GDFL 2009 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tilley played 7 senior games in which Bannockburn have won 5, He had played for another club in 2007 but the club failed to even submit a clearance and were able to register him on the system because the system does not go back two years. The law states if a team plays an un-registered player they lose their points for those games.

So long story short Bannockburn would lose enough points to have no chance of making finals, Corio would gain 8 points as they played Bannockburn twice while Tilley was playing. This would leave the ladder in an interesting situation with Inverleigh sitting only percentage above Corio on the ladder, both sides have tough games this week, Corio v East, Inva v Thomson. Although not short like i previously stated, it should end up being a great game in round 18 where Corio play Inverleigh for a spot in the finals.

After saying all this there is every chance the league will not take the points, but the next couple of days will be largely anticipated by 3 clubs in the league.

Any thoughts?, i hope i have answered a lot of questions.

he also played 7 games in the reserves if i'm researching correctly, and they won 6 of those games, which would mean they should go back to 24 points meaning north geelong, belmont and thomson who are all level on 32 points will be fighting it out for that fifth spot on the ladder. Correct?

Big news.Inver should do everything they can to get it investigated.It would be great for them to play finals.Who cares how you get there.
Inverleigh would have too high a moral standard to do this going on how they complained about East calling a head count a couple of years ago when they replaced a player that was sent off stating that it wasn't in the "spirit" of the game.

IMO the league will review it and find that a genuine mistake was made and the status quo will remain. I am using the Corio review as the basis of my opinion in which incidence a genuine mistake was made the league looked at it appropriately and made the right decision.

My final thought is that the top 3 would love to see Banno out of the finals.

Tilley played 7 senior games in which Bannockburn have won 5, He had played for another club in 2007 but the club failed to even submit a clearance and were able to register him on the system because the system does not go back two years. The law states if a team plays an un-registered player they lose their points for those games.

So long story short Bannockburn would lose enough points to have no chance of making finals, Corio would gain 8 points as they played Bannockburn twice while Tilley was playing. This would leave the ladder in an interesting situation with Inverleigh sitting only percentage above Corio on the ladder, both sides have tough games this week, Corio v East, Inva v Thomson. Although not short like i previously stated, it should end up being a great game in round 18 where Corio play Inverleigh for a spot in the finals.

After saying all this there is every chance the league will not take the points, but the next couple of days will be largely anticipated by 3 clubs in the league.

Any thoughts?, i hope i have answered a lot of questions.

If Belmont get 4 points from their loss to Bannockburn and beat Anakie and Winch is it possible they could actually sneak 5th?

My word is Investigation has started, and the rules are clear but the electronic system is weak
Inverleigh should investigate it the rules are quite simple if the player isnt registered with your club he cant play and if does you lose your points. It affects both seniors and reserves and every club has every write to have this investigated, there no excuses for letting this happen.
In saying all this everyone knows its true and did happen but i bet the league will sweep it under the table and if they do they better be carefull because all a club has to do is get the vcfl to look into it and that would look 10 times worse than being honest now, then having the truth coming out during or after finals when its all to late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back