Universal Love GC2015's man cave of Gold Coast SUNS positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy to see both Alex Davies and Joel Jeffrey playing well in the firsts. Both big athletes with so much potential. Starting to see glimpses of Davies ability to burst from tackles and JJ has probably the second most X factor on our list behind Mac.

A lot of turnover last year and probably more at the end of this year, but we have some genuine depth for once.

Missing from the last game were Walter, Rogers, Graham, Witts, Rosas, Wil the Dill and Holman. All of them have had good games in the AFL, plus the usual reserves like Rat, Ellis, Budda, Levi, the Crab, Farrar, and throw in Read as well. Pressure on spots, for real.

And shout out to Alex Rigby as well. Always some luck involved, but the injury list has looked pretty good overall for a couple of years. Matt Rowell played every game in 2022, every game in 2023, and every game so far this year. Miracle level stuff.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by HBO Max

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping to see will Graham up the front of time trials come day 1 pre-season. Think he's a good endurance base away from being an absolute A grader. Normally you would give the new players a few years but he seems to be fast tracking his progress nicely. He's tough, quick, clean just needs to be able to do it for more of the game.

Hoping to see will Graham up the front of time trials come day 1 pre-season. Think he's a good endurance base away from being an absolute A grader. Normally you would give the new players a few years but he seems to be fast tracking his progress nicely. He's tough, quick, clean just needs to be able to do it for more of the game.
Luckily an endurance base is one of the easier things to build. His first few steps can be absolutely electric so if he can front up as a 70-30 mid/forward, we have a big point of difference in our midfield going forward. Excellent season for young Wilba.

Could project into Jack Viney I reckon. Viney has learnt some MMA/BJJ from his brother Max.

Leo & Graham would be a very strong midfield in a few years

I remember my young fella playing against him in U15s. One of his Burleigh teammates was pretty full of himself and though he was a hardnut. He got caught and tackled by Will Graham and l remember him coming off the ground crying and he was too scared to go back on.

Sent from my SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

so, with the ladder finished, i thought i would have a go at who our double ups will be from each of the top 6/middle 6/bottom 6 for next year

top 6 - brisbane as per normal for a second qclash , and and GWS as we seem to get 2 matches more often than not

middle 6 - freo as they love to send us to perth , and collingwood as of the rest we have played them the least amount of times all up

bottom 6 - adelaide as they love to send us to adelaide, and North melbourne as they will hope we dont stuff it up in 2025 (this may be the gather round game)

so based on that, 23 games, i cant see a match we lose. 23-0

1724657846980.png

so, with the ladder finished, i thought i would have a go at who our double ups will be from each of the top 6/middle 6/bottom 6 for next year

top 6 - brisbane as per normal for a second qclash , and and GWS as we seem to get 2 matches more often than not

middle 6 - freo as they love to send us to perth , and collingwood as of the rest we have played them the least amount of times all up

bottom 6 - adelaide as they love to send us to adelaide, and North melbourne as they will hope we dont stuff it up in 2025 (this may be the gather round game)

so based on that, 23 games, i cant see a match we lose. 23-0

View attachment 2092570

2 matches against Richmond I reckon, Dusty Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love GC2015's man cave of Gold Coast SUNS positivity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back