Roast "GAMDEDAY!" – MFC Media Dept

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear Members,

Following the media speculation last night regarding Christian Petracca, I want to take the opportunity to provide clarity to you all.

Christian is an integral and much-loved member of the Melbourne Football Club. He is a key pillar of our club’s future, and we value him immensely, not only as a player, but as a person and a leader.

He has been an important member of our football program since he walked through the doors in 2014 and is contracted until the end of the 2029 season. He will remain in the red and blue until at least the end of his contract and hopefully beyond.

Following his season-ending injury in June, Christian is still very much in a recovery and rehabilitation period and his health and well-being remain the club’s priority. He recently spent some time away in Noosa with his fiancé Bella, and I know staff, players, coaches and our supporters were thrilled to see him back at the club late last week as he commenced some very light training.

As we approach the end of the season, we have commenced discussions with a cross section of players, coaches and staff within our football program to discuss the improvements we need to make to return to the level we expect from our AFL program.

The 2024 season has been disappointing for us all and we must quickly turn our attention to what is required moving forward, both on and off the field, to ensure we climb back up the ladder.

A key part of this process is openly discussing any opportunities we identify where we can seek to improve. Over recent weeks there have been conversations with many of our leaders, Christian included, about our opportunities for growth. These conversations have been open and constructive, with the purpose of ensuring that together we achieve the success we know our AFL program is capable of.

Conversations like these are a regular part of footy and will continue over the next few weeks, as we map out a clear path towards ensuring our AFL program is back in finals contention in 2025.

Importantly, this process starts now, and Goody, Max and the entire football program look forward to finishing the season strongly and playing a brand of footy that makes you, our members, proud over the coming two weeks.

Regards,
Gary Pert

Letter ^ for those who aren't members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown tribute with an avant-garde editing decision to remove the audio from most of the clips in the video.

That is shameful. It’s so unprofessional
That was my initial reaction but then I realised the media guy hit publish at 5pm and walked straight out of the office.

Inspiring stuff.

I expect he had some really good stuff in there too. The intro with the compilation of all the set shots. I wonder how he merged all the commentary? I guess we'll never know.

Ben Brown tribute with an avant-garde editing decision to remove the audio from most of the clips in the video.

It says 'Ben Brown in Vision', not 'Ben Brown in Sound'.

:sneaky:

That was my initial reaction but then I realised the media guy hit publish at 5pm and walked straight out of the office.

Inspiring stuff.
Now that you say it like that, it’s a decent effort

It says 'Ben Brown in Vision', not 'Ben Brown in Sound'.

:sneaky:
Should still say Ben Brown in a decent amount of vision and occasional strange jolts of largely unrelated sound.

Then I could get on board with the artistic vision

Should still say Ben Brown in a decent amount of vision and occasional strange jolts of largely unrelated sound.

Then I could get on board with the artistic vision
Oh I didn't watch the whole thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast "GAMDEDAY!" – MFC Media Dept

Remove this Banner Ad

Back