Gary Ablett vid

Remove this Banner Ad

copernicus said:
Yeah it's gotta be 91. Amazing to think his best footy came after that time! I would love to see a copy of his '94 season but I doubt if there'd be a copy encoded for region 1 DVD players.

I'm pretty sure there was a highlights video of Geelongs 94 season which is packed with Ablett highlights. I'll have a squizz when I get home coz if there is one, I'll have it. I know there was one from 1992 but there is definately another one there I think it was called 'Classy Cats' or something like that.

cranypete said:
does anyone know who won the competition he had on his website to wina date with him
I think you might be thinking of his son.

After Alicia Horan, I doubt a competition to win a date with GA snr would be very wise, although I'd certainly enter.

Just finished watching it - sensational stuff, even if my battered Tigers played the Washington General's to Gazza's Harlem Globetrotter for about half the running time [at one point he is running just inches away from a Tiger player over about 30 metres taking bounces with absolute contempt. Sums up my recollection of the late 80s from a Richmond perspective].

He was the best thing about footy in that era and I always watched the televised Cats games in the hope that he'd do something freakish. This video brings back plenty of memories.

LongBomb and Silver Cat,

Thanks so much!!

That footage is absolutely priceless. Really. It's priceless. Hopefully someone puts out a comprehensive Gazza DVD one day, but if it never happens, at least I've got this.

Thanks again.

:)

Devilcat said:
Hey, I downloaded it. Averaged about 100kb. Will keep on seeding for a few days... Got a cap on downloads/uploads so cant seed for too long...
Just wondering, does channel 7 own this footage? If it were broadcast in a pub or hotel would there be copyright issues?
soon as i download it i plan to show the punters down at where i work. They'll go nuts over it. There's a few cops that drink there so it should be sweet. Thanks again to everyone who seeded this, i think your sharing a legacy with the younger generation, and hopefully this video gets a bit of exposure around the place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

iameviljez said:
Thankyou to Seansheep for your generosity.
I just watched the thing then. It is sheer, utter, FOOTBALL pr0n.
The self abusing xxx kind.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
It brought back alot of great memories of Gaz.
How good was this guy?:thumbsu: :thumbsu:
Special thanks to all the people involved great work guys.:thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Did anyone else spot the irony in the 1989 PF?
There's one part where where a Bombers player is about to make a clearing kick from the fifty. In the moment where he has dropped the ball from hand to foot, Gazza has flown in from nowhere to snatch it off his, turn, and hit a laces-out pass straight to Robert Scott who marks fifteen metres out. Pure magic.

I could be wrong, but the Bombers player looks eerily familiar to me... think he might have a career in coaching myself. I'm not watching it now, so I can't make sure.

After watching the video again (and again and again) I can confirm that the player actually IS Mark Thompson.
I think it's probably submit your favourite moment in the video time; mine's probably in the section that's aroundabout 1985 when he took the ball, Bruce Doull sandwiched him on the boundary, did pretty much everything right, when Ablett snapped across his body from the fifty and it went through post-high. Second to that is probably that moment against Collingwood when he missed the specky, followed it up, burned off an opponent and booted one from fifty-five.
What a legend.

Well I finally got there.

Thanks to Longbomb and anybody else who helped to get this available. Simply magic guys.

Also a big thanks who responded to my initial tech support questions. All the combinations eventually got me over the line.

I am showing my age but I have few memories of Gaz before say 93. It was great to get an early glimpse. He truly was an will always be the greatest. My vivid memories are of him at FF, but to see him off a flank and a wing is great. He was so mercurial. Truly unique. I was trying to think of him compared to some modern day players.

Kicking: The only player like him at the moment would be Akermanis for mine. Great off both sides, and exceptionally long.

Marking: Nobdy is coming close in this day and age.

Pace: Plenty of quick blokes around at the moment but few with his unique body shape, maybe Riccuito.

Flooding or no flooding. Contested or Uncontested he would still be every bit as good today as he was then.

Have you ever seen a right footer snap more left foot goals?

Great stuff. I am going to go watch it again.

copernicus said:
Yeah it's gotta be 91. Amazing to think his best footy came after that time! I would love to see a copy of his '94 season but I doubt if there'd be a copy encoded for region 1 DVD players.

Sorry about the delay but I have found the video. It is called Classy Cats and is a highlights package of Geelongs 1994 season. This followed Cat Attack in 1992, One Special Season in 1993 and was followed by Cool Cats in 1995. All were released by Australian Football Video so they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Is anyone still seeding this? Mini nova shows no seeds.

Really want to show my old man this he will love it

I'm using Azureas and it's still showing seeds. I've got 50mb to go but it's slowed down to a bloody trickle for me, hope for it to be done tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gary Ablett vid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back