Toast Gary Rohan (150 games)... NOW 200 is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking back, arguably that mark and goal in the QF won us the flag.

Regardless of what he did prior to and after that game, he became somewhat of a Geelong legend that day. No Cat fan will forget it.

Last edited:
Looking back, arguably that mark and goal in the QF won us the flag.

Regardless of what he did prior to and after that game, he became somewhat of a Geelong legend that day. No Cat fan will forget it.
The combination of mark and goal was pretty exceptional to be honest.

The mark was probably a 1 in 10 chance for most players.

And that kick was about as pure as you can hit it. I don’t know if I have seen a better executed kick under massive pressure. He kicked it from 55m, and it was never in doubt. Laser straight through the absolute middle of the goals and made th distance with ease. Did not deviate at all.

The kick is probably better than the mark, and that is saying a lot.

I don't understand how this bloke gets bagged. He is easily in the first half dozen players I would pick every single week. His attack on the footy, chase down tackling, perceived pressure, providing a target is all top notch. In my opinion we are much worse off when he is not in the side, and it showed last Saturday night how important and good he makes us when he is. We are just a much better team with him in it.

Here's to the 200, and I hope still at least another year more.

I don't understand how this bloke gets bagged. He is easily in the first half dozen players I would pick every single week. His attack on the footy, chase down tackling, perceived pressure, providing a target is all top notch. In my opinion we are much worse off when he is not in the side, and it showed last Saturday night how important and good he makes us when he is. We are just a much better team with him in it.

Here's to the 200, and I hope still at least another year more.
Measurement bias. We applaud the things we can measure and ignore the things we can't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, bumping this thread with an updated titled

Congrats to Chuckie who plays game #200 this week - 106 of them for Sydney, with this being his 94th in the hoops. He's done it the hard way to reach this mark, playing 20+ games only once across his 15 seasons at the top level.
Just getting to 200 senior games in the AFL/VFL puts you within the top 5% of players in terms of longevity. And it's been an exceptional effort when you consider the obstacles he's faced just getting on the field for long parts of the journey. So to still be turning up the heat to 11 in your 200th game is a real achievement for mine.

Considering the 'cost' involved, truly one of the best recruits we've had since the premiership era began. Has made major contributions in pivotal moments and never fails to give it his all when he's out there in the hoops.

#thehunter
#onyachuck

I posted this in the draft thread, it is more appropriate here!!

His performance against Collingwood in 2022 must go down as one of the most influential individual performances by a cat in history. Without it we don't make the grand final and miss out on a premiership.

We owe him a premiership.... As simple as that. And for this, he should be considered a Geelong legend!

Damn, wish he'd been able to get to 100 games for Geelong.

Great pick up overall, that Collingwood Quarter Final performance will forever be iconic. I've lost count of how many times I've watched a replay of his final term mark and goal.
With Tomahawk retiring, I thought this guy should get another 1 year. If we lose one of Neale or Jezza next season, we need another marking forward, at least with this guy he had pace. Think it was a mistake to delist him, considering is pace. But maybe the club knew more, maybe the skull injury is quite severe, and it puts the club at risk, who knows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Gary Rohan (150 games)... NOW 200 is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back