GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Macedon on top in the macs, so much for Pud not being any help as coach :D

Wow
What exactly does a cricket coach do on game day?
They are there to run training and thats about it.
Good luck to macedon if they are on top but it still doesnt change my opinion about their coach.
What about you hawk are you still playing ?
You would be the size of mt macedon by now wouldnt you ?
Merry christmas fat boy and dont over indulge in the eating department to much .

Wow
Good luck to macedon if they are on top but it still doesnt change my opinion about their coach.
Merry christmas fat boy and dont over indulge in the eating department to much .

wow how mature, coming back with incorrect insults when someone has highlighted a valid point, enjoy your red card.

As for pud, he's made a massive difference, training is well structured now, there is a selection criteria, and he has been able to offer guidance to the younger blokes coming through both as coach and as captain of our seconds. Due to the above there has been a massive attitude shift within the whole club, which is coming through in our top grade results.

Wow

Ouch, that hurts.
Thanks for enquiring about my health and well being.
As a matter of fact I've managed to waddle out for 3 or 4 games this season, not bad for a 43 year old overweight bloke to be still getting a game for a team going well in the macs, and now that my son's football commitments are over I'm planning on playing out the rest of the season.
Hopefully I'll be able to get through the season without having a coronary out on the park, seeing I'm as big as the mount now.
Better get back to the leftovers before they're all gone.:rolleyes:

Maybe Woodend could look at doing something similar, as I'm sure naked shenanigans from a past captain of one of the lower grades in the club of a Thursday night would quite possibly reach young ears as well!
Not a good look (figuratively or literally)

Has this reached you tube yet? Dry nights at woodend, great idea, we can get some clowns , play pin the tail, and serve jelly and ice cream. Sorry I thought it was a men's league.

Has this reached you tube yet? Dry nights at woodend, great idea, we can get some clowns , play pin the tail, and serve jelly and ice cream. Sorry I thought it was a men's league.
too right georgie, tweezers the only reason it would reach younger ears is because you are shootin your mouth off, its over although the thought of it still makes me cringe. Woodend having a dry night would be a disaster as the macintyre boys would have no way to drown their sorrows every week.

Hey Chinese Cut
Your always good for framing a market - how about you have a go at doing the Macs now?
Actually seeing as it's so even do 2 markets, one on who will make the four, and one on the flag.

What on earth is Rory Healy doing playing F grade cricket? I understand F grade is tyldens highest grade but you would think he would play at another team in a higher grade. He is smashing them all in the player championship, people would be thinking he is the next trevor ship! GLORY HUNTER!!

T Shipp in E grade unchanged for day on Sat. 38 overs straight........ WTF? If I had a captain do that to me in the field i would tell him to shove it up his clacker.
anyway

McIntyre odds. (Note- framing a market is slighty more difficult given the lack of consistencyfrom all teams except Woodend :), however provides great value for money betting for those with the inside gossip.)

Sunbury united $4.50 - commanding position over Woodend this weekend. Grey, Hughes top class.... well supported by a collection of B to B+ grade cricketers.
Romsey $6.50 - 2nd most wickets taken so far this season. A good collection of match winners, who can win a GF off their own bat
Rupertswood $9.50 Taken the most wickets in the comp and have lost less wickets then Macedon, Romsey and the marsh. In a Gf would want to have a few bats in the top order dismissed early ino order to win.
Marsh $14.00 -Struggled to replace one S Huddle. Are lucky the limelight is on Gisborne (harmon antics) and not their poor perforamce.
Gisborne $18.00 -(odds went up and stayed up when shite hit fan re Harmon)
Macedon $25.00 (great value bet...on top of the ladder, i have them missing finals)
Riddells Creek $ 45.00 (making up the numbers)
Woodend $1001 (will spend their 150th year in the seconds...ouch)

Biggest movers since the start of October are Woodend $6.70 out to $1001(spoon favourites), Romsey from $15.00 into $6.50
Feel free to comment.

T Shipp in E grade unchanged for day on Sat. 38 overs straight........ WTF? If I had a captain do that to me in the field i would tell him to shove it up his clacker.
anyway

38 overs 5 maidens 6 wkts for 138 in a side that had 3 bowlers in it. even Fossil bowled . Probably too many overs but if he wasn't the captain and just another player do you reckon anything would be said.

anyway

38 overs 5 maidens 6 wkts for 138 in a side that had 3 bowlers in it. even Fossil bowled . Probably too many overs but if he wasn't the captain and just another player do you reckon anything would be said.

Of course something would be said. Its E grade. At least half the team should be able to bowl, id imaine all it needs to do is land somewhere on the long green thing??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunbury united $4.50
Romsey $6.50
Rupertswood $9.50
Marsh $14.00
Gisborne $18.00
Macedon $25.00
Riddell $45.00
Woodend $1001

I'll have $100 on United, $150 on Macedon, $100 on Romsey, $50 on Rupertswood and $50 on the Marsh.

Total outlay: $450.

If United win - No profit, no loss
If Rupo win - $25 profit
If Romsey win - $200 profit
If the Marsh win - $250 profit
If Macedon win - $3300 profit
If Gisborne, Riddell or Woodend win - $450 loss.

Lucky you aren't a bookie :D

Don't know if he is the form player of the comp. (S.Grey springs to mind) but he is certainly the most dangerous bat at Rupo, and probably one of the top 5 in the comp. Get him early and Rupo are stuffed!
Makes you wonder why he is opening the batting doesn't it??????

It's true, that makes no sense, though I bet thats how Kev likes it, to start the game with a bang and all that. He truely is one of the best cricketers I've ever watched play..makes the game interesting...

Of course something would be said. Its E grade. At least half the team should be able to bowl, id imaine all it needs to do is land somewhere on the long green thing??

true .but being able to land a ball somewhere on the long green thing and actually being any good at doing it can make a bit of a difference.the side named ,due to the huge amount of unavailabilties this round ,was not well endowed with bowlers...i don't necessarily agree with one guy bowling so many overs ,but if the options arent there what do you do? giving just anyone a trundle for a couple of overs can be the difference in chasing 20-30 runs more.multiply that by 2 -3 bowlers and thats a few runs extra to chase.

true .but being able to land a ball somewhere on the long green thing and actually being any good at doing it can make a bit of a difference.the side named ,due to the huge amount of unavailabilties this round ,was not well endowed with bowlers...i don't necessarily agree with one guy bowling so many overs ,but if the options arent there what do you do? giving just anyone a trundle for a couple of overs can be the difference in chasing 20-30 runs more.multiply that by 2 -3 bowlers and thats a few runs extra to chase.
are you really a dwarf?

Grey and Hughes surrounded by B Grade cricketers. 75% of them would slot in to any of the Mac's sides in the compo at the moment.

I'll have $100 on United, $150 on Macedon, $100 on Romsey, $50 on Rupertswood and $50 on the Marsh.

Total outlay: $450.

If United win - No profit, no loss
If Rupo win - $25 profit
If Romsey win - $200 profit
If the Marsh win - $250 profit
If Macedon win - $3300 profit
If Gisborne, Riddell or Woodend win - $450 loss.

Lucky you aren't a bookie :D

Def not a bookie... do it for shites and giggles.... just gives an indication of where people clubs are at?
Does anyone know if Harmon in the bad books or what... anyone have some inside info for us? Where is he playing next year? Whisper is that Tylden have picked him up and that he is going to skipper their seconds as there is no room in the first XI....

Macedon wont win the flag. let alone play finals.

Def not a bookie... do it for shites and giggles.... just gives an indication of where people clubs are at?
Does anyone know if Harmon in the bad books or what... anyone have some inside info for us? Where is he playing next year? Whisper is that Tylden have picked him up and that he is going to skipper their seconds as there is no room in the first XI....

Macedon wont win the flag. let alone play finals.
Harmon not in the bad books at all,the blokes who run gisborne cc still sleep with the light on so as if they were ever going to disipline the bloke.
From what i hear you wouldnt want him around tylden , yes he can bat no doubting that, but his attitude and respect for people in general is very poor

Grey and Hughes surrounded by B Grade cricketers. 75% of them would slot in to any of the Mac's sides in the compo at the moment.

No.. sorry, just looked at the stats... ill say it again- Hughes and Grey surrounded by B+ to B grade cricketers, take out those two guns and united wouldn’t make finals. They would however be competitive against other B grade teams.

Repeat... anyone know where Harmon is playing next season? can the tension at the dragons be cut with a knife?? Like walking on glass. People dont where to look etc. Makes it worse when he isnt making the runs of 08/09.... Pressure got to take its toll somewhere along the way.

I heard a whisper that a GDCA club may be looking at putting in a turf wicket - without leaving the competition. Any thoughts ?

Welcome back pal, long time no see ! Where you been ???

Yeah not a bad idea turf wickets – great to play on too. A few clubs used to have em (Craigeburn, Sunbury, Bulla & I think Woodend may have even had one too) many moons ago though. They do have inherent problems though – i.e. They are very high maintenance, they are very susceptible to inclement weather conditions (any rain from Thursday on – then NO play Saturday)…… & here is the BIGGY – They are able to be “Doctored” way too easily by the home team !

Other than that they are fine. :thumbsu:

Welcome back pal, long time no see ! Where you been ???

Yeah not a bad idea turf wickets – great to play on too. A few clubs used to have em (Craigeburn, Sunbury, Bulla & I think Woodend may have even had one too) many moons ago though. They do have inherent problems though – i.e. They are very high maintenance, they are very susceptible to inclement weather conditions (any rain from Thursday on – then NO play Saturday)…… & here is the BIGGY – They are able to be “Doctored” way too easily by the home team !

Other than that they are fine. :thumbsu:
I would think it would be one hell of a home ground advantage if only one club was to have turf. Would other clubs be happy for this to happen ?

I know that alot of quality kids are leaving the GDCA because they want to play on turf. All the decent rep cricket is played on turf, State championships etc.

It's true, that makes no sense, though I bet thats how Kev likes it, to start the game with a bang and all that. He truely is one of the best cricketers I've ever watched play..makes the game interesting...

Good cricketer no doubt ........but "one of the best I've ever watched play"???? Was Kevvy holding a gun to your head when you typed that?????
I think Chinesecut could be right. Macedon to go from top to also rans in the last 4 rounds, with the beneficiary being the Marsh....and I reckon they could shake it up come March!

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back