season getting regular games is Darling. From 2009 none are yet getting regular games.

Gaff has played a few games this year and it is incumbent upon him to maintain his place in the side.

If he really is having a baw and wants to move back home then I call that shocking character from a young player.

This is old news.
The Ego Has Landed.
He can get ****ed if that's the case.

This is old news.
The Ego Has Landed.

Not having a go or suggesting you're lying but I reckon that's BS.

actually, Judd nominated Carlton, and west coast fielded an offer from Richmond, who had the number 1 pick in the draft. Had it been better than car tons, Judds choices would have been to go to richmond for nothing, or for compensation for west coast

So even if gaff elects a side, unless that side has the number 1 pick, the eagles have some leverage to get a decent deal. And if that side is from Adelaide or Sydney, that may be considerable leverage

Actually mate carlton had the 1st pick and would'nt part with it as they wanted kruezer...

Not having a go or suggesting you're lying but I reckon that's BS.

Have been hearing that rumour a fair bit lately, so there could be some truth to it. On the other hand it could have just been started by someone and everyones just been repeating the same rumour.

Hate all the BS you hear around this time of year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In short no, in long hellllllllllllllllll nooooooooooooooooo

Garlett and pick 14 isnt a bad start. But I think that would have to turn into Garlett and a top 10 pick for us to consider it.

Garlett and pick 14 isnt a bad start. But I think that would have to turn into Garlett and a top 10 pick for us to consider it.

Cruize Garlett hasn't really done that much so far though and personally don't think he's much chop

Have been hearing that rumour a fair bit lately, so there could be some truth to it. On the other hand it could have just been started by someone and everyones just been repeating the same rumour.

Hate all the BS you hear around this time of year.

I've heard different variations of the rumour. That particular version just seems so exaggerated and highly unlikely, he'd have to be a massive tool. All accounts prior to the draft also suggested Gaff was a very decent bloke so so much just doesn't add up. TPM's account seems much more possible and believable.

If he had a problem with not getting games anyway I daresay that problem will vanish soon given he's in the 22 and stringing together good performances. He could easily hold his spot for the season and maybe even play finals.

As Mattman said though, if those particular rumours are true (which I doubt), I wouldn't want him at the club anyway.

This is old news.
The Ego Has Landed.

That is just crap.

Anybody who knows him would say he is a great young fella without a big ego.

Most young kids do get homesick in their first year but most get over it and stay at their original club.

That is just crap.

Most young kids do get homesick in their first year but most get over it and stay at their original club.
If true then fantastic news.

He really looks like he can play, it would be devastating as a supporter to lose a player who looks like being a potential top line midfield talent especially for the noted reason.

When Judd left it was shattering but we got fantastic service out of him, at least if Gaff one day wants to go home it would be great if he hangs about with the club at least till he has really achieved something.

If true then fantastic news.

He really looks like he can play, it would be devastating as a supporter to lose a player who looks like being a potential top line midfield talent especially for the noted reason.

When Judd left it was shattering but we got fantastic service out of him, at least if Gaff one day wants to go home it would be great if he hangs about with the club at least till he has really achieved something.

Minimum Brownlow, Norm Smith and Premiership Captain so until he achieves that he can't leave :p

Wouldn't look too much into this. Gary Rohan when he first came up to Sydney had "concerns" about living away from home, now in his second year he just resigned for three years. Unless someone offers above market value for him and make WC an offer they can't refuse he will be staying.

Ignoring your patronizing crap aside,

Not getting pick 1 for the best player in AFL is a fail. Whichever way you spin it. If you consider this to be a win, ;), well, I will leave it at that. Thread's not about Judd, so no more digression.

And you wonder why I call you a troll.:cool:

So if in your opinion the Judd trade was a fail how do you describe the Fevola debarcle?

Josh Kennedy would be in the top 5 kp forwards in the comp at this time and he's 23. He will be peaking nicely at 25 when the Eagles are serious contenders.

That is just crap.

Completely true. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Gaff wants to go back to melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back