FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets not forget them completely changing the look of Kings Landing in S8

king-s-landing-reddit-1557407852.jpg

To be fair they shot themselves in the foot with those earlier shots as the later shots make more sense.

Sorry, add Redletter Media to the group. The holy trinity of astuteness

Redletter Media are garbage who attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator by shitting on anything new because it's not as good as the things they liked when they were oung.

Redletter Media are garbage who attempt to appeal to the lowest common denominator by shitting on anything new because it's not as good as the things they liked when they were oung.
So who in your esteemed opinion are the best youtube critics?

RedLetterMedia give most of what they watch a pass mark. They don't usually do hate watching.

RedLetterMedia give most of what they watch a pass mark. They don't usually do hate watching.

I've watched maybe two of their videos in the last year, shitting on the new Star Trek and something else, they think they're a lot funnier than they are.

The Critical Drinker is a poor man's Harry Plinkett with a forced insistence on blaming anything progressive for what he doesn't like
He's not the best out there but I like he's ideas here. Pays off what was set up without giving a completely happy ending.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've watched maybe two of their videos in the last year, shitting on the new Star Trek and something else, they think they're a lot funnier than they are.

RedLetterMedia dislike new Star Trek but did a Plinkett video in May 2020 on why and haven't touched it since.

You might like these Lindsay Ellis videos if you have 154 minutes free

That second video is great. It goes into detail on pretty much all the many story and character threads that were ruined, neglected, or made a lie of. Too many to try to write about in a post, but that 1 hr video explores them all and shows why in the end GoT is actually not that good of a TV show....the show was failed not only by the obvious season 8, but if you go back season by season, each season actually kept failing prior seasons.

I was reading a great imdb review of Mad Men, and the guy was so right about something....mad men is the best tv show ever because it doesnt have to rely on whizz bang action and subversions and sensationalist back-stabbings and red weddings etc, GoT lived off of it, and fans went ape over that, easy to seduce them with it, but really thats weak writing, shows a dearth of substance and true character development and character understanding, whereas Mad Men excels so much without having to resort to baubles of sensationalism. Etc etc.

That second video above is on the mark. Season 8 is so bad that when you analyze why it failed the show, you realize the whole show was failing itself from season to season really.

That certainly offers up a much more logical conclusion to the show. The entre Battle of Winterfell and its aftermath made zero sense, I remember thinking after it that Cersei must win, and would probably rock up at Winterfell with all her forces at the start of the next episode. But of course that didn't happen, because I didn't realise how completely meaningless and forgotten everything in the Battle of Winterfell episode would become.

One that miffed me was Jon kills Dany and Greyworm walks in, sees his queen dead and just decides to make Jon a prisoner rather than trying to kill him on the spot. Since when did an unsullied, who's loyal to his Queen, suddenly start caring about due process and right to a fair trial in a foreign country?

Last edited:
One that miffed me was Jon kills Dany and Greyworm walks in, sees his queen dead and just decides to make Jon a prisoner rather than trying to kill him on the spot. Since when did an unsullied, who's loyal to his Queen, suddenly start caring about due process and right to a fair trial in a foreign country?
Needed to grow some balls

Yes or no?

No, I think the ST is attrocious and those comments are well documented on this board.

I guess the reason you might not know that is that now that it's finished I don't find the need to spend hours of my time complaining about them over and over. I moved on with my life.

No, I think the ST is attrocious and those comments are well documented on this board.

I guess the reason you might not know that is that now that it's finished I don't find the need to spend hours of my time complaining about them over and over. I moved on with my life.
I don’t read Star Wars forums So I have no idea. i Couldnt even make it more then 25 mins through the last movie without turning it off it was so terrible.

That second video is great. It goes into detail on pretty much all the many story and character threads that were ruined, neglected, or made a lie of. Too many to try to write about in a post, but that 1 hr video explores them all and shows why in the end GoT is actually not that good of a TV show....the show was failed not only by the obvious season 8, but if you go back season by season, each season actually kept failing prior seasons.
This was somewhat inevitable. Season 1 was the most true to the books, as A Game of Thrones (the book) is the most self contained of them all. There's Dany off on her own, Jon at the wall and the Starks in two spots. From book 2 you've got more and more side characters and plots. So they just started leaving stuff out more and more. The problem is they obviously didn't have it planned out well which bits from season to season they'd ditch/modify as they included in season 1 foreshadowing like 'When the Sun rises in the West and sets in the East', which is about Quentyn Martell (Prince of Dorne's son who we don't even get in the show), where Dorne is the Sun and he's sent to woo Dany and dies trying to tame a dragon in A Dance with Dragons. By the time they then get to having only an outline from GRRM they're in over their heads and just rushed it.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Game of Thrones - season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back