GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

No.. sorry, just looked at the stats... ill say it again- Hughes and Grey surrounded by B+ to B grade cricketers, take out those two guns and united wouldn’t make finals. They would however be competitive against other B grade teams.

Repeat... anyone know where Harmon is playing next season? can the tension at the dragons be cut with a knife?? Like walking on glass. People dont where to look etc. Makes it worse when he isnt making the runs of 08/09.... Pressure got to take its toll somewhere along the way.

Think your a little harsh on the Onions there champ.
However...for what it's worth here is my take on the likely finalists:
United - Hughes and Grey have stood up all year with the bat. But how many times has United posted a winning score without a sizeable contribution from either of these two? Powell and Parker are reasonable bats in their own right but need one of these two to bat around.
Romsey - Stand outs with the bat. Any of L.Cox, M.Cox, Lock or Burdett could get a big score and help them post a big total. The query about these guys is that when batting first they play with a bit of freedom.......but what about when they have to chase a reasonable total??
Rupo - Was actually surprised to see they have 4 different bats with 70+ scores this year. I always though they were a one man (Barker) band. There coach has started making runs and if him and Barker fire on the same day they are capable of causing an upset. Biggest problem is their consistency. World beaters one minute and chumps the next!
Marsh - If they get there they will shake it up. Lots of experience and a few guys capable of posting big scores (Wakefield, O'Loughlin, Rocket - as much as it pains me to say it........)
Prediction = United vs. Romsey in the GF with Romsey winning.

What on earth is Rory Healy doing playing F grade cricket? I understand F grade is tyldens highest grade but you would think he would play at another team in a higher grade. He is smashing them all in the player championship, people would be thinking he is the next trevor ship! GLORY HUNTER!!

Wtf? I wouldnt say Rory Healy is anything like Trevor Ship at all! Yes he opens the batting but he makes quick runs unlike ship who bats all day to make 1 run an over, Yes he bowls but doesnt bowl 38 overs strate like ship, Give him a break he is the captain of the club that started from scratch so i think he has done pretty well to get them where they are now! i really do hope he takes out all 3 awards just to piss you off because the kid is a gun and is still learning the game of cricket!

Wtf? I wouldnt say Rory Healy is anything like Trevor Ship at all! Yes he opens the batting but he makes quick runs unlike ship who bats all day to make 1 run an over, Yes he bowls but doesnt bowl 38 overs strate like ship, Give him a break he is the captain of the club that started from scratch so i think he has done pretty well to get them where they are now! i really do hope he takes out all 3 awards just to piss you off because the kid is a gun and is still learning the game of cricket!

he is not glory hunting when tylden is sitting on bottom of the ladder hes trying to build a club

he is not glory hunting when tylden is sitting on bottom of the ladder hes trying to build a club

i don't know what grade the kid is supposed to play in. Yeah he's to good for F grade when he's going, but as this is his clubs highest grade ,what is he to do? maybe when Tylden have been in the comp for a few more seasons then their player depth will grow ,so they can have a side in a grade suitable to players of Rory's ability.But until then, goodluck to the kid.:thumbsu:

i don't know what grade the kid is supposed to play in. Yeah he's to good for F grade when he's going, but as this is his clubs highest grade ,what is he to do? maybe when Tylden have been in the comp for a few more seasons then their player depth will grow ,so they can have a side in a grade suitable to players of Rory's ability.But until then, goodluck to the kid.:thumbsu:

I understand they only have the 2 sides therefore i dont want to be harsh on the kid but do you know if he has been offered to have a crack at any higher cricket? The kid is gun and ill give him that but more people would love to see him making runs in a higher grade of cricket instead of pissy little F grade

What happened in b-grade if some1 did strike a player that player should be rubbed out no questions asked

What about t shipp i dont agree bowling 38 overs in e-grade i dont think so there must be other kids given a oppurtunity Macedon will lose players for that they can come to ashfield we will give em a go

How did Rupo go in the 20/20???

Dissapointing week in bendigo Cam Clayton continues his rapid rise in this competition Warren else was also a solid performer Jay king impressed me Heath boffeys fielding days 2&3 was a standout

Big rounds coming up whos gonna make the finals???????????

What happened in b-grade if some1 did strike a player that player should be rubbed out no questions asked

What about t shipp i dont agree bowling 38 overs in e-grade i dont think so there must be other kids given a oppurtunity Macedon will lose players for that they can come to ashfield we will give em a go

Dissapointing week in bendigo Cam Clayton continues his rapid rise in this competition Warren else was also a solid performer Jay king impressed me Heath boffeys fielding days 2&3 was a standout

With the top 5 all on 36 Pts and 6 and 7 on 33 Pts, it sure makes for an interesting run to the Finals..... Bad luck to Woodend though going down the B Grade.....Word on the street is that they will lose a few players if this happens.....
But the question is Who will be the Final 4....... United, Gisborne, Rupo.... and the rest will battle it out.

What happened on the weekend in B Grade?? Heard that a player was struck by another player with a cricket bat??? :eek:

Word is that it was a kid that used to play at United and went across to Diggers.... By the sounds of it United would be happy to be rid of him :D

I understand they only have the 2 sides therefore i dont want to be harsh on the kid but do you know if he has been offered to have a crack at any higher cricket? The kid is gun and ill give him that but more people would love to see him making runs in a higher grade of cricket instead of pissy little F grade

For anyone who takes notice of the play championship points on the my cricket website.... dont its a shambles i no for a fact that rory healy is only winnig cause he adds catches and runs to his stats every week when he enters them...

I gather for boff's fielding to be mentioned she managed to achieve nothing again with bat and ball? Going up there must be like playing Woodend for a whole week for him.....

People getting hit with bats? No good can come of this.

Was the guy who got hit ok? Also is there any word from the league as to what action will be taken? Surely the attacker should not be able to play this week "IF" this report is true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bloke who got hit was fine. When we say he was hit with a bat, it doesn't mean he was hit by a full blooded swing intended to hurt.
The batsmen went out caught in the slips, kept his bat in the air after playing the shot, the bowler then ran past to give him a send off, and was lightly tapped with the bat.
In saying this, the punishment should still be severe, as no matter how much force was involved, there is no place in the game for this type of incident.

Isn't he O.S atm? Very disappointed to hear that.
Sounds bad but anyone who was there says it was a pretty tame incident. Bowler ran towards the batsmen after dismissal and the batsmen hung the bat out. I am lead to believe he wasn't swinging the bat or anything like that. Players reputation probably adding fuel to the fire on this occasion.

Sounds bad but anyone who was there says it was a pretty tame incident. Bowler ran towards the batsmen after dismissal and the batsmen hung the bat out. I am lead to believe he wasn't swinging the bat or anything like that. Players reputation probably adding fuel to the fire on this occasion.

Seems to be the same old story for Diggers, finals are coming up and they have this incident and then losing on the weekend.....please don't tell me we are going to see another season down the drain for the burra?

Seems like none of the McIntyre results shed any light on the competition, apart from maybe United. The rest of the sides might as well hold a raffle to see who makes the four (Woodend aside of course).

Unfortunately player reputation adds severity to the sentence too. At least thats what the Rupo boys will say about what happened to Kev after he fronted the tribunal after last years semi. Funny the boys from the Marsh tell it a little differently!!!!!!

Good cricketer no doubt ........but "one of the best I've ever watched play"???? Was Kevvy holding a gun to your head when you typed that?????
I think Chinesecut could be right. Macedon to go from top to also rans in the last 4 rounds, with the beneficiary being the Marsh....and I reckon they could shake it up come March!

haha no he wasn't. Maybe its just that the quality of cricket i've previously experienced was not of too high a standard? who knows. but he is a good player and that definitly made it more enjoyable to watch..

Rumour has it the lad from Diggers got 8 weeks? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Remove this Banner Ad

GDCA Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back