GDFL 2009 Season - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont matter MAY wont be coaching next year i hear the big gerka has got the job.
Werribee BPH Winch Banno Blue West Anakie Corio and Belmont all looking for new coaches.

Dans and Fisher were given their marching orders last night and May got told after last game....Big news.
who's going to coach all those clubs? Is there enough quality going around?

Dont matter MAY wont be coaching next year i hear the big gerka has got the job.
Werribee BPH Winch Banno Blue West Anakie Corio and Belmont all looking for new coaches.

Dans and Fisher were given their marching orders last night and May got told after last game....Big news.

Bannockburn - dunno about that mate, spoke to Kev on Sunday and he seemed pretty certain he was going around again. not saying he is 110% staying, but definitely hasn't been sacked.

BPH - Heard similar rumours to what you're suggesting, but nothing is sure yet and they definitely will have a hard time sacking him if May brings home their first premiership. Bit of conflict in the camp mid-year but as far as i'm aware it's been resolved.

Winch - Can't say i've heard anything, they're building a new group out there and so i guess if a high profile coach comes along they'll go for it but i'm happy with how they're going for now.

Blue West - In desperate need of some big names and if the shoe fits they'll definitely sign one up, but I think Messer's job is safe for now.

Anakie - who knows. Richart seemed to do a decent job at the end of the year with what he was working with.. wait and see

Corio - Ricky is definitely not coaching, but definitely staying at Corio as a player. Nicholls has left for South Warnambool (for plenty of cash and work too apparently).. Lucas Murphy from Barwon Heads is what i've been hearing.

Belmont - Murph is safe, Toohey i'm not so sure. Wait and see I guess.. don't rule out Haami jumping back on board in a coaching capacity either.

Guess this will get repeated on Krock as their "exclusive"!!
How much do you reckon a coach gets paid?

Corio - Ricky is definitely not coaching, but definitely staying at Corio as a player. Nicholls has left for South Warnambool (for plenty of cash and work too apparently).. Lucas Murphy from Barwon Heads is what i've been hearing.

Murph and Ricky work together so that would be interesting if that's the conversations they've been having. Would Murph be a playing coach? He'd still be a required player at Heads for sure. Goal kicking award 2 years running.

Murph and Ricky work together so that would be interesting if that's the conversations they've been having. Would Murph be a playing coach? He'd still be a required player at Heads for sure. Goal kicking award 2 years running.

absolutely, he'd be an ideal forward target for the Devils.

very much watch this space IMO. hopefully something comes of it soon:thumbsu:

would be a great acquisition to the GDFL

Guess this will get repeated on Krock as their "exclusive"!!
How much do you reckon a coach gets paid?
This depends on whether you are playing or non-playing. but the range for the GD IMO would be $5 to $15 with potentially a couple of outliers (i.e. guys getting a bit more/less).

No we're not. Murph and Toohey are already signed for next year.
Big news with Boofa getting off...BPH can't win it without him and it will be interesting to see if he can control himself come Saturday.

haha yes, nothing wrong with Jase letting off some steam! should have seen him in the box:p

don't be so sure about Muzza umpiring the big one though, we had stern words with league executives after the game. we jokingly threatened not to show up G/F day if he was appointed:D:thumbsu:

As much as I have my reservations about Jase, it is good to finally hear an impartial voice on the umpiring. They have been a protected species for far too long. I know we need them and there are some very good ones out there, but they have become too involved in the game.

Think it's got a lot to do with the fact that he is no longer on any boards or committee's so there aren't many consequences for Jase having a go at anyone. (apart from a couple of angry phone calls to the studio after the game:p)

We're all impartial on the crew this year so in reality anyone/everyone is fair game.

No we're not. Murph and Toohey are already signed for next year.
Big news with Boofa getting off...BPH can't win it without him and it will be interesting to see if he can control himself come Saturday.
you have got the on field sorted Spider, what about off field positions. Are you going around again?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you have got the on field sorted Spider, what about off field positions. Are you going around again?

In what regard? I'm only the caretaker Pres at the moment. See who else wants to put their hand up come the AGM...Will have a kick again, 5 games for 100. Only taken me the best part of 11 years:D
On to this week, I think the boys from Windy Hill may be a bit to polished for the Tigers. BPH by 38 pts

In what regard? I'm only the caretaker Pres at the moment. See who else wants to put their hand up come the AGM...Will have a kick again, 5 games for 100. Only taken me the best part of 11 years:D
On to this week, I think the boys from Windy Hill may be a bit to polished for the Tigers. BPH by 38 pts
I meant president, the lions need a man of your repute to get them back up there again. Good luck with the 100, will happen about round 15 i reckon. with a big pre-season about round 10.

Today's game was as good as you'll ever see..

absolutely unbelievable effort from Thomson to get back into the game.

so much respect for that football club.

all credit to BPH to getting over the line though:thumbsu: truely remarkable effort.

my heart is still racing!

oh and Mitch Hodgson. I want your babies.

Today's game was as good as you'll ever see..

absolutely unbelievable effort from Thomson to get back into the game.

so much respect for that football club.

all credit to BPH to getting over the line though:thumbsu: truely remarkable effort.

my heart is still racing!

oh and Mitch Hodgson. I want your babies.

mitch hodgson is delicious..... :D

I think the Thomson fans may have learned not to test fate again, singing the club song in the stands when they hit the front late in the last quarter:eek:

The umpiring was an absolute disgrace yesterday and the GDFL need to do something about it this week before the Grand Final is ruined:mad:

The decision for Cavka's free kick was line ball, but by the letter of the law it was there. can't believe Thomson people were complaining about it.

Didn't think the umpiring was that bad yesterday (well, compared to the other finals:eek:)

let's just hope big bad muzza fanning isn't involved next weekend.

The decision for Cavka's free kick was line ball, but by the letter of the law it was there. can't believe Thomson people were complaining about it.

Didn't think the umpiring was that bad yesterday (well, compared to the other finals:eek:)

let's just hope big bad muzza fanning isn't involved next weekend.

Bourky! Big call from a member of the media. Not sure if Muzz would appreciate it but I'd have to agree. Would hate to see another game ruined by umpires decisions.

I think the Thomson fans may have learned not to test fate again, singing the club song in the stands when they hit the front late in the last quarter:eek:

The umpiring was an absolute disgrace yesterday and the GDFL need to do something about it this week before the Grand Final is ruined:mad:

the umpires must of been under instructions to make sure it was a BPH and East Geelong grand final, coz those orange maggots cost us a spot in the granny

clutching at straws.

The umpires certainly didn't cost Thomson the game. Soft excuse.

I'd say Andrew Venners dominance in the Ruck did. Amazing how much influence one position on the ground can have. No coincidence that Thomson's best patch of football came when Brent Anderton started to break even in the middle of the ground.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how many of the Thomson legends retire. Will need to sign a few new players to remain a premiership threat next year IMO.. They should regain Brent MacLeod which will be massive inclusion, Jacko obviously still pretty young. Scott, Lennon, O'Neill & Vaughan still have plenty of good footy in front of them (anyone get a diagnosis on Vaughan? looked like he did the hammy in the last quarter) and of course my boy Hodgson will take the league by storm!

any word on the plans of the following players?

Timmy Gardiner? I reckon he could go around again but I guess it'll be up to him..

Tommy Harriott? Was good in the finals but I reckon he'll hang em up for good now..

Nick Maheras? Expecting him to run around again next year

Christian Hyland? Same as Maheras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back