Game Day Gameday thread - West Coast Eagles v Western Bulldogs. 7:40pm AEST Patterson Stadium

Who will win

• West Coast > 30 points

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • West Coast < 30 points

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Western Bulldogs > 30 points

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Western Bulldogs < 30 points

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Draw (no Jack Watts options here)...

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking off the game day thread.

Rules

- Abuse will not be tolerated in any form - instant forum ban
- Trolling by opposition supporters will not be tolerated - instant forum ban
- any comments that are unsavoury, derogatory etc will result in a thread ban. play the ball, not the man.

Formalities aside

- The Western Bulldogs take on the West Coast Eagles at Patterson Stadium in what hopes to be a victory to celebrate Bob Murphy's 250th game

Conditions -
35 degrees
50% chance of rain
36% humidity
19 km p/h winds

No formal announcements to any team changes just yet.

Go Bob, Go Dogs...

Last edited:
Look forward to our season starting and seeing how our forward line structure and our new recruits. Going to be tough over there but I reckon we are a chance.

I would be much more comfortable if Griff was playing. Getting those pre-match nerves now :p

Could we hope for a last minute inclusion with Griff being 110% fit :p

Could we hope for a last minute inclusion with Griff being 110% fit :p
It could be like a movie. Smoke fills up he race, only to have Griff run through it in slow motion.

We'd get fined, but it would be worth it.

Our last game vs WCE on fox now.

It could be like a movie. Smoke fills up he race, only to have Griff run through it in slow motion.

We'd get fined, but it would be worth it.

tumblr_m6hbi2TYZ31rwcc6bo1_400.gif

It's perhaps the most experienced line up we could field if you except Griff (inj) and Smith (almost recovered) and Williams (prob inj). So that experience on a long trip in a hostile and parochial environment may have been a very significant factor for MC as well as preseason form. Ok, we're a bit undersized in defence and we need to win the ruck and midfield to win the game but we do have a lot of midfield rotations and players who can go forward or back. I think we can and will do it.:rainbow:
Edit: and Grant (inj) and Jones (?)

Last edited:
I think this is a good game to start Gia as sub. Its a hot day, we've got a heap of mids in and were trying to run them off their feet so no better time for Gia to come on then in the 3rd when everyones tired and add some class and kick a few goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eagles board talking about winning by more than 12 goals so they can get top of the ladder. Won't burst their bubble an hurt their heads by saying % doesn't work like that :p

Tough first game of the season, however I think it will be closer than what people think.

Also, what is with the 7.40pm (Melbourne time) start?. I'm all for the WA teams playing crappy twilight matches, but at least make it on a Saturday.

Our last game vs WCE on fox now.

Watching us smash them in all the key stats. So what's different?

It's in Perth, we don't have Griffen but we do have Crameri, they have Natanui, but not 100% by the sound of it.

All their other tall forwards were playing, Morris dominated Kennedy, Darling was a pussy, Cox looked old.

They were playing for a place in the finals, we were playing for pride.

Let's send out some positive vibes, guys, we can do it!

Tough first game of the season, however I think it will be closer than what people think.

Also, what is with the 7.40pm (Melbourne time) start?. I'm all for the WA teams playing crappy twilight matches, but at least make it on a Saturday.
Is this the first ever real twilight game in Perth? Usually twilight games in perth are over by, well,when it is perth twilight.....

This wait has been even more painful than I imagined it would be. What a horrible way to start the year, all the games split up like this.

At least we're under the 3 hour mark now.

Will be having my Dogs scarf on watching the Dogs on telly. Can't wait to go to our first home game next Sunday.

Just play Coons on Cox all day.
We all know Cox can't out ruck Cooney so he won't be able to out mark him!
Geez, you lose the tap to Cooney once and it haunts you for the rest of your life.

466639-dean-cox.jpg

We've really rolled the dice here.
Hopefully we can kick enough red-time goals to account for any size differences in our backline. Really need the smalls to push up and provide leading targets while splitting their taller defenders (Glass is quick enough to play small).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back