Toast Gary Rohan (150 games)... NOW 200 is up

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking back, arguably that mark and goal in the QF won us the flag.

Regardless of what he did prior to and after that game, he became somewhat of a Geelong legend that day. No Cat fan will forget it.

Last edited:
Looking back, arguably that mark and goal in the QF won us the flag.

Regardless of what he did prior to and after that game, he became somewhat of a Geelong legend that day. No Cat fan will forget it.
The combination of mark and goal was pretty exceptional to be honest.

The mark was probably a 1 in 10 chance for most players.

And that kick was about as pure as you can hit it. I don’t know if I have seen a better executed kick under massive pressure. He kicked it from 55m, and it was never in doubt. Laser straight through the absolute middle of the goals and made th distance with ease. Did not deviate at all.

The kick is probably better than the mark, and that is saying a lot.

I don't understand how this bloke gets bagged. He is easily in the first half dozen players I would pick every single week. His attack on the footy, chase down tackling, perceived pressure, providing a target is all top notch. In my opinion we are much worse off when he is not in the side, and it showed last Saturday night how important and good he makes us when he is. We are just a much better team with him in it.

Here's to the 200, and I hope still at least another year more.

I don't understand how this bloke gets bagged. He is easily in the first half dozen players I would pick every single week. His attack on the footy, chase down tackling, perceived pressure, providing a target is all top notch. In my opinion we are much worse off when he is not in the side, and it showed last Saturday night how important and good he makes us when he is. We are just a much better team with him in it.

Here's to the 200, and I hope still at least another year more.
Measurement bias. We applaud the things we can measure and ignore the things we can't.

One of the best moments in modern day Cats history... congrats on 200 games, Gary!

Something I've never realized was that Lipinski didn't man the mark, he pulled back allowing Tuohy to play on, which gave the kick and an extra 10 metres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gary has been a fantastic aquisition for us. No rohan in 2022 QF = no 2022 flag. The amount of fear he instills into opposition defenders is elite, like a great white shark attacking from behind. Love your work gary and all the best for your 200th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back