Gavin Wanganeen to be inducted into AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight according to 10 news. All the news has been about Carey, I don't think I've seen Gav mentioned here yet?

Anyway, congrats Gav, another accolade. :thumbsu:

Congrats Gavin. One of all time greats, a top ten indigenous player regardless of what some w***er journo thinks, and probably the best player to play for us in the AFL. :thumbsu:

Definitely my favourite player as well, truly an absolute Port Adelaide and AFL legend. There'll never be another Wanganeen.

(although Zaharakis from Essendon reminds me a lot of him, nowhere near as good though!)

Was a double All Australian, Brownlow Medallist, SANFL & AFL premiership winner by just after his 20th birthday. Not many players have managed the accolades he won so early in his career.

One of my favourite ever players. Gets unfairly maligned for being a diver but in reality, was one of the most courageous players ive ever had the pleasure of seeing and earned 9 out of 10 free kicks he won just from putting himself in harms way, where a lot of other players wouldnt put their bodies.

Champion. Still miss him.

Congratulations to Gavin Wanganeen and his family. A thoroughly deserved accolade for a great person and tremendous footballer.

Fitting recognition for a Port Legend. Congrats Gav!

As an aside, do you think Tredrea will make it to the HOF? Really hope he does.

Enjoy some highlights of Wangas magic.

[YOUTUBE]7PW1yuUArnM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rai1HeRDV28[/YOUTUBE]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Article now on the website

Wanganeen 'Lost For Words'
By Katrina Gill 10:11 PM Thu 03 June, 2010

link

FORMER Port Adelaide and Essendon star Gavin Wanganeen says he's humbled by his induction into the prestigious Australian Football Hall of Fame.

link

His 10 minutes of madness in the GF will give me a boner forever.

Throw in his last quarter of the 2004 prelim and you've got the greatest half hour package of Australian Rules Football highlights you'd ever want to see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gavin Wanganeen to be inducted into AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Back