Game of the Year - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle Gold Coast the one where Des Headland kicked 6

Sydney - GWS, second qualifying final.

GWS forced Sydney to bring their best, and they delivered in spades. Brought the best out of Isaac Heeney and most of that Sydney midfield and front half. Was awesome.

Sydney - GWS, second qualifying final.

GWS forced Sydney to bring their best, and they delivered in spades. Brought the best out of Isaac Heeney and most of that Sydney midfield and front half. Was awesome.
Makes me wonder why they couldn't execute and perform at the grand final (easy answer being Brisbane wouldn't let them).

GWS were my danger team and could have made it to the grand final if not for their capitulation against the Swans.

Finals: Geelong vs Brisbane (just an unbelievably good game)

Regular season: R19 Swans v Brisbane 77 - 79 (the grand final preview was much better than the real thing)

Most satisfying: R22 Essendon v Gold Coast 86 - 87 (Mac Andrew goal after the siren to sink Essendons finals hopes)

Geelong Brisbane PF was a much better quality game than GWS Brisbane SF.

GWS Brisbane was actually quite low intensity for a finals game at stages of the match. Was an amazing turnaround by Brisbane but quality wasn't as high. No atmosphere from the crowd either.

In the last few mins of Geelong Brisbane we had:

• O Henry kick a goal for Geelong to take back the lead
  • Brisbane kick two quick goals to go back to 11 points up
  • Game should be over but Geelong have two huge chances to force a final centre bounce with Mitch Duncan being run down and Rhys Stanley missing from almost straight in front

Instant classic.

the 4 games I loved not involving Essendon or Brisbane:

Power v Dees Round 3 - multiple lead changes and went right to the wire
Bulldogs v Hawks Round 8 - Sicily's superman game with a bung shoulder, Calsher Dear's debut story and a great game
Pies v Blues Round 21 - Pendles 400th pretty special night even for a neutral and a classic game
Port v Hawks Semi Final - classic finals footy even though Kenny was a fruitcake afterwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two that come to minds are the two that saw Essendon throw their season away vs Adelaide & Gold Coast.

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels
0-60 v Briz a clear front runner
tv land poke GIF by YoungerTV

The Port Geelong game where Port got out to a massive lead but Geelong came back in the second half to just fall short was pretty good.
I thought the Hawthorn game against Port in Round 11 was better, Hawthorn destroyed Port early leading by 41 points, but somehow Port pinched it in the dying seconds, having to kick 2 goals in 25 seconds.

The Geelong/Brisbane Prelim was the best game I saw this year.

The most exciting was North Melbourne/Collingwood because the first half was the best football we've played in five seasons.

Its gotta be Port vs St Kilda.

The game where Ken Hinkley proved his doubters wrong once and for all and an unbelievably connected game against a really tough side in Melbourne. The emotional outpouring after the game and the way the players pulled together for that important win is something I'll never forget. The very best of football.

the prelim- Geelong v lions.
great edge of seat game...with Geelong getting booted to top it all off.
epic game

Easy Brisbane Geelong prelim.

One I absolutely loved was Sydney Essendon round 2, for 3 and a half quarters until they blew us out but great ball movement, entertaining goals and contests. Swans were clinical and tough. One of the few home and away games with some tension in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game of the Year - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back